PDA

View Full Version : Lrp shark springs


PaulRotheram
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Just looking to see if there's a spring set available for the shark, would like a couple different ones to play around with.
And if not, what are the common weights/colours everyone goes for?

RCAshers
13-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi Paul most used springs are kit there are green springs slightly firmer and yellows slightly softer but most people go back to kit. Regards Ashley

PaulRotheram
13-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Are the kit ones black? That's the colour I have on the ones I've picked up at the moment.
Do you have green springs by chance? Need to email you Regarding pinion today too!

Body Paint
13-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Kit springs are black, yes.

I run greens all round on mine :)

Danosborne6661
13-10-2010, 02:56 PM
I use the slightly firmer greens but raw them as the green looks gay :p
The black LRP springs are identical to the FTX yellows too

Also the blue springs are the same rate as the greens even though they are labeled 'Extra firm' :eh?:

All the coloured roll-bars are also identical so don't try tuning the roll bars against one another, there's no difference :p

Jonesy
13-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I use the slightly firmer greens but raw them as the green looks gay :p
The black LRP springs are identical to the FTX yellows too

Also the blue springs are the same rate as the greens even though they are labeled 'Extra firm' :eh?:

All the coloured roll-bars are also identical so don't try tuning the roll bars against one another, there's no difference :p


Not fully in agreement with your comments on the springs Dan. I tried the Blues the other day during spring testing and I found the Blues to be a lot firmer than the greens on the front, took them straight off!

Rothers - I have some springs if you're coming along to EPOR on Friday??

PaulRotheram
13-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Cheers for the info guys!
I thought as much on the roll bars, all the same thickness!!
Jonesy can't make it this Friday as I'm working but trying to get a shift swapped for the one after if you can keep them for me please?
Looking to run my LWB before formby starts!

Oscar
14-10-2010, 01:54 AM
My car was originally an MB4 not a shark, so I bought all the springs. My Blues are quite a bit firmer than the greens. I have no idea where the black Shark kit ones sit in comparison?