PDA

View Full Version : EA3 REAR ARMS


liam
19-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I got a set of this in a job lot for a xx4

Are they stronger than the standard plastic and graphite ones?

Also, would they be any good on a 2wd xx as they have holes that would make it the car wider at the rear than standard

cheers

liam

super__dan
19-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Ref xx4, i think you'll need the hubs else the width will be wrong, as with the xx. You can't just make it wider as the driveshafts will come out of the diff.

liam
19-09-2010, 02:34 PM
good point!

its prob not worth bothering with then

cheers

Ferret
21-09-2010, 03:55 PM
They are not as strong as the plastic and graphite parts.

You can use them with the outside holes and keep the stock width.

If you use the inside holes your car will become narrower than stock.

liam
21-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I see thanks.

Maybe its worth boiling these plastic parts?

super__dan
21-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Took some time to find this old post but I measured it all before. have a read about 1/2 way down.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18908&page=3

Ferret
25-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I see thanks.

Maybe its worth boiling these plastic parts?

I think boiling only works for Nylon based parts, I'm not sure about the Losi materials.

Anyway, the rear arms almost never break, regardles of the material, so I wouldn't worry about it.