PDA

View Full Version : New to nitro


tc2k
30-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Hi there, been a member for ages, used to race 1/10 electric off road but stopped about two years back. Been looking at some cars/buggies for the last month or so and decided I really wanted to try a nitro buggy and after perusing ebay came across an XB8 (yes I know its an older model) with all the kit ready to go for £240, seemed like a good offer and if I decide Im not that keen on it, its not a fortune.
Was just wondering if anyone had any pages giving a nitro newbie like me some information I need to know.
What are the most common parts to break/wear out on the car and engine?
Anything else that might come in handy is appreciated, I dont know if I plan on racing it at all, will have to wait and see if I enjoy it as much as I used too.

Thanks:thumbsup:

Tron
30-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi,

One of the best places would be the xray forums: Link (http://forum.teamxray.com/)
I also know a couple of guys at pendle used to run the XB8s and one until half way through this summer season!.
I think one guy just starting has bought a used XB8 to start racing with too.
Heres a thread with some setup info: Link (http://www.pdmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=815.0)