PDA

View Full Version : Can I pick your brains.....?


hf integrale
15-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi guys.could do with a little help please.
I've just bought a full set of losi threaded shocks from the u.s
To fit a xxx-t.....
Right they are going to be tried on a sc10 factory team.my damper settings for the ae v2 dampers are front piston #3 45wt oil and red springs 3.90lbs
Rears are #2 piston 35wt oil and grey springs 2.33lbs.

Do losi do a similar piston and spring combo?
Do ae pistons fit losi shocks?
And do ae springs fit losi dampers?
Don't mind buying Losi parts as I like continuity.
Any help and time would be greatfull.
Or any ideas on possable settings
Thanks justin

peetbee
15-10-2010, 11:46 AM
AE pistons fit Losi shocks and vice versa. I don't think AE springs fit Losi dampers as the Losi dampers are a smidge larger outside diameter.

Losi Piston to AE equivalent
#55 = .052"----- #1 = .052"
#56 = .0465"---- #2 = .0465"
#57 = .043"----- #3 = .043"

Losi to AE Spring comparison
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Tech/SpringConversion.php

Hope this helps
(oOple search & Google are great;) :p)

hf integrale
15-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.cheers I'll get on to it for when the shocks arrive
Cheers again justin

super__dan
15-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Pete, aren't there only 2 holes in an AE piston and 3 in a Losi one?

Richard Lowe
15-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Losi Piston to AE equivalent
#55 = .052"----- #1 = .052"
#56 = .0465"---- #2 = .0465"
#57 = .043"----- #3 = .043"

In my experience a Losi Red (#56) feels closest to a #1 on the track :)

hf integrale
15-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Any more help much appreciated.and opinions...
Cheers justin

peetbee
16-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Pete, aren't there only 2 holes in an AE piston and 3 in a Losi one?

I've just checked and yes, you're right. That throws that out then, hmmmm