PDA

View Full Version : FS2 bodyshell - ouch!!


RobW
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
I sprayed my kit shell with a very quick all white job just to get racing with the intention of getting another shell and getting a decent paintjob done later.

Just looked at price and £22 for a kyosho shell without a wing??!!!

I thought touring car shells were expensive at £17 but at least you got a wing and they are certainly bigger and (in my opinion) have a lot more shape to them - I like my FS2 a lot but can't pretend it is a "pretty" shell.

Does anyone know about any other sources of shells that will fit?

Cheers

Rob

Darren Boyle
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
To be honest £22 for a buggy shell that originates from Japan is cheap at the moment, the current UK RRP price on them is over £25 at present.

The TC shells you refer to will mainly come form the USA where the exchange rate with the dollar is much better than the useless rate with the Japanese Yen at present, applies to all goods coming from the land of the rising sun sadly right now.....

ryanlownie
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
It's exactly as DMS says, exchange.

Example, Kyosho Ultima SC Shell = £40, Associated's SC10 Shell = £30.

Plus, if you protect your shell internally with tape/shoe goo e.t.c. it'll last ages....

RogerM
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Nothing is going to be much cheaper I am affraid.

As Darren says, it's the GBP to YEN exchange rate at fault not the shops or Kyosho UK.

On the plus side the shell I am running on my car at present is 2 years old and still in good shape so they are obviously made of a quality lexan and have no stress raiser in the shape. Think of it as an investment :)

RobW
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks all - all things considered, just decided my all white shell looks fine after all!!

Having thought about it a bit more, I used to be able to wreck a 12th shell in a weekends racing at £12 a go and think nothing of it so maybe £22 for a shell which will probably last a season is actually good value:) Was just a bit surprised but the exchange rate does explain it.

Cheers

Rob

tsan
01-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I usually buy J Concepts bodies, as they seem to be to be similar in cost, (maybe even a few bucks less than the kyosho) but usually come with a wing or 2. it's been a while since I bought a J Concepts body for my lazer, but I did buy one this weekend for my RB5, and it indeed came with 2 wings.

corsair
11-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I like my FS2 a lot but can't pretend it is a "pretty" shell.

Rob

The FS2 shell is one really beautiful shell. At the moment, the only other contemporary shell that I think looks better is the yokomo bmax 4's.

monassos
03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=116&id=9842