PDA

View Full Version : RxM5


jasonrcb
22-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi guys

Take a look at this and see what you think

this rb5 mid conversion is the car im going to be running over the winter,but this 1 comes with a twist,it is convertable between mid and rear motor and can be changed in around 15 minutes 17671

17672

17673

17674

this is the first prototype made from an original rb5 but my next 1 will be from the sp2,im hoping to try it at ledbury next sunday if the next batch of machined parts are finished,i will have both versions of the car with me at the next kiddi MAM so feel free to come over and have a look :thumbsup:

you can use the rb5 shell but were in final stages of a custom made shell for it again hopefully that will also be at kiddi

at the minute im using the idler mod the same as the cr2 but again that may change in the future there is still plenty of developing ongoing throughout the winter

tsan
22-10-2010, 06:20 PM
That looks pretty slick. What do you run battery-wise when in mid motor setup? Saddle?

jasonrcb
22-10-2010, 06:29 PM
yes mate its designed around saddle pack configuration

jon kedge
22-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Currently got two rb5 mids available to me,one has a flat aircraft aluminium chassis and the other is zx5 rear,rb5 front.zx5 one drove very well at kiddy last week end.Are you going to try a stick pack across the chassis as all my lipo's are that.

jasonrcb
22-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Jon i will certainly try a stick pack across it for you,and i have put that brushless system in my box for you :thumbsup:

bert digler
22-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Jon i will certainly try a stick pack across it for you,and i have put that brushless system in my box for you :thumbsup:

is that the one rog made:p

RogerM
23-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes it is indeed. I've been very pleased with mine all through the testing, the pictures Jason has posted up are of a generation 4 car built using the first production intent components. I hope to get the conversion kits out to the guys who have shown definite interest in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on a potential supplier for some components at the moment.

Basically the conversion uses about 95% of the RB5 kit, really all you don't use is the chassis and t-piece.

There should be several of them about in the West Mids next year and I have had a fair bit of interest when it was just rumours on the grape vine so hopefully a few floating on the national scene too.

I'll post up some more detail when I get a few moments and a connection that isn't via my mobile.

Jon, I am afraid that I don't see any way of getting a stick pack in the car. I did look at it but it was just too compromising to the overall performance aims of the car.
The chassis is about 35mm narrower than a stick pack is long!