View Full Version : cr2 undertray?
styleone
16-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi all...does anybody know if there is a cr2 under tray available please? or does another kits under tray fit?
thanks for any info :)
way_to_hell
16-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I think there was someone in this forum who sold it but don't know if it is up to date...
But you can do it very easily on your own - it's not much work :)
Ferret
16-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Can you please explain (or post a link) on how to make an undertray?
way_to_hell
16-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Well I got no pics sry, but I will try to explain it:
First u need the lexan and a hot air gun(not one for your hairs ).
Then you should start like this:
1) Screw the lexan on your chassi. I use the two screws at the front and the two screws which hold the gearbox and the the srew which hold the shocktower.
2) then start heating the foil but be careful and dont stop moving, because if you stay too long on one place the lexan will be white and loose his flexibility. So you can pull the foil over the chassi ang give them the shape.
Good Luck :)
tony12795
16-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Where would you get the Lexan from ?
styleone
16-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I guess the other option is chassis protection sheet. The self adhesive type the associated do...although my aversion to that is that it seems a crying shame to cover your lovely carbon chassis in a pretty perminant sticky layer :cry: (may be the lesser of 2 evils though...scrathes or sticky layer lol :eh?:
Any other ideas greatly appreciated
way_to_hell
16-11-2010, 03:18 PM
The chassi protection sheet doesn't worked well on my AC... the sheet was destroyed afters 7mins driving on a rough outdoor track...
So I think it's better to use an undertray like asso, instead of nothing...
In Germany, I can get the lexan in a building centre - I don't know really how to translate the german word to english, but it could be called "glazing film"
JonMack
16-11-2010, 03:31 PM
ebay is probably the best place to get lexan from
blade
16-11-2010, 08:50 PM
there is a lad on here that does them chtiboy37 hope it helps
styleone
17-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Cheers Blade,
Just sent PM to Chitboy...so fingers crossed mate. Ive seen a few pictures of a very professional looking cr2 undertray that was made by him. Ill update this thread when I get a response incase anybody else is wanting to save that spanky carbon lol :)
Thanks for all info guys
chtiboy37
22-04-2011, 08:51 PM
understray CR2 by XRracing (me:p)
http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/04/22/110422105557737341.jpg (http://www.casimages.com)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.