View Full Version : Shop
sldmodels
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm feeling awkward about even bringing this up as I'm not exactly sure how to broach the subject.
As far as I'm aware according to the new micro rules, the "shop of the day" is down to the hosting club to organise, and if they can't do that, then it falls to the micro committee. I can understand if neither party could organise a shop to be present on the day, but I think that this could have been mentioned before hand.
I had about 6 people ask me today while I was there for micro bits, and I had to tell them that "yes I'm a shop, but I'm not the shop today, so I only brought my own stuff". Unless I'm asked, I will only be taking my own stuff, and if I we're to be asked, I'd need enough notice to get sufficient stock in, as would anyone.
Danosborne6661
03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Perhaps it would be better if you just brought stuff along anyway? After all, you are a business. Taking some stock 'just in case' may not be a bad idea. You can't rely on other people to let you know if there's going to be a shop on the day or not, just take some parts in case there is the chance to accidentally make some money? If you look at it from a business point of view after all..
sldmodels
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I understand where you're coming form on that Dan, and I'm not being awkward here, but it's more than being able to make money or not. I can take along all my micro stuff no problems, but if I'm asked, then I can make an extra effort. Right now, most of my ordering is touring car stuff as that's my main market. I won't start ordering for Dudley till next month, and that'll mainly be limited to Shark stuff (although I am trying to secure other car stuff too), and that's assuming that I attend Dudley, as I might be asked to do the shop elsewhere on the same dates - without being asked, I can't plan properly.
That being said, this isn't about me being the shop or not. It's about knowing that if you have a breakage and needs spares, there'll be a shop there to supply you with stuff.
c0sie
04-10-2010, 05:57 AM
As always, if you want an official answer contact the Committee.
Other peoples opinions on a public forum are certainly not to be taken as gospel, and Dan telling you to "take some stuff with you incase you accidentally make some money" is liable to end up with you in trouble with the Committee.
Bad Dan. Brain before mouth.
Jonesy
04-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm feeling awkward about even bringing this up as I'm not exactly sure how to broach the subject.
As far as I'm aware according to the new micro rules, the "shop of the day" is down to the hosting club to organise, and if they can't do that, then it falls to the micro committee. I can understand if neither party could organise a shop to be present on the day, but I think that this could have been mentioned before hand.
I had about 6 people ask me today while I was there for micro bits, and I had to tell them that "yes I'm a shop, but I'm not the shop today, so I only brought my own stuff". Unless I'm asked, I will only be taking my own stuff, and if I we're to be asked, I'd need enough notice to get sufficient stock in, as would anyone.
Hi Sarah,
If you felt awkward bringing this up then an e-mail to myself or Cris or any other of the committee members may have been better than posting on a public forum. However, I will now answer your query.
You are right in what you say that the Host Club or Committee should provide a shop for the day. From the Host Club point of view we were unable to provide a model shop due to local shops not being stocked high in Micro bits (I may be wrong in saying this and if any local shop would be interested in supporting Broughton in the future please let me know). The committee were also unable to provide a shop due to the distance to travel (as previously mentioned a discussion for another day)
I should have put 2 and 2 together once you booked in and asked if you would provide bits on the day and for this I appologise. Next time I will have another shop to ask
All in all those people who needed bits and bobs as the day went on were happy with the way the rest of the pits chipped in and helped each other.
Not to many unhappy people from yesterday, let's not try to put any negative spin on what turned out to be a fantastic day
sldmodels
04-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I wasn't trying to have a go at anyone Jonesy, (and don't worry about not putting 2 + 2 together, think you had enough on sorting rd 1 anyway - that's meant to sound better than it might lol) which is why I started the post the way I did. If you do host a round next year then keep me in mind, but please give me enough notice :)
Cosie, I'm used to there only being one official shop on the day, so unless I'm asked to be the shop, if someone asks me for bits, I refer them to whoever is the shop on the day, and tell them that if they haven't got the bits, ask them if they can get them from me, and most other shops appreciate that - I'd hope that they'd do the same for me in return.
matdodd
04-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I have to say as a 1/10th racer doing his first Micro National Its normal for there to be no shop at most meetings these days.
So I wasn't surprised there was no shop but I didn't know there had to be one (if your struggling next time Jonesy let me know and I'm sure I could sort some thing with Steve)
On a personal note thanks to the guys in the pits for the losi parts as I had no spares with me at all :thumbsup:
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I've just been told this morning that I won't be doing the shop for the Dudley micro as the commitee has chosen a shop for the event. Now, according to rule 6.8:
"6.8. Provision must be made for a suitable shop. If the club cannot provide one the Section will arrange a suitable shop. Only the provided shop will be allowed to trade at each round, and must be a UK registered business."
I'd like an explanation please.
c0sie
21-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Sarah,
I don't know why you choose to post your questions and concerns, of a nature like this, on public forums? Its so much easier to email but since you insist on keeping everything out in the public domain i'm happy to respond.
I was asked by the Dudley Club to supply a shop for the Micro National yesterday, which I have now sorted and arranged.
Simple.
espana
21-10-2010, 11:09 AM
hi sarah,just seen cosies reply to u,i was going to say the same thing.why put all ur rants out in open wen u can simply pm 1 of the commitee members.its like u just want to stir the sh1t all the time,but in public.these people put this time in 4 u and others 4 nothing so u can av a gud time.the micro scene is still in its infancy and is slowly trying to gain respect from other rc-ers.why dont u put as much passion into supporting the commitee,as u do in bringing them down.hope u take this post in a positive way.
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi Eddie (it is Eddie isn't it?, sorry if I've got that wrong). There's history here, and that's really all I can say without having a rant.
I asked the question on a public forum, so I would get an answer, and it could be seen. Luckily, I've not spent any money on specific stock yet, but I was agreed to be the shop between me and Roy at the Dudley, and now with 6 weeks to go, I'm told I'm no longer needed, so I'm understandably a little upset. Had I spent money, then I might have to consider some kind of legal action.
It does seem however, that the certain members of the micro community, only welcome positive comments, and anything negative has to be kept quiet. How you deal with the negative issues I'd say, is more important than how you deal with the positive aspects.
peetbee
21-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Just to pre-empt any queries regarding the Caldicot round, I have arranged for Trackside Spares to be the shop.
Please contact them if you have any micro parts requirements.
(I'm trying to be more organised this year)
If there are any queries at all regarding the Caldicot round, please contact me and I will be able to tell you what the club is doing!
c0sie
21-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Eddie (it is Eddie isn't it?, sorry if I've got that wrong). There's history here, and that's really all I can say without having a rant.
I asked the question on a public forum, so I would get an answer, and it could be seen. Luckily, I've not spent any money on specific stock yet, but I was agreed to be the shop between me and Roy at the Dudley, and now with 6 weeks to go, I'm told I'm no longer needed, so I'm understandably a little upset. Had I spent money, then I might have to consider some kind of legal action.
It does seem however, that the certain members of the micro community, only welcome positive comments, and anything negative has to be kept quiet. How you deal with the negative issues I'd say, is more important than how you deal with the positive aspects.
Sarah, there is no history anywhere, you just seem to think there is.
With regards to the shop, I was asked yesterday to supply a shop for the national which I have now done. This is between the committee and the club.
Any agreement between yourself and the club is between you and the club and needs to be resolved with them, not here.
I'm quite interested to know who your legal action threat was aimed at though? Committee or club?
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Cosie, you really just want to stir things don't you, so you know what, you stir all you want and see where it gets you.
c0sie
21-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Sarah you really need to stop this, how long are you going to keep attacking me and accusing me of making decisions that disadvantage you?
I have copies of all the emails I have sent and recieved with the dudley club, and I have source them a shop as per their request.
I haven't stirred anything as far as I know, I'm just taken aback by the 'legal threat' part of your post.
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm still waiting on an explanation from Roy, everyone knows you have a problem with me, and that's your problem to deal with.
All I know is that Roy told me I could be the shop back in September, and now 6 weeks before hand, I'm told that the commitee has one they want instead? Had I gone out and bought stuff especially for Dudley, I'd be out of pocket because of someone else's actions.
As for the legals, that would be breach of contract.
JonMack
21-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Had I spent money, then I might have to consider some kind of legal action.
Genuinely interested here, not just being a d*ck, but what kind of legal action would have taken, and who would you have taken it against? I didn't think you could take someone to court for a verbal agreement to provide a shop to an event, which then ends up being not needed. Had you spent money, could you not have put the parts in your shop and sold them, or does your shop not work like that?
Surely it would be pretty much the same as a customer coming in, asking you to order something, and never returning to buy it? I don't think you can take legal action against them for that, but I may be mistaken...
EDIT: Just read your reply, breach of contract, fair enough.
You just said "everyone knows you have a problem with me, and that's your problem to deal with.". Cris came into this thread and mentioned nothing of the "history" between you two, it was actually you that brought it up... have you ever considered it might be you that has the problem, and that you should just drop it?
c0sie
21-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm still waiting on an explanation from Roy, everyone knows you have a problem with me, and that's your problem to deal with.
All I know is that Roy told me I could be the shop back in September, and now 6 weeks before hand, I'm told that the commitee has one they want instead? Had I gone out and bought stuff especially for Dudley, I'd be out of pocket because of someone else's actions.
As for the legals, that would be breach of contract.
Sarah, ill say this publicly (and u can quote me on this), I don't have a problem with u because I have absolutely no interest in u at all. Simple.
I was asked to supply a shop which I have done.
There were no understand tactics or whatever, I woke up and had an email asking for a shop to be source. End of.
I have nothing more to add.
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 02:55 PM
It all depends, I mean I don't have anymore legal knowledge than anyone else. I could have put those into regular shop stock, but I'm only a small shop, so I don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around.
If you want the shops to support the series, then you need to support the shops, and I only ever started the shop to support my local club, and then I tried doing the same for the micro scene.
Cosie - a few months ago I said I knew exactly what your problem with me was, when I didn't know, and you fell hook line and sinker into the trap that was set. I don't have time for bigots like you, and never will do.
JonMack
21-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Sarah, surely if you made a deal with Roy, and then someone at Dudley contacted the committee so they could sort a shop, then your problem is with Roy, not the committee?
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Roy didn't say which committee, and I don't trust Cosie as far as I can throw him.
JonMack
21-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Still seems like the issue is with your communications with Roy, not with the committee.
Oh and that's your issue, I don't really give a sh!t what you think of Cris, but your constant aggression towards him is pretty pathetic, grow the f**k up.
c0sie
21-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Roy didn't say which committee, and I don't trust Cosie as far as I can throw him.
Just a quickie, what.exactly are you accusing me off?
:confused:
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh and that's your issue, I don't really give a sh!t what you think of Cris, but your constant aggression towards him is pretty pathetic, grow the f**k up.
Wish I could just ignore him, but you have to stand up to some people.
PaulRotheram
21-10-2010, 03:17 PM
This is getting out of hand, Sarah if you have an issue with cris then settle it via pm/email and not by leaving petty, threatening comments on a forum.
As for issues regarding a shop, a public forum is NOT the place for it, and you are only damaging your own brand Sarah, not anyone else.
Any more unneeded comments from either end and this thread will be closed.
Jamie.T
21-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Sarah, it seems very clear here that Roy from Dudley has gone back on his word with you about SLDmodels being the trackside shop for their up and coming micro meet.
For whatever reason that is, the uk-micro committee is completely innocent in it all. The issue here is between you and the Dudley club, so why not take it up with them?
At some stage the Dudley club has changed their mind about you being the trackside shop, and to be honest, if this is how you behave on public forums and trackside, i am not at all surprised.
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I honestly don't know what has happened, whether it's the Dudley Club or the Micro Commitee.
c0sie
21-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I honestly don't know what has happened, whether it's the Dudley Club or the Micro Commitee.
Yet you decided to post here, and dispite my beat efforts to reassure you that the micro committee acted upon a request from the dudley club you continued to attack my character?
Hookay then....
Nothing more to add. Ever.
markwilliamson2001
21-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I honestly don't know what has happened, whether it's the Dudley Club or the Micro Commitee.
Well I think you had better find out first before slagging someone off? :eh?:
Jonesy
21-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi Sarah
As a Micro Committee Member a beg you please e-mail me directly
[email protected] if you have any issues in relation to the Micro Section, its Chairman or any decisions that have been made that effects you as a valued racer within OUR section.
This is my first year on the Micro Committee and I for one am trying my hardest to promote Micro Racing here in the UK as much as I can and I'm afraid to say that threads like this on oOple are damaging the reputation of the Section. We are only a young, developing section and I am big enough to accept critisism when and where it's due.
As Cris stated he was approached by the Dudley Club to provide a Model Shop as they claim they were unable to source one. I've known Roy for many years through 1/10th Mid West Regionals and I know that Roy is approachable, please speak to him and let me know the outcome so we can draw a line in this matter
If you feel you can't approach / e-mail / talk to Cris then please feel free to e-mail me and I will be happy to help
Please keep it off the forums where necessary, especially when the Section have abided by the rules as voted in by the drivers at the AGM
Andy
sldmodels
21-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok, this is the last thing I'll say on this. According to Roy, someone told him and the committee that I don't have a shop anymore, now while I don't have a bricks and mortar shop anymore, that's been the case since about June, and we talked about me doing the shop in September. I've still to find out who said this to Roy, but no one checked with me.
Danosborne6661
22-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Do you not own Cris & the Micro section a apology now Sarah for your accusation? :woot:
Smartalec
22-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Dan I pm'd you matey :thumbsup:
mattybucks
22-10-2010, 10:36 AM
It does seem that this thread has got a little out of hand.
Turning to the legal aspect had there been a contract in place then technically the claim would be for "loss of profit". However without a contract then there is no claim.
I wish there was a shop at every 1/10th off road meeting.
c0sie
22-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Can I have a pm alec? I feel all left out :D
Radish
23-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Cosie - a few months ago I said I knew exactly what your problem with me was, when I didn't know, and you fell hook line and sinker into the trap that was set. I don't have time for bigots like you, and never will do.[/QUOTE]
Are you some kind of loony? :confused:
Grow up or go and find someone else to bother, you're becoming a bore!
Smartalec
23-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Can I have a pm alec? I feel all left out :D
PM .......... just for you Cris :lol:
Cream
25-10-2010, 09:06 AM
All I can say is way to promote your shop...EPIC FAIL...........
What ever issues you have with people, airing them like this is doing you no good what so ever.
Cosworth
25-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-
Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-oom-oom-oom
Oom-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-a-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, ooma-mow-mow
Papa-oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow
Oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow
Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, ooma-mow-mow
Well don't you know about the bird?
Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!
A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow
..... Sorry, I just wanted to be part of the moment.
simond001
29-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Very funny Cosie
sldmodels
29-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Simon, answering your question from earlier which seems to have dissapeared now. I mainly do tc and micro, but Matt of Bert racing is probably you're best bet for mini-z and micro-t. I don't get a lot of call for it, and haven't fully figured out mini-z yet anyway, but it is fun :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.