PDA

View Full Version : are we running or what


johnnygibbon
18-09-2010, 07:32 PM
should clear up by eleven. are we racing or what. i will be turnin up any way:thumbsup:

Si Coe
18-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I have a Bmax to test. I'll be there.

Whiskers
19-09-2010, 06:52 AM
The cat98 will also be in attendance heres hoping for more big air!!:thumbsup:

The race controller
19-09-2010, 09:03 AM
should clear up by eleven. are we racing or what. i will be turnin up any way:thumbsup:

Do you mean "turn up to the boat club"?

rob m
19-09-2010, 09:26 AM
im going,but i think its going to be a bit wet, might just have a bash with my lazer as thats all lazers are good for! don,t mind that getting a bit wet, see who i can beat with a 18 year old car lol:p

Si Coe
19-09-2010, 09:36 AM
If its Whiskers, Johnny and me you'll beat us all!

I could do with some setup help if you are coming though.....

rob m
19-09-2010, 10:10 AM
ok no worries, still raining though:(

johnnygibbon
19-09-2010, 10:11 AM
i will come for a bit then. might just run vorza though..........
its defo to wet to run at the min though . might just be sociable and try and steal si,s big bores while he not looking

johnnygibbon
19-09-2010, 10:27 AM
abandon ship abandon ship........
this rats jumping overboard. to wet . lets get micro and race in my spare room....................................

Si Coe
19-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Its still hammering down here, and the prevailing wind means I'm getting the weather before Bury does, so I think I'll stay home after all. No point getting stuff dirty!

I gather a few hardy (clinically insane more like) souls have gathered at the track. If things improve I'll bob over later, if I can be bothered....

Whiskers
19-09-2010, 10:32 AM
So who is actually going down today just so I can make sure that we are still opening before I set off walking.

Si Coe
19-09-2010, 10:32 AM
abandon ship abandon ship........
this rats jumping overboard. to wet . lets get micro and race in my spare room....................................


I sold my Micro T, but it did 30mph so probably a bit much for a back room. Little Chris is at the track, the fool! If you are feeling brave we can still go.

The race controller
19-09-2010, 06:46 PM
You missed a good day today.
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy67/The-race-controller/woOdy/DSC00763.jpg
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy67/The-race-controller/woOdy/DSC00764.jpg

Even the seagulls didn't show.

captainlip
19-09-2010, 06:55 PM
wow! now im glad I didnt make the trek over :o

Si Coe
19-09-2010, 07:49 PM
To quote Little Chris 'Well theres a few puddles on the straight, but you can drive round them.....'


I spent the afternoon trying to fit a Mamba micro pro and Dynamite C4 9200kV motor into a Taiyo hovercraft......

Unfortunately it seems that a 9200kV motor on 3S revs a lot more than a basic 280 sized motor on 6.0V, and the props weren't strong enough!

I've now scrapped my hovercraft idea and am researching Ekranoplans.....

The race controller
20-09-2010, 06:04 PM
To quote Little Chris 'Well theres a few puddles on the straight, but you can drive round them.....'


I spent the afternoon trying to fit a Mamba micro pro and Dynamite C4 9200kV motor into a Taiyo hovercraft......

Unfortunately it seems that a 9200kV motor on 3S revs a lot more than a basic 280 sized motor on 6.0V, and the props weren't strong enough!

I've now scrapped my hovercraft idea and am researching Ekranoplans.....

Don't you mean "Caspian Sea Monsters"???
We watched that bloke off Top Gear.:p