PDA

View Full Version : Setups!


jimmy
04-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Stick your setups (only) in here please. For the original and Worlds edition cars.

Arn0
05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Setups for BJ4 & BJ4WE (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/jconcepts/SetupSheetsJConceptsBJ4.html)

craigosh
27-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Anyone got a setup for the WE for southport??....
Just bought one *feels faint!!!*

jimmy
27-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I cant tell you my setup (pretty much same as stu woods) since I dont have the car with me.. but the shocks are

front:
blue spring
#3 piston
30wt oil
inside on tower
outside on wishbone

rear:
green spring
#1 piston
25wt oil
inside on tower and wishbone


I think 3 washers under the rear ball stud to lower it.

Thats all I can remember! hehe.. the car was superb.

barnyard
27-06-2006, 11:32 AM
rear camberlink
3 washers under rear stud inside on hub short wheelbase

front camberlink
3.5 washers outside
2 or 3 washers inside on the outer topdeck hole

steering rack:
forward hole 3 washers inside 1 outside

i needed to use a 0.060 limiter inside the rear shocks and an o-ring outside allround to stop the driveshafts hitting the outdrives

oneways can be used but that is down to personal choice

jimmy
27-06-2006, 12:10 PM
i tried all three drive types for the review. fixed, centre one way and front one way. they were progressively harder to drive and progressively faster on the track.
To my surprise the car was really good as it comes with full time 4wd

craigosh
03-07-2006, 12:09 PM
rear camberlink


front camberlink
3.5 washers outside
2 or 3 washers inside on the outer topdeck hole

Is that right? seems like a lot of washers, and how do i get half a washer?!? :-P

jimmy
03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I appear to have one thin washer out there along with some thicker ones, so i guess thats it.. Woody did mine.

barnyard
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
i got a metric washer somat like 4 / 5mm you'd need to measure one of the kit ballstud washers then figure out which

Cockerill
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Kit ballstud washer is about 0.75mm

I have found that if I run any more than three washers with the kit ballstuds, on the inner camber links, there is no thread left to fasten the nut to.

Northy
03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Papa smurf and some super glue will fix that Tom! :D

G

bigred5765
03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ill let you all have a really nice 2wd set up tomorrow, i hope we are going to test at bury Saturday, lol u no the car i mean hehehehe be with me tomorrow hehehehe

PaulRotheram
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
so will a nice fat receipt asking for money from customs :D

is this bury thing a regular day now?

bigred5765
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
mr nice customs type chappy (you never no who reads these things) i have to edge my bets
not to bad £50-70 for three cars is what im expecting any way
still under £160 mark beets the £199 expected uk price
would love saturday at burt to become a regular thing

jimmy
03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Woha guys! BJ4 setups ! :rolleyes:

craigosh
03-07-2006, 09:02 PM
come on then jim give us the full stu wood setup....

I need to get some more washers by the sounds of it... so do i need to find 0.015" ones?

The way i had it while testin it yesterday seemed quite good, but theres always room for improvement :-D

jimmy
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
tbh with you mate, between you and me like. Whilst stu wood can tell the diff with that .0015000000 washer on there - we probably never could ! lol

I will have a look for a setup sheet and write it down for you when i get a second mate..

craigosh
03-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah was thinkin that actually... :D

ya can download an editable pdf from rc10b4.com ya know..

bigred5765
03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Woha guys! BJ4 setups ! :rolleyes:
sorry, im all excited

bigred5765
03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
mattys set up from this year
http://www.hobbytec.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=23

Richard Lowe
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
This is what I was running by the end of the day at the Batley national...

Clicky (http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/176/batley20068nn.jpg) :D

footey
26-09-2006, 02:42 PM
hi can anyone give me a starting set up for my w/e {which oil in my shocks and which springs } im using indoors mainly cheers

bigred5765
26-09-2006, 04:37 PM
hi can anyone give me a starting set up for my w/e {which oil in my shocks and which springs } im using indoors mainly cheers

check out
http://www.hobbytec.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads
and check out the downloads section

Arn0
26-09-2006, 07:17 PM
For a starting point look in the manual (http://www.jconcepts.net/BJ4%20Worlds%20Edition%20Complete%20Manual.pdf), sometime manufacturer give the basic or strating setup. If not, you still get the tuning guide (http://www.jconcepts.net/BJ4%20Worlds%20Edition%20Complete%20Manual.pdf#pag e=29) -which is the manual in fact- to help you

With that source (http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4558), you will find a large number of setup for various surface but if you just start, that can confuse you! :confused:

woOdy
06-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi guys. If any one wants a set up of there track, just let me know what you want out of the car and I will advise you as best i can. woody

rich_cree
04-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Couple of set ups.....

These are PDF files

Tiverton Setup (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/correspondent-bj4we/setups/Richard_Cree_-_BJ4_Worlds_Edition_Tiverton_setup.pdf)

General Grass / Astro setup (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/correspondent-bj4we/setups/Grass%20or%20Astroturf.pdf)

Lee
04-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Deleted

Richard Lowe
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
This is what I'll be starting with for the national this weekend :)

>>> Click (http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3874/kiddystartinggc9.jpg) <<<

Lee
18-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Rich,

What brush did you find best for cleaning the shocks?;)

Chris Doughty
18-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Lowe - why do you use 14/78 instead of 15/81? on your X11 5.5?

and why A-hole (hehe) on the rear hub?

Lee
18-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Wouldn`t the smaller pinion and spur keep the motor nearer to the centre line of the car?

Richard Lowe
18-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Lowe - why do you use 14/78 instead of 15/81? on your X11 5.5?

and why A-hole (hehe) on the rear hub?

Doughty (:p) - I can fit an 81t on the BJ4 but it's just about level with the bottom of the chassis which I don't like from the point of getting hit by stones ect. I'm guessing you have more clearance with that big thick slab of carbon you have as a chassis on the S4? ;)

Usually I prefer the shorter rear link as it feels more stable through bumps and stops the car lifting the inside front wheel out of corners when the grip is high. I did end up moving to the middle position at Kiddy as the grip wasn't there to make roll a problem.

Chris Doughty
18-05-2007, 12:56 PM
thanks for the answer(s)

we only have 3mm worth of chassis thickness, I think thats only 0.5mm thicker than yours?

Richard Lowe
18-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Maybe I'm a bit over cautious... The gearing feels about right to me and nothing gets hot, actually on the occasions when I've tried 15/78 the car felt much better :o

It can survive a run with Tom driving geared like that without thermalling and thats the ultimate test :D

KyoshoK
04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
hi, which setup is the "Jared Tebo" setup that i hear about?

Richard Lowe
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
hi, which setup is the "Jared Tebo" setup that i hear about?
This one (http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7927) ;)

I'll be posting my starting setup for Bury here soon for this weekends UK national :)

notlawnomis
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Do you have your set up from last weekend available Rich, you car was flying as usual :p

Thought it might be useful for Teesside's regional!!

Richard Lowe
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
They are one and the same :)

A couple of minor changes here and there but they are essentially the same setup. Recently I've moved away from using the toplink to stop the back colapsing and used the shocks instead, the result is a lot more rear side-bite and massive drive out of the corner.
The car was amazing at the regional; probably the best it's ever felt to drive. Just ask James Chappell who had a go at the end, I've a feeling there's going to be a XX4 for sale soon ;)

Zipper
05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Recently I've moved away from using the toplink to stop the back colapsing and used the shocks instead, the result is a lot more rear side-bite and massive drive out of the corner.


Does this refer to the rear camber link? If so, are you using the shortest link?

jimmy
05-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Get your bury setup up Rich, I wouldn't mind taking a look at that.

Lee
06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Does this refer to the rear camber link? If so, are you using the shortest link?

Yes, rich is running in the middle hole on the rear hubs though with 4 washers under the inner stud ( long stud needed);). I ran 3mm spacer on the std stud though which isn`t far off.

Richard Lowe
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
As promised, here's my Bury dry starting setup...

Link (http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3067/burystartik7.jpg) :)

PaulRotheram
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
what is the difference on moving the steering rack position have? mine is currently on the front location.

Richard Lowe
07-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Back = more low speed steering + less high speed, front is the opposite. Moving it back does make it a bit more sensitive around neutral too.

Chequered Flag Racing
06-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Setups for BJ4 & BJ4WE (http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4558)

link was working a day or 2 back but now fails :(

is it me or the link?

get the following in IE,

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/petitrc.com/httpdocs/db_read.php on line 99

:eh?:

jimmy
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
not properly linked up yet but since you need it:

http://www.oople.com/rc/setup/jconcepts/SetupSheetsJConceptsBJ4.htm (http://www.oople.com/forums/../rc/setup/jconcepts/SetupSheetsJConceptsBJ4.htm)

Chequered Flag Racing
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
not properly linked up yet but since you need it:

http://www.oople.com/rc/setup/jconcepts/SetupSheetsJConceptsBJ4.htm

Cheers Jimmy :)

Zipper
17-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm currently running my BJ4 as below (other than 3 washers under the rear camber link which is now to 'B' on rear hub):

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/80393/BJ4_May07.JPG

I am suffering from severe grip roll. It means I have to drive over cautiously as I'm always worried it's going to flip. Has anyone got any ideas?

Lee
17-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I would say move the shock positions to the middle on the towers and the outside on the front wishbones.

2 deg anti squat also.

And drive it smooth!!!

Zipper
17-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I would say move the shock positions to the middle on the towers and the outside on the front wishbones.

2 deg anti squat also.

And drive it smooth!!!

The track I run on is very very bumpy, and found the reduced anti-squat did help so don't really want to go back to 2deg.

Maybe it is just my driving and I'm just not smooth enough!

Lee
17-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Rich has done a lot of work and did a lot of testing before the bury national, he found that he could stand up the shocks at the rear to the middle hole and run the middle hole on the rear hub with 2 deg anti squat, this gave him plenty of side bite but masses of drive too, and bury is usually as bumpy as they get. It looks like your generating too much side bite with the shocks laid down all round.

Have you tried the outside row off the rears also?

Zipper
17-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Rich has done a lot of work and did a lot of testing before the bury national, he found that he could stand up the shocks at the rear to the middle hole and run the middle hole on the rear hub with 2 deg anti squat, this gave him plenty of side bite but masses of drive too, and bury is usually as bumpy as they get. It looks like your generating too much side bite with the shocks laid down all round.

Have you tried the outside row off the rears also?

Thanks Lee, going to try both sets of shocks in the middle holes but keep the 0deg ant-squat to see what difference it makes this week.

Not tried cutting spikes off rear tyres before.

Richard Lowe
17-07-2007, 02:59 PM
You can also try dropping the oil in the rear to 30w, it lets the rear of the car sit down into the suspention lowering the CG. The Bury setup is what I run pretty much everywhere now except with the shocks on the outside of the front wishbone, I only normally move them in when I'm desperate to generate steering as the front end isn't as consistent on the inner hole.

Zipper
17-07-2007, 03:24 PM
You can also try dropping the oil in the rear to 30w, it lets the rear of the car sit down into the suspention lowering the CG. The Bury setup is what I run pretty much everywhere now except with the shocks on the outside of the front wishbone, I only normally move them in when I'm desperate to generate steering as the front end isn't as consistent on the inner hole.

Thanks for this. I rebuilt the shocks at lunch today, going down to 30wt so will see how I get on. What height would you run on a bumpy rutty track? I currently run wishbones level all round.

Richard Lowe
17-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Normally CVD's level on the front, and wishbones level on the rear. Overall the front should run slightly lower than the rear.

Zipper
25-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I amended my set-up to match Rich Lowes Bury set-up with the exceptions of 0 deg anti squat and blue front springs.... what a difference! I could finally push the car without it constantly rolling. For the final, I switched to silver front springs and it was even better! Many thanks for the advice! :)

Richard Lowe
25-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds good :cool:

Zipper
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I run on a very bumpy grass track and am running Richard Lowe's bury set-up. One thing I have noticed that if I try to run at speed on a bumpy section, the back end tends to bottom out and then throws it self up so the rear wheels come high off the ground. This then causes the car to go into a roll or flip.

I'm thinking a solution maybe to run the car higher? I currently run the CVD's level on the front and the wishbones level on the rear. I understand that if I raise the car, I will lose ability to corner faster as it may tend to roll more.

Is there another or better option? Should I try limiting the shocks, different weight oil, different shock pistons?

:confused:

Richard Lowe
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Zipper,

Are you still running 0 degree antisquat? If so try the 2 degree blocks which will stop the back end squatting under power and reducing ride height.
Ho much rear wing are you running? I have always run a full uncut 7" V wing on my car, which helps keep the back end down and stable over bumps quite a bit ;)

Zipper
03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Zipper,

Are you still running 0 degree antisquat? If so try the 2 degree blocks which will stop the back end squatting under power and reducing ride height.
Ho much rear wing are you running? I have always run a full uncut 7" V wing on my car, which helps keep the back end down and stable over bumps quite a bit ;)

Thanks Richard,

With regards to wing, I am using a 7" uncut. I'll give the 2 degree blocks ago and will let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

DaHomie
09-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Richard, the shock oils you refer to in your setups, are they AE or Losi?

Regards,
DaHomie

Richard Lowe
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
AE everything in my shocks except the pistons which are Losi ;)

Northy
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
But AE and Losi are exactly the same anyway.....

G

DaHomie
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks Richard, most appreciated.

RogerM
19-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Has anybody got a good base set-up for CML raceway?

RogerM
22-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Nobody got a set up for CML??? :(

The car will be arriving literally with the trims set and that's it so any help I can get with set up would be greatly appreciated.

By the way would have to be based around AE pistons too as I don't have the LOSI ones in my pit box any more.

HELP!!

Richard Lowe
22-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Have a go with the Bury starting setup, thats more or less what I run everywhere now no matter what the surface :D

With AE pistons, try 1's in the back with 27.5w and 2's in the front with 37.5w ;)

RogerM
22-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Cheers that info is much appreciated,

I built the car with #2 in the front with 40Wt and #1 in the rear with 30wt.

I'll run it in practice like that as it feels close on the bench and I only have AE oils so don't have the half grades. I am assuming that your using Losi oils with those numbers?

Glad to hear there is a near "universal" starting set up with the bury one you posted up. Only question I have is how much change do you think would be required if you ran centre one-way rather than one-way diff?

Richard Lowe
22-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I say 27.5w but it probably isn't, in that situation I would put half 25w and half 30w in the shock.

The car will probably go round corners a bit better with your shock setup but won't be as compliant over bumps as it would be with the Losi pistons ;)

RogerM
22-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Understood. Ended up with LOSI pistons in the Mako for the same reason! Will get some when Dom gets back off holiday but I can't get them until then (hopefully in time for Kiddy winter series round 2) as I don't like buying off other people ..... after all the support he gave me for so many years it just seems far too dis-loyal!!!!

RogerM
16-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Just to contribute and for discussion;

Kidderminster Novemeber Winter Series Round

Damp (slippery in places, reasonable traction in others)

Set-up as per Richard Lowe's Bury base set up other than.....

Drive:- front diff and one-way on shaft

Pistons:

AE #2 in front
AE #1 in rear

Oils:

AE 35 in front
AE 25 in rear

Springs:

AE green front and rear

Tyres:

Balistic Buggy pink spikes (not cut but not brand new as they were borrowed)

Ride height:

Rear:- inner and outer hinge pins in line
Front:- 3mm lower than rear

Motor:

Novak 5.5 on 18:78 (10.83 which is a little higher than their recomendations but it helped smooth the car out and still came off cold)

The car felt really nice in the final (been running Schumy greens till then as all I could get), next to no understeer off power and just the slightest hint on power but not enough to make the car "push". Lap times in the final were good enough to slot me into the A (if it had been qualifying) so must not grumble .... about were I would expect them to be compared to people like Matt Dodd assuming that our relative performance is still as it would have been 3 years ago when I last raced 1/10th off-road.

This will be my starting set-up for damp astro from this point on (till I find something quicker but as safe to drive)

Lee
16-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Try losi pistons;)

RogerM
16-11-2007, 08:05 PM
They are on the list .... hopefully arriving soon. Will probably start with the equivelent pistons and work from there (not too many changes in one go)

Lee
17-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Go for red 35wt front and blue 30wt rear, its all you ever need, i have tried other combo`s but always go back to this. The US tracks may be different though:o

RogerM
17-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I keep seeing mention of the Losi blue piston (bigger holes than AE #1) and am wondering how you run them on a car that basically has a problem with the rear suspension collapsing under load? I'd have thought a slightly higher pack set up (smaller hole) would have helped give the back of the car something to lean on!!!

Maybe it's a difference in driving styles (i.e. maybe it works on the point and squirt style which is not how I drive) but I am 100% certain blues in the rear wouldn't suit me. I'll give them a try when I get some Losi pistons as I'll never know what the car would be like till I try it but it just seems totally the wrong direction as I'm actually thinking of #2s with a lighter oil in the rear after my last outing at Kiddy!

Richard Lowe
17-11-2007, 01:28 PM
The damping doesn't stop the car leaning in any way it just changes how fast it happens, the springs and roll centre change how far the car leans over.

Thats the whole point of the 4 washers under the rear camber link and shocks in the middle hole on the tower instead of the inside, to keep the car level. I'm one of the least 'point and squirt' style drivers around and it works really well for me :)

RogerM
17-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Fairy snuff Richard .... I'll give them a try ... just as soon as I can get my hands on some Losi pistons ...... like gold plated hens teeth with fillings in at the moment!!

Seems I may have mis-diagnosed the problem

KevLee
17-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Roger, Give John Cockill a shout at the Raceplace (01462 684859). I'm sure i saw some hanging up in there yesterday. He can bring them to Stotfold for you!:)

Kecky
31-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Anybody got a BJ4We set-up for Southports outdoor track please.

Lee
31-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Ryan, run what is on it, its works everywhere:thumbsup:

Have you got a 1 way for it yet?

Kecky
31-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Cheers Lee, no not yet, let me know if you see one, as no one seems to have one at the moment. :thumbdown:

Richard Lowe
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Here's the setup I was running at the first round of the Worksop series - dialled :thumbsup:

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2682/bj4worksoplipolargezo7.jpg

Gayo
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
May I ask, why do you use so little pack on the front shocks? is it lipo-related?

Thanks!:woot:

Richard Lowe
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
The previous setup was Losi reds with 40w, so it's not a million miles away. I've been running the car like that recently with nimh's aswell, the front end just feels better like that :)

Gayo
03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks.
How does the car feel with the lighter lipos? I hope to convert soon, they are still illegal here for now. :thumbdown:

Richard Lowe
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks.
How does the car feel with the lighter lipos? I hope to convert soon, they are still illegal here for now. :thumbdown:
Better in every way :)

More agile, more grip, less body roll, jumps better, lands better, just better really :)

Gayo
03-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Richard Lowe
17-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Here's the BJ4 setup I used at the Supercup this past weekend, should work on B44's too ;)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3572/2009supercupbj4.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2009supercupbj4.jpg)

masca555
17-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I just purchased a BJ4we and reading your forum I was able to understand many things and find help. I think it is a truly beautiful machine, I come from a zx5 anyway, but the feeling is great! Thanks for the advice

c0sie
27-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Rich,

Do you find the need to run any lead anywhere in your BJ4 when you run LiPo indoors?

Thanks :)

Cris

Richard Lowe
27-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi Rich,

Do you find the need to run any lead anywhere in your BJ4 when you run LiPo indoors?

Thanks :)

Cris
Hi Cris :)

It depends on what cells you are using, with Trakpower 4800's and minpins my car is right on the weight limit and feels perfectly balanced. With lighter cells like the Vampire/Demon saddles you have to add weight to the top of the battery straps. At the first national with minispikes (lighter than minipins) and Demon cells I had to add around 35-40g to each battery strap, I can't remember exactly how much off hand.

I tried adding the weight between the lipo's flat onto the chassis but the car didn't handle right, I had to add much more weight to get the same rear grip.

c0sie
27-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the reply Rich :)

Im using the smaller/lighter 3200 TrakPower cells at the moment.

Its interesting that you say about adding weight to the battery strap, would you say that the car handles better due to more pronounced boddy roll caused by the higher CofG?

Thanks again :)

Cris

Gayo
15-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey Mr Lowe,

congrats for your win at Kampenhout! I was marshalling and the BJ4 looked really good.
Would you mind sharing your setup with us?
I saw that you were running lead weight on your battery straps. Did you tried without them?

Thaaaaaaanks!:blush:

Richard Lowe
16-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Gayo :)

I'll do a proper setup sheet soon, but it's just the same as normal :lol:

The only differences to the last setup I posted are a normal diff up front and 19mm front ride height instead of 20mm.

Full uncut yellow minipins on the rear, full uncut slim yellow minipins up front. For A2 when it was soaking I was on a full 4wd set of BB pink pins and A3 a full 4wd set of BB green pins. Yes I'm running 40g on top of each battery strap with Demon 4200's :)

Gayo
16-07-2009, 09:01 AM
OK, so usual setup without one-way.
Thanks again :)

shps
15-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, its probably been done but most of the links Ive tried on here come back error!:thumbdown:
Can anybody give me, or point me in the right direction for an INDOOR setup for my bj4we.
Thanks:D

Arn0
15-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, its probably been done but most of the links Ive tried on here come back error!:thumbdown:
Can anybody give me, or point me in the right direction for an INDOOR setup for my bj4we.
Thanks:D
Look back here (http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5491&postcount=2), that should work.

Richard Lowe
16-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Arn0 :)

GRIFF55
16-10-2009, 05:26 PM
My mate (shps) has just gone home to put your setup on now rich!!! Look out, animal with a bj4 about!!:lol:
What should he gear his 12x2 on?

shps
16-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot for that, I couldnt ask for anything more!:thumbsup:
Trouble is I cant blame any poor results on anything else than my driving now.LOL:D
CHEERS.

Richard Lowe
16-10-2009, 06:25 PM
My mate (shps) has just gone home to put your setup on now rich!!! Look out, animal with a bj4 about!!:lol:
What should he gear his 12x2 on?
I can't remember for brushed :lol:

I know I used to run a Checkpoint 9 turn on 21/81, so tell him to try about 23/81 to start with :)

jim sykes
04-01-2010, 08:56 PM
rich over to you

Richard Lowe
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Jim,

Have a look at post number 88, at the moment I'm running the car like that with a couple of tweaks. The only changes are Orange/30w in the rear shocks and the steering link ballstud to the rear instead of the front.

At worksop last weekend I dropped 5w all round to 40/25w as the oil gets thicker in the cold ;)

N7ELA
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Jim,

Have a look at post number 88, at the moment I'm running the car like that with a couple of tweaks. The only changes are Orange/30w in the rear shocks and the steering link ballstud to the rear instead of the front.

At worksop last weekend I dropped 5w all round to 40/25w as the oil gets thicker in the cold ;)

Were you not running silver rear springs...???

Richard Lowe
10-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Were you not running silver rear springs...???
Yep, I meant losi orange pistons if you thought I meant springs

N7ELA
15-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Yep, I meant losi orange pistons if you thought I meant springs

No your set up sheet has black rear springs on it. I tried this but silvers worked alot better for me.

/tobys
04-06-2010, 12:21 PM
according to the recommended setup in post #88, there is no mention of roll bars. under what conditions, if ever, do you suggest running them?

thanks :)

Richard Lowe
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
according to the recommended setup in post #88, there is no mention of roll bars. under what conditions, if ever, do you suggest running them?

thanks :)
Hi Toby,

I know the AE lads run them on the rear of the B44, but I've never really liked what rollbars do to the car so never really run them.

Sometimes a front rollbar can calm the car down a bit on super high grip tracks but it's generally not needed ;)

Rich

/tobys
08-06-2010, 09:14 AM
cheers Rich - thanks for the info :thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I run the thin black one on the rear of my car when racing inside, it actually kept the back end in line funnily...

HTH

OneKiwi
29-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Are the losi springs the same as the BJ4 ones?
I have switched my shocks to losi ones do I then go with the same as in the setups or do I have to change weights hights springs etc?

thanks