PDA

View Full Version : XFK019 Kit - Which Chassis?


markwilliamson2001
16-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I am starting to look at moving over the X6 buggy.

I think I will go for the XFK019 conversion kit, but am interested as to which chassis is included in the kit - plastic or graphite?
And is either of the chassis included, the new one WITHOUT the recess holes for NIMH cells? I will be running lipo if it helps (Trakpower 4900 cells).

Thanks
Mark

CCristo
16-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The conversion kit comes with the graphite chassis. The EC (entire car) kit comes with the plastic chassis. Only the original X-6 had battery cutouts. All squareds have smooth bottoms without cutouts.

markwilliamson2001
17-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Is there any advantage to the plastic chassisnover the graphite one? Is it like the B4, where the plastic is jusy easier to drive?

Cheers
Mark

dreamworld
17-10-2010, 02:49 PM
You just said it yourself.

markwilliamson2001
17-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup: :lol:

YoungChazz
18-10-2010, 05:39 PM
We think of plastic vs graphite as a tuning option, so it depends on where you usually run and your driving style. Brian Kinwald wants his car precise and predictable, so he runs graphite.

In U.K. there is very little practice time, so an easier-to-drive car is sometimes an advantage, and there you'll want plastic.