View Full Version : Hmmmmm I wonder what a 410 Ultra is ?
tony12795
16-11-2010, 10:44 AM
On Jonathan's signature ????
Smartalec
16-11-2010, 10:49 AM
On Jonathan's signature ????
I wonder ;)
c0sie
16-11-2010, 10:51 AM
JC is my hero :D
Northy
16-11-2010, 10:54 AM
:D:D
GRIFF55
16-11-2010, 12:31 PM
could it be numbers and letters!!! hahahaha:p:wub:wub:wub
tony12795
16-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I thought Northy may like it........:D
OldTimer
16-11-2010, 12:47 PM
All will become clear in good time :drool:
tony12795
16-11-2010, 12:50 PM
could it be numbers and letters!!! hahahaha:p:wub:wub:wub
Griff, I like it !!! BUUUT
GRIFF55
16-11-2010, 12:52 PM
couldn't resist BUUUT
Northy
16-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I thought Northy may like it........:D
;);)
Chequered Flag Racing
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
All will become clear in good time :drool:
ready for christmas 2010 or later?
OldTimer
03-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Should have a prototype ready before xmas ;)
GRIFF55
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
ooooooooooh, should be soooooper sexy!
Chequered Flag Racing
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Should have a prototype ready before xmas ;)
any spy shots you can post to get us all ddddd:drool:ing,
basey
04-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Mite have to keep the durango now
steve73
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Where can i find a picture of the Carbon Shock Towers for the DEX410? :confused:
David Church
07-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Where can i find a picture of the Carbon Shock Towers for the DEX410? :confused:
E mail JC at AC, this is from DC. Job done:thumbsup:
Carlos69
17-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Should have a prototype ready before xmas ;)
any updates ?
rcjunky
18-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I think there is a pic of it on red rc, or it may be some other comanies red CF chassis
Thomas P
18-12-2010, 08:36 AM
redrc pic is not the AC one..it is Tresrey
OldTimer
18-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Looking like it will not be ready before christmas now :cry:
lcpvcce
20-12-2010, 12:31 PM
OOOO...............no...........:o
Chequered Flag Racing
25-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Looking like it will not be ready before christmas now :cry:
How about before Xmas 2011?
just wanted to ask for an update, it sounds intresting, but till now hmmm ^^
GRIFF55
26-01-2011, 03:53 PM
i think all may be revealed very soon!!:drool:
Northy
26-01-2011, 04:33 PM
i think all may be revealed very soon!!:drool:
:wub:wub
Holeshot
26-01-2011, 06:43 PM
i think all may be revealed very soon!!:drool:
Hope so :D
OldTimer
27-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Ok i sneak peek of the progress of the 410 ultra :drool:
stegger
27-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Are they molded side's ? Look's lovely :wub:wub
Holeshot
27-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Looking a the battery brace on the left side at the front. It doesn't seem to go across like the right side. Is this to make changing batteries easier?
3171scott
28-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Will it use the OEM shell or are you going to comeout with its own shell?
OldTimer
28-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I have designed it to fit the kit shell, with the higher walls of the tub, it should not be a problem if you cut out the shell to the cut lines.:)
I have a new sprayed up shell but not had chance to cut it out and fit it to check all is ok.
3171scott
28-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I have designed it to fit the kit shell, with the higher walls of the tub, it should not be a problem if you cut out the shell to the cut lines.:)
I have a new sprayed up shell but not had chance to cut it out and fit it to check all is ok.
Thanks! cant wait to see it! I just liked the way you stiled the S2 and S4 shells and was looking forward seeing your take for a shell... Love your work.
Chequered Flag Racing
28-01-2011, 05:08 PM
With the carbon tub and everything fitted RTR what does it weigh?
Will there be a brass weight kit car if it's under BRCA weight limits and to help adjust the balance of the car if needed?
OldTimer
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Attached is a quick snap of the 410 Ultra without lipos and in daylight, so hopefully it will give people a better idea.
People have asked about price and timescale, we are looking at doing some testing with the tub asap, as long as that goes ok we would be looking at 1-2 months for tubs to become available. Also there will be limited availability due to the time it takes to make each tub. The rear end mod is currently being tested.
Price wise as each tub is hand made and with the cost of making the mould pretty expensive, it means that the price is not as low as we would like, but if you have a 410R with the tub and other parts you will have a special car which still costs less than the full fat 410.
The tub along with the U brace and brass posts will be in the £135-£140 region, if you don't want to use the kit battery strap, the CF strap along with the extra posts for this will be around £20, and finally the parts to enable you to mod the rear end will be in the £28-£32 range.
GRIFF55
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool:
HarlowS
01-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Just when you thought the Durango couldnt get any better .... :wub
thaking
04-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Oldtimer, can u tell some of the main purpose and advantage of using this conversion kit rather than the alu chassi that follows the kit?
paul01ews
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi JC, sorry we missed you at the petit but my Dan was off his feet with the flu.
Put me down for one of these with all the additional parts please, can i have it in red too ?
W.:drool:
JohnM
06-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi JC, sorry we missed you at the petit but my Dan was off his feet with the flu.
Put me down for one of these with all the additional parts please, can i have it in red too ?
W.:drool:
I knew you wouldn't be able to pass up one of these Wiggles:lol:
lcpvcce
06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
wonderful and good news................:woot:
OldTimer
06-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Oldtimer, can u tell some of the main purpose and advantage of using this conversion kit rather than the alu chassi that follows the kit?
Four main reasons off the top of my head
1 - Tweak, its is very unlikely you will tweak a carbon fibre chassis and even less if the cf is moulded into a tub. The alum chassis on my 410 was tweaked out the box ! its was banana shaped front to rear by 3mm this was reduced to 1mm once the plastic sidepods were add. So for me the 410r chassis on my car is comprised even before i get to the track.
2 - Space, as the tub floor is flat all the way to the tub walls you have a lot more room to place you electrics were you want them.
3 - Flex, with the tub chassis i can adjust the thickness and also the materials used to make the tub chassis, which can be used to adjust the way the chassis flex's in a controlled way. The current chassis is 2.6mm thick and a full carbon fibre layup, this can go down to 2.3mm or upto 4mm. Then i can replace some of the inner layers of cf with fibreglass which is heavier but less strong (we did this on the S2 flex chassis, to flex the chassis to generate grip on dirt tracks). Once we have done some testing with the tub chassis we will determine the optimum setup of materials and thickness.
4 - Bling, a cf tub chassis just looks so good :D and with our special red cf outer as a option along with the other red cf parts for the durnago it would be a special car. I guess you could add some Tresrey red alum parts as well to complete the red look lol.
Bagman
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
This looks like it would help me out on our dusty dirt tracks over here. Outdoor season here starts end of April/start of May. Any idea yet when this will be ready?
paul01ews
06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I knew you wouldn't be able to pass up one of these Wiggles:lol:
You know me Mr M, i am just an Atomic Carbon slut at heart....lol
Hope to see you back at the track soon mate?
Wiggles:p
Chequered Flag Racing
27-02-2011, 09:02 AM
@ Atomic Carbon
ETA for the arrival of the 410 Ultra is??
OldTimer
28-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Got some problems with the tub mould, so no eta at the moment :(
HVAC25000
09-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey Jonathan, hope you're doing well!
I was hoping you could tell me if your products for the 410 will change the size of batteries that will fit, such as allowing for a taller pack (I assume not). I'm about to buy a few new packs and of course want the biggest ones I can fit in the Ultra when it's out.
Thanks!
Chris
Ooooooof... and I thought I'd be able to resist buying a Durango... your tubs are simply irresistable Jonathan! :wub
Could you make a 1:1 carbon jacuzzi btw? :woot:
This sick creation, and a Bugle shell on top... :drool:
Sign me up for a pre-order please! (with all options) :thumbsup:
steve73
16-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Update?:woot:
OldTimer
21-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Update?:woot: Still waiting on the revised tub mould to be finished :cry:
...while we wait... how is the 22 tub mould coming along? ;)
OldTimer
21-03-2011, 09:02 PM
...while we wait... how is the 22 tub mould coming along? ;)
Not sure if it needs one, but i have designed some other parts for the 22 which i am hoping to try at the weekend ;)
OldTimer
21-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Hey Jonathan, hope you're doing well!
I was hoping you could tell me if your products for the 410 will change the size of batteries that will fit, such as allowing for a taller pack (I assume not). I'm about to buy a few new packs and of course want the biggest ones I can fit in the Ultra when it's out.
Thanks!
Chris
The tub is designed to fit saddle packs lipos which are to BRCA rules, but the U brace which holds them in place has lugs down each side which can be filed away if the fit is to tight. Height wise 25mm would be the highest that would fit.
HVAC25000
21-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the update and answering my questions :) This thing is at the top of my "To buy" list
Not sure if it needs one, but i have designed some other parts for the 22 which i am hoping to try at the weekend ;)
There's always a need for a carbon tub! :thumbsup:
I love the ideas behind the 22, and it's great that Team Losi is making new cars again finally!
But I don't get turned on by those velcro straps and the "bulky" plastic sidepods... that looks a bit too "RTR" for me! :p I'd really prefer a slim carbon tub and a carbon brace with height adjustment (like the S2) :drool:
JustARcFan
22-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I think we have the same taste in cars and idea's! :thumbsup:
There's always a need for a carbon tub! :thumbsup:
I love the ideas behind the 22, and it's great that Team Losi is making new cars again finally!
But I don't get turned on by those velcro straps and the "bulky" plastic sidepods... that looks a bit too "RTR" for me! :p I'd really prefer a slim carbon tub and a carbon brace with height adjustment (like the S2) :drool:
I think we have the same taste in cars and idea's! :thumbsup:
I am not surprised.
JustARcFan
22-03-2011, 07:58 PM
That's why I'm a big fan of you :woot:
I am not surprised.
HVAC25000
22-03-2011, 08:48 PM
May I ask what you guys don't like about velcro straps? To me, in my limited experience, they seem like a good thing, fast and versatile. I grew up in the early 90s running 1/10 and 1/12 pan cars and all anyone used was velcro straps, so they have a special place in my heart, what with the tearing noise and all.
May I ask what you guys don't like about velcro straps? To me, in my limited experience, they seem like a good thing, fast and versatile. I grew up in the early 90s running 1/10 and 1/12 pan cars and all anyone used was velcro straps, so they have a special place in my heart, what with the tearing noise and all.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell... how many velco straps have you seen on a F1 car? I think you'll only find them on the driver's shoes...
:lol: I've competed in so many different RC classes, and have had so many exotic cars. For instance the CNC machined & chromed SMP Slide, made in Switzerland. But when I received my first A-C conversion kit... I could kinda "smell" F1 when opening the box... that CNC machined carbon tub is simply the most porn & pure race bred RC part I've ever seen in my entire RC life! :thumbsup:
I remember even as a kid when you for the 1st time could get sneakers with velco straps in stead of laces... it just looks too childish, even for a child! :lol:
But we all have our own preferences! And don't get me wrong - I love Team Losi!
Btw there's only one solution worse than a velcro strap:...
http://www.clasohlson.no/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/310673_X_2004-07-01_162306.jpg
(and yes, I've seen that in a RC car...)
LOL! Yeah, I remember that Seinfeld episode about "silent velcro" :lol:
HVAC25000
23-03-2011, 01:23 AM
So the only reason is because velcro isn't cool?
It's so uncool! "Then there's that tearing sound..." :lol:
steve73
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Update?
GRIFF55
08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm sure mr ac will be on here soon. But nothing from the atomic stable will be released until its perfect:thumbsup:;)
steve73
28-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Up.......:confused:
OldTimer
05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I will have a production version of the tub chassis with my at the national at RHR on saturday, so hopefully not to far away now :thumbsup:
GRIFF55
05-05-2011, 11:17 PM
ooooooh, cant wait to see that mate!!
Chequered Flag Racing
16-05-2011, 08:10 AM
it's here, scroll down the page
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2011national-rhr/index.html
Chequered Flag Racing
31-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I will have a production version of the tub chassis with my at the national at RHR on saturday, so hopefully not to far away now :thumbsup:
Two weeks closer to a release date :D
Any idea which date though ;)
J, how are the tests going? Handling vs. a std. Rango?
They are now shipping! :thumbsup:
steve73
19-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Is the "battery strap and required brass posts" also lonely available and fitting to the original chassis?
If yes: Price?
:confused:
Kusal
21-06-2011, 03:32 PM
What is the difference in weight between the CF tub and original Aluminium chassis?
OldTimer
21-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Is the "battery strap and required brass posts" also lonely available and fitting to the original chassis?
If yes: Price?
:confused:
You will need to drill a new hole in your original chassis for the front post, but we can supply the battery strap and posts if required.
OldTimer
21-06-2011, 04:57 PM
What is the difference in weight between the CF tub and original Aluminium chassis?
From memory i think the Ultra chassis was around 100 grams and the kit chassis with the plastic side pods was around 170grams. I know we had to add 20grams to bring the car upto the minimum weight limit, but this would depend on the weight of the lipos and electrics your using.
coleman758
23-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys!!
Got mine in the post this morning! Graham is a real gent thanks fella
I will be starting the build tonight. I will post a few pics when its done!
Nigel
24-06-2011, 01:13 AM
will bulges undertrey work on this?
coleman758
25-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Here we go!!
410ultra No1 is finished! Thanks guys!
one REALLY happy customer here!
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/abodesofas/photo.jpg
MikePimlott
25-06-2011, 07:29 PM
:thumbsup:
Very Nice
Carlsberg dont make durango's but if they did, they'd look like this :woot:
rednoise
25-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Top job !
Me want...
coleman758
26-06-2011, 09:00 AM
:thumbsup:
Very Nice
Carlsberg dont make durango's but if they did, they'd look like this :woot:
I need to get my new shell painted!
any ideas on a scheme!
GRIFF55
26-06-2011, 05:38 PM
has to be red, white and chrome!
coleman758
26-06-2011, 08:41 PM
has to be red, white and chrome!
Upto know... I'm thinking Flo Pink/Chrome/Black
I'm not too keen on the red
captainlip
26-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Hahah I have to agree with griff! Red!!!
Not telling anyone my colour scheme on here until it's done :D
styleone
17-07-2011, 11:56 PM
:cool: I've got the AC itch....not looked at a rango the same since I clapped eyes on that tub chassis...decisions decisions ey :lol:
Marc0
18-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I can't wait to receive mine !!
coleman758
18-07-2011, 04:52 PM
:cool: I've got the AC itch....not looked at a rango the same since I clapped eyes on that tub chassis...decisions decisions ey :lol:
Get it bought man! Best thing you will buy this year!
maduff
19-07-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=56191&page=2
lcpvcce
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Got it today, excellent ....................:thumbsup:
Many thanks to Jonathan ................:D
Can't wait to receive my RED tub & towers!!!
Never had a DEX before either, this will be a nice build!
Oh, and with a Bugle shell of course! :wub
3x niceness! :thumbsup:
lcpvcce
02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Is it made by JC also ???
lcpvcce
04-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks for reply mate and I think ......... red tub and tower must get it also...HAHAHA
coleman758
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Can't wait to receive my RED tub & towers!!!
Never had a DEX before either, this will be a nice build!
Oh, and with a Bugle shell of course! :wub
3x niceness! :thumbsup:
Red will look something special! I got offered a RED one but turned it down!
it was too much money at the time :(
lcpvcce
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Red will look something special! I got offered a RED one but turned it down!
it was too much money at the time :(
How much ??
Northy
04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Red cf kits are available for £15 extra, but the tub is only red on the outside.
Regards,
Graham
lcpvcce
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM
......................
lcpvcce
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM
My 410 Ultra...........:thumbsup:
styleone
19-08-2011, 11:39 PM
My 410 Ultra...........:thumbsup:
:wub looks brilliant...need one badly I feel :thumbsup: JC kills it once again
badger5
15-09-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm looking to get one of these conv kits, but can anyone give some comparison feedback between the standard chassis and the tub? Graham has said that the car now feels more agile but can also be pushed more. Has anyone done some comparison tests?
Also I see that some people have swapped over the rear wishbones so that the shocks are now on the rear side of the wishbones. What's needed to do this, I see a small carbon bracket that normally goes were the shock tower goes. And what affect does it have on the handling.
Ejoying my Ultra build right now :thumbsup:
Jonathan, I see that the pics of your prototype and the final version sport a "distanced" rear shock tower, and you've mounted the shocks in the rear. Did you then also swap the rear arms? But I see the customer cars don't have this.
Please advise. Also do you have any setup/tuning info? The car seems to be very rigid (very little twist flex).
I was thinking reversed rear arms, and all the way back. In order to get a longer wheelbase = stability. We run on astro now, so grip and steering is never a problem :D
Never had a DEX before. I find especially the diff parts are a very tight fit. How do you guys get it dismantled again???
OldTimer
16-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Ejoying my Ultra build right now :thumbsup:
Jonathan, I see that the pics of your prototype and the final version sport a "distanced" rear shock tower, and you've mounted the shocks in the rear. Did you then also swap the rear arms? But I see the customer cars don't have this.
Please advise. Also do you have any setup/tuning info? The car seems to be very rigid (very little twist flex).
I was thinking reversed rear arms, and all the way back. In order to get a longer wheelbase = stability. We run on astro now, so grip and steering is never a problem :D
Never had a DEX before. I find especially the diff parts are a very tight fit. How do you guys get it dismantled again???
Re the rear shocks some people prefered it some didn't so to try and keep the cost of the kits as low as possible, we did not include his option, but Graham can supply the option if required, and from memory i did swap the wishbones around, main aim was to get more wait over the rear end and straighten the rear drive shafts.
I have not really ran my car very much :( to be able to give you a setup, but if your running on astro which is normally grippy the chassis should be ideally suited :)
GRIFF55
16-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Is it going to be taken out for the astro masters mate?
OldTimer
16-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Was thinking of using it for the F3/F4/F5 this weekend but had to cancel my entry yesterday as i have hurt my back :(
2789327894278952789627897
styleone
23-09-2011, 11:21 AM
2789327894278952789627897
Beast :woot:...looks amazing...time for a few Tresrey bits perhaps?
lcpvcce
23-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow.........red is better........................:thumbsup:
VikNor
29-06-2012, 07:54 AM
+1 on that my fellow Norwegian :)Weeeeeeeeeeeeell... how many velco straps have you seen on a F1 car? I think you'll only find them on the driver's shoes...
:lol: I've competed in so many different RC classes, and have had so many exotic cars. For instance the CNC machined & chromed SMP Slide, made in Switzerland. But when I received my first A-C conversion kit... I could kinda "smell" F1 when opening the box... that CNC machined carbon tub is simply the most porn & pure race bred RC part I've ever seen in my entire RC life! :thumbsup:
I remember even as a kid when you for the 1st time could get sneakers with velco straps in stead of laces... it just looks too childish, even for a child! :lol:
But we all have our own preferences! And don't get me wrong - I love Team Losi!
Btw there's only one solution worse than a velcro strap:...
http://www.clasohlson.no/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/310673_X_2004-07-01_162306.jpg
(and yes, I've seen that in a RC car...)
LOL! Yeah, I remember that Seinfeld episode about "silent velcro" :lol:
VikNor
30-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Raced it a handfull of times and i just love it. Didnt beat my lap record but thats because of the track conditions. Did beat my best 5min on the first try:). Buy it!!!
Carlos69
19-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Who's for an ultra tub stretched out to accomodate a DESC Slipperential and flipped SC motor mount ala Motogo Seiki DMX410 to fit a shorty ... Who wants ?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.