View Full Version : Best engine for sensible cash.
andys
02-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I know nothing about engines, I've got a second hand Noverossi plus 4 .21 engine in my RC8B and it's run faultlessly so far (thanks Bally at MB ;))
I do though fancy a new one, just to learn a bit more and break it in / set it up myself.
Who make good engines, and which ones should I avoid ?
Will a new engine work ok with my Noverossi exhaust too ?
Cheers.
axeman
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Alpha's are good buget engine!! and will run with the novarossi and RB's no problem...
gnr racer
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I have a Novarossi +4 myself,just about to go on to its 4th gallon, best engine i have owned absolutely faultless.
If you are looking to get another engine, the Alpha .21 range seem to be v.good (I've just bought a 2nd hand 850f) stripped it down & it looks to be v.good quality for the money & spares are cheap...conrod £15, but a very tight engine to break in aparantly.
I had a go gxr but didnt get on with it at all, I would say try an Alpha
andys
03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Cheers for the replies, I noticed yesterday that my engine is a plus 2, not a four, the top heatsink is blue. Anyway, it seems really good, just want to be sure if I get a new one it's at least as good as this one !
get a v spec from hk mate
jackson.55
04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Nitro tec
Made by Nova Rossi , Does over 10mins , Easy to work with . Great price .
Need i say any more
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.