Rob H
02-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi all,
Just found this forum recently by chance and hoping to get some help. I am just finishing my first season racing a pretty much standard DF-03 with 19T tuned motor. For next year want to put together a new car with some hop ups.
I have many questions on many topics but wanted to start with this one first. On the power side I have bought a mamba combo and looking to use the 7700 motor to race on 5 battery(6V) set up for the following reasons, to soften the power of the motor, try to reduce temperature build up, (it can be very hot here where I race) and also lighten the car. Also would wish to use the standard 6pack(7.2V) from time to time for fun.
My questions are - What things do i need to consider to be able to run 5 and 6 battery combinations. is there anything special I need to look out for in the servo, can anyone recommend a good one to use. i note that these are rated 6V and 7.2V, how to the 6V ones work with a 6 battery set up. What is the practical differnce in using analogue or digital servos.
On the battery charger can anyone recommend a good one that would be able to charge both 5 and 6 cell packs.
regards
rob
Just found this forum recently by chance and hoping to get some help. I am just finishing my first season racing a pretty much standard DF-03 with 19T tuned motor. For next year want to put together a new car with some hop ups.
I have many questions on many topics but wanted to start with this one first. On the power side I have bought a mamba combo and looking to use the 7700 motor to race on 5 battery(6V) set up for the following reasons, to soften the power of the motor, try to reduce temperature build up, (it can be very hot here where I race) and also lighten the car. Also would wish to use the standard 6pack(7.2V) from time to time for fun.
My questions are - What things do i need to consider to be able to run 5 and 6 battery combinations. is there anything special I need to look out for in the servo, can anyone recommend a good one to use. i note that these are rated 6V and 7.2V, how to the 6V ones work with a 6 battery set up. What is the practical differnce in using analogue or digital servos.
On the battery charger can anyone recommend a good one that would be able to charge both 5 and 6 cell packs.
regards
rob