View Full Version : Lipo Charge
Wassy
03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello,
Should I be leaving my Lipo fully charged and balanced after every meeting?
How should I store them
Thanks
Mark
sosidge
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Certainly not fully charged. This can cause damage in long term storage.
If your charger has a "store mode" - most decent recent ones should - use that. Or just leave the packs alone after your last run (assuming you are not using up nearly all the capacity in your races).
Wassy
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
ok, so just leave them with some charge in them?
sosidge
03-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Part charge, yes - full charge, no.
rocketrob
03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
All manufacturers seem to differ slightly - but definately NOT fully charged, most that I've seen recommend something between 3.0v and 3.7v per cell (or about 50-60%) charged.
sosidge
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
All manufacturers seem to differ slightly - but definately NOT fully charged, most that I've seen recommend something between 3.0v and 3.5v per cell (or about 50-60%) charged.
3.0V is WAY too low. That's basically flat. 3.5V is pretty low in my opinion also. My charger stores to around 3.85V per cell.
rocketrob
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
3.0V is WAY too low. That's basically flat. 3.5V is pretty low in my opinion also. My charger stores to around 3.85V per cell.
You did notice I put "50-60% charged" - right? :rolleyes:
As I also said, it depends on the manufacturers recommendation.
Wassy
03-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Right ok, both my packets are sitting in my box fully charged!! Tell ya some people I have listened
too!!
I am not racing until the 14th what would you suggest, stick them on discharge for a bit
leeleefocus
06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes 3.0V per cell is basically flat for a lipo at resting voltage.
3.85V per cell is approximatly 50-60% charged which should give you the least amount of cell degredation.
There are lots of things you can do with a lipo that will drastically increase the number of cycles you can get from them. If you want to find out some good info about lipo's then go here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.