View Full Version : CR2 Gearbox brace
nevens
16-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi all,
I've finally been racing my CR2 for first time last week-end (almost 1 year on the shelf!). It's really a delight, one minor issue is that the gearbox brace screw keeps getting lost. I'm using threadlock of course but on 6 heats I've placed 5 screws :o. Any tip to sort this out outside glue? ;)
Cheers
blade
16-11-2010, 08:53 PM
there is a battery brace that connects to gearbox i think atomic carbon does them
tony12795
16-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, blade is right you need the gear box brace. Jonathan does sell them
If gear box screws have come loose I would suggest you replace the gear box when you get the brace.
V-Rossi
17-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Yup, not only is the new battery brace with link connecting the brace and gearbox very solid, it makes sure the flex is equal left to right. It isn't expensive at all, a must have :)
nevens
17-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Ok, thanks for your answers. I don't see the part on AC website, I'll contact Jonathan.
Do you have a picture of that new part?
Legacy555
17-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Ok, thanks for your answers. I don't see the part on AC website, I'll contact Jonathan.
Do you have a picture of that new part?
I've got one on order with Jonathan at the moment - £14.00 - bargain!
flipside
17-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Looks like this but nicer:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bnkoffroad/BNK2010Round2KampenhoutMBVPits#5465294941732595186
So 2 links connect the top of the gearbox to a new, better placed battery brace. Then you can leave the old brass motor plate brace off the car, you don't need it anymore.
tony12795
17-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Flipside is showing the top brace.
The original brace is located on the motor plate:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47311
AC's bottom brace is better than mine, but I space the motor plate by 3mm to get the motor more to the center off the chassis.
Tony
Northy
17-11-2010, 01:21 PM
How's about this picture of the across chassis battery strap/brace :)
I think it'll be on the web site soon. Available in std black cf and red cf.
G
nevens
17-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Wouter (for this and your help).
Those things look better than the small piece I have now. Let's wait for Jonathan's answer now.
V-Rossi
17-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Don't know if you did that already, but check the 'Some CR2 mods' topic too, all mods that are needed or handy are listed there.
flipside
17-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Flipside is showing the top brace.
The original brace is located on the motor plate:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47311
AC's bottom brace is better than mine, but I space the motor plate by 3mm to get the motor more to the center off the chassis.
Tony
Yes but the bottom brace is not needed anymore if you have the top brace :-) That was the original problem, the screw of the bottom brace comes loose in the motorplate.
tony12795
19-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I have run the bottom gear box brace all year and not had any issues with the screw coming loose, but I have been testing a 3mm and 4mm thick motor plates throughout the year for AC.
Remember the car does come with the bottom brace and not the top ;)
I will be testing the top brace over the winter, to see is I like it or not.
Tony
Yes but the bottom brace is not needed anymore if you have the top brace :-) That was the original problem, the screw of the bottom brace comes loose in the motorplate.
Legacy555
19-11-2010, 09:39 AM
I bought a motorplate from a Losi Speed-T - it's about 1mm thicker than the XXX-CR one - I haven't had a problem with stripping brace screws since... when used with a drop of threadlock.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.