View Full Version : Venue change
The race controller
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
A change of venue for our winter racing.
We can keep the same dates but the times have to change a bit as below.
The dates do not clash with Chadderton.
The venue is now Radcliffe Riverside School. (previously known as Coney Green High)
Its location.....opposite Radcliffe Tram Station
October 24 12 – 5pm
Nov 7 & 28 12 – 5pm
Dec 12 12 – 5pm
Jan 2 & 23 10 – 4pm
Feb 6 & 27 10 – 4pm
March 20 10 – 4pm
I hope you will all give a hand in setting up and clearing away.:blush:
As you will know food can’t be consumed in the actual sports hall but there is a little room at the side and there will be some chairs in there!
In the new year the cricket teams are booked in at 4 so there won’t be time to sweep up. The centre can provide drinks and snacks.
McDonalds is less than a mile away.
Spread the word.:thumbsup:
We can get in on the 24th Oct at 11:30.
The race controller
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Race fees are £5 per class.
ELECTRIC ONLY.
Whiskers
06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Whats caused the change? But anyway it makes it easier for me to get to. Will it be carpet on top of a wooden floor?
Josh
The race controller
06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:: blush:
The race controller
06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
It's a slippy vinyl. Yes we got carpet. Farnworth said we can't get in until 3.
mattb
06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
whats the post code roger i dont know where the tram station is????
Si Coe
06-10-2010, 07:58 PM
As its in Radcliffe will our cars all get broken in to? :woot:
Venue change is fine. Time change should prove interesting - we were discussing starting meets in the summer earlier too, so lets see how people cope with early winter mornings :p
I won't worry about food Rog, you need to worry about where Buds and Johnny go to smoke!
OK - so I'm back to needing a new radio system again then. I didn't bother getting it this week when it looked like we were not racing....
DX3S or EX5UR? Same price with 2 receivers. :confused:
budfish
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
As its in Radcliffe will our cars all get broken in to? :woot:
Venue change is fine. Time change should prove interesting - we were discussing starting meets in the summer earlier too, so lets see how people cope with early winter mornings :p
I won't worry about food Rog, you need to worry about where Buds and Johnny go to smoke!
OK - so I'm back to needing a new radio system again then. I didn't bother getting it this week when it looked like we were not racing....
DX3S or EX5UR? Same price with 2 receivers. :confused:
Ive given up "smoking" you turd!!!!!!
shanks
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Ive given up "smoking" you turd!!!!!!
You've given up ten times this yr already u peenaaas
birdy
07-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Just a shame most clash with NNRC Rog otherwise we would have been there.:cry:
jameswilkinson7
07-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm gunna miss the first one because it clashes with the players... But hope to be there for the others :thumbsup:
johnnygibbon
07-10-2010, 08:01 AM
sounds ok to me. looks like a busy winters racing for us. that was a very smooth swop over rog im impressed.
is it running as a series with points and minor prizes eg
1st place- big mac meal
2nd place- happy meal
3rd place-cheeseburger...........
should keep the trophy hunters happy
and can we have a truck class if enough show up
captainlip
07-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I may actually be able to make it to these meets :D
Si Coe
07-10-2010, 10:52 AM
sounds ok to me. looks like a busy winters racing for us. that was a very smooth swop over rog im impressed.
is it running as a series with points and minor prizes eg
1st place- big mac meal
2nd place- happy meal
3rd place-cheeseburger...........
should keep the trophy hunters happy
Won't work. Dave would eat all the prizes when nobody is looking......
kitesurfer73
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
count me in 4 the cheese burger or wooden spoon lol
ill be ready to roll on the 24th....:):):):)
budfish
07-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Won't work. Dave would eat all the prizes when nobody is looking......
Since I've stopped"smoking" I've lost my appetite you pillock!!
I seem to be experiencing a huge rage/anger though I'll vent it all to you si my very special friend !!!!
rob m
08-10-2010, 05:11 PM
wow bury metro back at coney green! should i be using my thunder dragon lol:p
Si Coe
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Lazer Rob? I'll run the RC10T - make it proper vintage. Brushed as well I suppose.....
The race controller
14-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Bad news today.
The local rag, Radcliffe Times, has on its front page that the sport centre at Riverside is to close when the school closes. So, we can only have it until 2014.
I hope our new track is built by then.
The first meeting at RiverSide is paid for, AND I got the gaffer tape. It's all coming together.
Whiskers
14-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Will we have to supply our own tables and chairs?
The race controller
14-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I've only had 12 replies from the e-mails I sent to the Bury members re this venue change.
Either the others are ignoring me or the addresses I have are out of date.
If you are reading this and have not had mail from me, can you let me know your new address.
Thanks.
mattb
14-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I've only had 12 replies from the e-mails I sent to the Bury members re this venue change.
Either the others are ignoring me or the addresses I have are out of date.
If you are reading this and have not had mail from me, can you let me know your new address.
Thanks.ive had an email rog
chatts#725
14-10-2010, 05:49 PM
me too
The race controller
15-10-2010, 09:13 AM
ive had an email rog
---------------------------13
The race controller
15-10-2010, 09:14 AM
me too
----------------------14
johnnygibbon
15-10-2010, 09:57 AM
and me . got a few actually . need an i phone to keep up with all these emails. and a giant rubber case to keep it in
Whiskers
15-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I've not recived any emails from the club, is it just because I am a new member?
kitesurfer73
15-10-2010, 08:19 PM
i have got my in spam....
The race controller
17-10-2010, 08:07 AM
and me . got a few actually . need an i phone to keep up with all these emails. and a giant rubber case to keep it in
You are supposed to read them.
The one in question asked for a receipt.
The race controller
17-10-2010, 08:07 AM
i have got my in spam....
Shall I take you off the list then ??
The race controller
17-10-2010, 08:10 AM
I've not recived any emails from the club, is it just because I am a new member?
Have you thought that it might be the fact I have typed your address wrong and you've not received one.
Send me an
[email protected]
mattb
17-10-2010, 08:24 AM
whiskers was probably thinking you was a profesional and you would of got his email right first time:rolleyes:
kitesurfer73
17-10-2010, 11:05 AM
i'll reply rog no worries....
gazhillAE
20-10-2010, 12:03 AM
I got it but didnt reply! Sorry!
What kind of size of track are we looking at then???
Whats the times and address etc again il be up for it!
:p
The race controller
20-10-2010, 09:04 AM
I got it but didnt reply! Sorry!
What kind of size of track are we looking at then???
Whats the times and address etc again il be up for it!
:p
It's regular sports hall/basketball size.
12:00 until 5:00
Radcliffe Riverside School
Coney Green Campus
Spring Lane
Radcliffe
Manchester
M26 2SZ
WHITTLER555
20-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Roger, check your email!
Damo.
The race controller
22-10-2010, 09:28 PM
We can get in early (11:30) on Sunday 24th Oct
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.