PDA

View Full Version : taplow setup


focusmad
25-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,i have just got a x6 kit for b4.1,have been looking on the setup's for indoor on carpet and looks every one run's losi shocks but i will be running the ae v2 shocks can anyone help me out with a complete set up??
many thanks chris

Big E
25-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I'll post mine up tomorrow so you can have a look.

I'm running V2's.:thumbsup:

Big E
26-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Here you go.

E.

/tobys
26-11-2010, 05:01 PM
So E, are you preferring Losi pistons in the V2's rather than the Ghea ones?

Big E
26-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Not really had a chance to test them back to back. I was having a little trouble sorting the springs to how I wanted them so decided to go to pistons I knew to sort them out.

Once I get outdoors again I'll test them back to back.

Pretty sure they will be just as good and each will have there own advantage disadvantage.

All I do know is they are both better than the stock AE pistons!

E.

focusmad
26-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi big e,thank you so much for the set up will build my x6 next week:thumbsup: ready for the next sunday meet at taplow,many thanks again

Arthur
28-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Hello Ellis

Do you still use the plastic saddle chassis on the carpet ?

Thanks

Arthur

Big E
28-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah I have the plastic on and saddles fitted.

E

focusmad
06-12-2010, 01:59 PM
hi big e
are you going to taplow on sunday, if you are would you check my car over to see if i have got your setup right??
cheers chris

Big E
06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't make it this weekend I'm afriad otherwise I would have checked it all over for you.

E.

David Church
06-12-2010, 07:18 PM
I can't make it this weekend I'm afriad otherwise I would have checked it all over for you.

E.


Gay:p

Arthur
13-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Ellis

i saw 3 or 4 for antisquat on some of your set up. Is it in mm, number of shim (0.030?) or degree ?

Thanks

Arthur

Big E
13-12-2010, 11:15 AM
That's the amount of squat in degree's.

With the squared to achieve 4° squat you run with no spacers under the block.

E

Arthur
13-12-2010, 12:43 PM
So you always put no shim even on wood parts with the petitrc race setup ?

Thank you for your fast response.

Arthur

arvi
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi,

For Taplow I need some help on the inserts to use. I use schumacher minipins in yellow front and rear and would appreciate some advice on what inserts work best there. Thanks
Arvi

Big E
12-01-2011, 06:32 PM
@Arthur: No more shims for the slippy no!

@Arvi: I run Answer RC Donutz using the soft (blue) rear foam and the Hard (grey) front foam.