View Full Version : xxx cr body shells?
styleone
11-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,
Can anybody tell me which other body shells fit the xxx-cr please,
Does the xx4 shell fit?
Any info is much appreciated as I'm looking for something a little different.
Thanks guys
:thumbsup:
Tom3012
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Any from the XXX 2WD buggys...
XXX, XXX BK2 or, obviously the XXX-CR... Jconcepts also do a shell..
And no, the XX4 shell will not fit the XXX-CR
Hope that helps
Tom
dave-p
11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I PREFERE THE J CONCEPTS SHELL MYSELF AS THERE IS A LITTLE MORE ROOM FOR YOUR ESC AND ELECTRICS.
styleone
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks Tom, I've seen jconcepts one,looks cool,I'll have a look at the other suggestions
Cheers for posting
styleone
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Good call dave, more room is always good mate
Tom3012
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
No worries... :)
Im not a fan of the Jconcepts shell personally, if you need more room than the standard CR shell then either the XXX Phobia bodyshell or the XXX BK2 shell will do the business...
Tom
styleone
12-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I saw the Phobia in clear lexan...what is the difference to standard xxx-cr shell....couldnt see much to be honest or perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough? :lol:
THANKS for posts guys
Tom3012
13-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Basically the cut lines... The phobia shell has higher side pods to the CR shell and is a bit 'rounder'... hope that makes sense?
styleone
13-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Makes perfect sense mate. Thankyou for the insights it is greatly appreciated, just got to order atomic cr2 conversion now and I'm set for my Xmas project...if anybody has a cr2 for sale let me know,ideally the se - red carbon
Thanks for posting regarding xxx cr shells, I'll have another look into phobia guys
Cheers
Tom3012
13-11-2010, 01:43 PM
What you can do is buy the XXX-CR shell and ignore the cut lines but instead cut where it goes to a 90degree angle... not sure if that makes sense?
Ill take some pics of my dads as this is what has done along with a few other people
styleone
13-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi mate,
Photos would be brilliant mate...look forward to seeing how you got it done mate :woot:
Tom3012
17-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Sorry for the slow reply, ive not forgotten, just been busy... Ill post pics when i get home this afternoon :thumbsup:
Tom3012
17-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Sorry, cant take any pics of mine, my dads gone away and taken the camera... however, if look at this thread, post #280, the blue shell, you can see the cut lines where hes left it and cut the shell lower...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10246&page=14
See what i mean?? just under the "MCM" sticker...
styleone
17-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi...thanks for link to images, really helpful mate...I notice the extra cut around the gear cover aswell. Thanks for taking time to post and pass on the knowledge...Id still like to see your buggy sometime as I always appreciate a nice looking shell.
Chears mate :thumbsup:
Tom3012
17-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Mines in the same thread, its on the page before :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.