PDA

View Full Version : New Losi 2wd


flode
01-12-2010, 11:38 PM
This is good news

styleone
01-12-2010, 11:46 PM
OK!! thats what I'm talking about!! more news anybody? :woot:

Anibal Henriques
01-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Very good news .
Where did you get that picture?
I havenīt saw any prototype in the us races.

Holeshot
01-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Never seen them use TLR before.

Holeshot
02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Ok, http://www.tlracing.com/.
Most stores have put the XXX-CR as discontinued and have it on special so it may hit stores soon?

Aran
02-12-2010, 12:07 AM
looks amazing, not mid motor but rear motors better in the US right?

they could do a EU version like the losi 8ight, though that could be mid motored :P

Holeshot
02-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Hopefully there is a Fourty-Four in the works.

LRP
02-12-2010, 12:35 AM
any wright ups on it yet?? it is very breif on tlracing.com (http://tlracing.com)

Holeshot
02-12-2010, 12:37 AM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-off-road/674503d1291250084-losi-22-twenty-two-youwishyouwerethatgood.jpg

Holeshot
02-12-2010, 12:39 AM
any wright ups on it yet?? it is very breif on tlracing.com (http://tlracing.com)

Apparntly info and pics are coming out tomorrow.

jimmy
02-12-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-off-road/674503d1291250084-losi-22-twenty-two-youwishyouwerethatgood.jpg


Hmmm, hack photoshop job (by Losi) or no rear motor in that photo? There's a rear motor in the big photo so I wonder if that means it swings both ways?

ifuonlyknew
02-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Hmmm, hack photoshop job (by Losi) or no rear motor in that photo? There's a rear motor in the big photo so I wonder if that means it swings both ways?

No that was my hack "mspaint" job that I posted on rctech. I went to the tlracing site to look at the big pic. When I put my mouse pointer over the smaller pic it filled in with color and I noticed the motor wires. I just copied it into paint and added the arrow and text to point out what I saw. If you look in the small pic you can see the rear shock tower is further back too. Seems as though "it swings both ways"!

DCM
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
It is both mid and rear, with everything in the kit to allow you to do so.... very cool!

PaulUpton
02-12-2010, 07:14 AM
There is a slideshow of pictures on the site, looks interesting, some nice stuff on it.

/tobys
02-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Looks VEEERY nice!

Smartalec
02-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Looks excellent, only thing I don't like the look of is the speedo sitting on top of the motor ........... won't that all get a little warm? :eh?:

Gareth Jones
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/457694-losi-22-twenty-two-7.html

Regards
Gareth

Reevsey
02-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Don't worry about the speedo ontop of the motor it does fit in behind the servo :thumbsup:

Smartalec
02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Cheers Simon, much better idea :thumbsup:

cmgreen
02-12-2010, 08:18 AM
$269.99, thats a bargin compared to other 2wds that are out there!

burniburn
02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
This 22 thing looks fantastic, I was not even aware that this was prepared by LOSI! I already wrote them off... If this car works and a 44 will come out I will go LOSI again.

area52
02-12-2010, 08:42 AM
22 meets 52 ... :-)

http://www.area52.cc/news/361-team-losi-racing-tlr-22-twenty-two.html

Legacy555
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Is this a rebranded Durango? Alot of those bits look awfully familiar

Rocking Donkey
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Comes with all metric hardware? I like it, but thats not very Losi. I wonder if there is a clever way of reversing the motor rotation, an optional 4th gear similar to used on some CR2 conversions?

Fabs
02-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Ooooooooh

What a surprise, a new Losi 2WD ! :p

Cooper
02-12-2010, 09:26 AM
I want a punisher or bulldog body for it ;-) ;-)

:thumbsup:

hf integrale
02-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Looks very good.not been much of a Losi fan in the past.but you've got to admire them
For sticking with a car and not changing for the sake of changing...looks from the pics they have changed shock design...why.I run Losi shocks on my sc10 and they are IMHO the best buggy shocks...good luck Losi

Delves
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/index.html
:)

Mr. Red
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Looks awesome. Wonder how they solved the gerabox since it looks like its a 4 gear. Not very good if the motor is hanging in the rear I mean.

Delves
02-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Yup 4 Gear gearbox for the mid, and 3 gear for the rear... all in the same box

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Looks excellent, only thing I don't like the look of is the speedo sitting on top of the motor ........... won't that all get a little warm? :eh?:

Even my svelte Castle Mamba Max Pro ESC fits behind my servo - with my Spektrum receiver:thumbsup:

area52
02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I think I spotted two different boxes on the pic with the layed out parts.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/TLR0022_a13.jpg

Delves
02-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Sorry, meant to post this direct link through to the 22 page

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j29_tlr/j29_kits/j29_tlr0022_twentytwo/j29_twentytwo.html

Lots of images as well as the specs and features

area52
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry, meant to post this direct link through to the 22 page

Ah, ok, I see. :)

triplesix
02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Niiice
top left: 3 gear gearbox for rear motor
top right: 4 gear gearbox for mid-motor

janus_77
02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Looks very nice, but this seems a bit sketchy

http://www.area52.cc/images/stories/autos/content2010/content122010/content02122010/innovative-steering-rack.jpg

/tobys
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
so looks like 2 different gearboxes and shock towers; one for mid, one for rear...

when's this puppy going to be available?!

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I know what you mean but the testing hasn't shown it to be. Even the great British weather hasn't caused any issues with the steering.

It is very impressive...

/tobys
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
So this has already been run in the UK?

No wonder so many CR2's are up for sale!!!

Mr. Red
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Feb according to our Swedish dealer.

area52
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Feb according to our Swedish dealer.

Roll on, February! :woot:

Delves
02-12-2010, 10:20 AM
So this has already been run in the UK?

No wonder so many CR2's are up for sale!!!

Testing has been conducted in private away from the public both in the UK and the states. Recently rumours have been circulating after the 8th worlds which might be part of the reason people are getting rid of their CR2's

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 10:22 AM
So this has already been run in the UK?!


Perk of the job :woot::woot:.
Yes - It has been run as part of the global test program but only in private.

Testing and feedback to TLR will continue.

Was hoping to run at EPR this weekend but the man upstairs appears to have different ideas at the moment.

Fabs
02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I wonder who is supposed to have tested the car in the UK :cry:

phil c
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
anybody want to buy cr2 lol

Legacy555
02-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I wonder who is supposed to have tested the car in the UK :cry:

Andy Carter has been testing it since October

Delves
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Along with David Spashett

DCM
02-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Any news on a price for the UK?

MatJohnson
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Ģ214, nice price that http://www.rcracer.com/off-road-electric-articles-112/2628-tlr-22-announced

Jamie.T
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
With an RRP of just Ģ214.99, these will high streets at around Ģ199 im sure.

Looks an amazing car.

mikeyscott
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Certainly interesting devlopment and I loved my XXCR. Based on my previous enjoyment with Losi, certainly tempting

Hopefully will see one soon on the circuit.

Wonder who the team drivers for it will be and whether any turn up at Petit.

Great to have another strong brand back in the field.

Kyosho
Tamiya
Schumacher
Associated
Team Losi
X-Factory
Atomic Carbon

Any others joining the fray?

Isn't it the world champs next year? perfect timing

Rocking Donkey
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
The more I read the more I like. Things like the front bulk head attached to the bottom of the chassis, thats a new one on me. Everything seems to be designed to work on the car quickly like the shock mounts at the top, not new but good to see in the kit

Darren Boyle
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
@ Delves

Good to see you on a "proper" forum Chris.... :p

Now you just need to "race" a proper class too, now you have the right tool for the job. Looks very nice guys, well done and welcome to the party :thumbsup: (I bet your departed team drivers from last season feel a little :cry: now)

LOL at Mikey...... nice list of cars there mate

Chris Doughty
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
car does look good.... could we be seeing a Red Fire-Engine version on the track soon? :woot:

MK Racing
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
This car looks ace :thumbsup: Can't wait to get mine :)

I am now taking pre-order, the price will not change with the VAT increase as I have worked it with 20% VAT.

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=8508

Delves
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
@ Delves

Good to see you on a "proper" forum Chris.... :p

Now you just need to "race" a proper class too, now you have the right tool for the job. Looks very nice guys, well done and welcome to the party :thumbsup: (I bet your departed team drivers from last season feel a little :cry: now)

LOL at Mikey...... nice list of cars there mate

:) We will see... :p

spenner
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Perk of the job :woot::woot:.
Yes - It has been run as part of the global test program but only in private.

Testing and feedback to TLR will continue.

Was hoping to run at EPR this weekend but the man upstairs appears to have different ideas at the moment.

Why don't you bring it to the silverstone winter series this Saturday at moto arena Mr Carter????
Warm and dry so won't get it all dirty!!!

blade
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
looks the part cant wait to see it on track

ryanlownie
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
This is awesome news, really good to see Team Losi Racing back with this car. It's looking like they'll be a flood of these on the tracks in 2011.

I'm getting excited about it and don't even race 2WD!

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Now's the perfect time to start then Ry!

Only one choice to make - Rear motor or Mid:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Why don't you bring it to the silverstone winter series this Saturday at moto arena Mr Carter????
Warm and dry so won't get it all dirty!!!

LOL - I can't even get off my driveway at the moment!!

But you'll see it soon enough I'm sure. Hope you like what you have seen

hansie
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hello all,

I was wandering if my zippy saddle packs will fit in the 22.
they're quite high....
if not, that won't stop me from getting one.....

Hans

Delves
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drhoRBh2BGw

MatJohnson
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Intersting marketing vid

jamiew
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Thats vids pretty cool.

Its good to see manafacturers raising the bar:thumbsup:

Gnarly Old Dog
02-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Hello all,

I was wandering if my zippy saddle packs will fit in the 22.
they're quite high....
if not, that won't stop me from getting one.....

Hans

Hans,
I've been running with Yuntong 5000mAH Saddles that are 25mm high - no problems

hansie
02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello all,

I saw a hex wheel adapter floating over my screen on that youtube vid.
And i also saw it in one of the photo's, does it accept the standard
Associated and Losi rims?
I've been asking a a lot of questions today.....

greetings

Hans

MattADH
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I believe its all new rims on the 22 with hex fitting front and rear

floudas103
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
the only minus I see is the hexes...it means you can't use "standard" wheels...:thumbdown:
Otherwise it is awesome!!!!:thumbsup:

Legacy555
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Horizon Hobby preview video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_YxKA06P24

slow bob
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/mithraxrob/losisteering.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af114/mithraxrob/losirearhub.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THE HOLES TO PLAY WITH :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Does look very nice indeed.

Will look at one in the flesh first! Plus got plenty of spares for the SV, which I haven't broken yet! Typical..

tmaxxlosixxx
02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
i wont one lolat last a new losi 2wd thats both mid motor and rear mounted thats plenty of tuning options just need uk price aND RELEASE date:thumbsup:

Delves
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
i wont one lolat last a new losi 2wd thats both mid motor and rear mounted thats plenty of tuning options just need uk price aND RELEASE date:thumbsup:

UK RRP is Ģ214.99 but I think some of the shops that are taking pre-orders are doing it cheaper than this!

MatJohnson
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
MK has it on the site for 199.99

Tom3012
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Febuary apparently... DMS Ģ190 pre-order according to the other thread ;)

tmaxxlosixxx
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
NOT A BAD PRICE AT ALL

liam
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
typical....only had a xxx-cr for a month!

theres gonna be afew 2nd hand 2wd bargains to be had when this comes out

Now, new losi or avante? both out in feb

nicefrog
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
This is sooo good to see Losi still has some racer left in it. Very very impressive looking buggy too. Hopefully this will shake up Associated enough for them to finally release something new before the worlds even if they don't especially feel like they need to :)

watfordtrackwarrior
02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
looks like im gonna have to get 1 of these as ive been saying for the last year il race buggys again regular when losi bring out a new car 2wd never really believing they ever would lol:thumbsup: lets hope they can win another worlds

mikeyscott
02-12-2010, 11:40 PM
V v tempting to pre-order one to replace SV. However nothing wrong with my SV.

styleone
03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Im guessing team drivers need no sneaks at 22...but for everybody else...check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_YxKA06P24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnATMuYiSUQ

second link is the 22 in action on a track....very very cool :woot:

tarotrex
03-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Why not pre-order starts for Xmas??Can't wait for that long!

Legacy555
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Losi seem to have got rid of VLA arms on this new car.
I quite liked that feature on the rear of the car and used it quite a bit....

DanB4
03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Been waiting for a new Losi buggy for ages! Woohoo! :)

Will they bring out a new 4wd next you reckon?

Holeshot
04-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Been waiting for a new Losi buggy for ages! Woohoo! :)

Will they bring out a new 4wd next you reckon?

I just bought a DEX410 so hopefully not for awhile or the wife will get up me :yawn: If they make one on the samel level as the 22 it will be one interesting buggy.

lynx75
06-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I just bought a DEX410 so hopefully not for awhile or the wife will get up me :yawn: If they make one on the samel level as the 22 it will be one interesting buggy.

Holeshot, if Losi will design another innovative and (r)evolution 4wd off road, I am sure you'll buy it...or I am wrong. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

stegger
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
For those people who have run the car are they running the car with the speedo in standard position ( mid motored position ) ?

Gnarly Old Dog
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
For those people who have run the car are they running the car with the speedo in standard position ( mid motored position ) ?

We've managed to fit all our radio on the chassis plate in mid motor config - it helps to use a low profile servo like the Spektrum S6070 that we've been using.
The US TLR photos were taken before the S6070 was available and they featured a full size servo and chose to place the ESC on the motor guard but we have been able to fit the Castle MMP on the chassis with the Spektrum DSM2 micro Rx.

It does fit - honest.

I'll try to post up some photos of my install later this week - can't do it right now but bear with me.

stegger
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the quick response, i'd have problem fitting a futaba 2.4 and SP speedo on the chassis then, but then i'm used to that with the durango :woot:

Gnarly Old Dog
11-12-2010, 07:24 PM
LOL - that's the trouble with slim cars I guess.
Si has used the Futaba Rx so maybe you'll be OK. Don't forget the Castle is ma-husive.
Lo-Pro servo is nice though - does free up a fair bit of room.

I think you'll get the ESC on the chassis no prob - might need to be a bit ingenious with the Rx.

I'll post my install up in a few days - just trying to keep pace with everything right now:woot:

Cheers

stegger
11-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeh no worries, know what you mean same here :woot: Car's not out for a while anyway so no rush :thumbsup:

till
11-12-2010, 11:30 PM
i preordered one already, will se when I will recive the car, letīs hope they meet their deadline!!

cheers guys

SHY
20-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Looks very promising! :thumbsup:

And I must say I'm both impressed and surprised that they managed to keep the new car secret right up to the launch date!!! WOW!!!

No Wikileaks there... :p

migsy
20-12-2010, 11:50 AM
this is a shock to see, a few months out and i miss the new! where did this come from? I want one:D:p;)

nicefrog
21-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Looks very promising! :thumbsup:

And I must say I'm both impressed and surprised that they managed to keep the new car secret right up to the launch date!!! WOW!!!

No Wikileaks there... :p

There was talk here on oople more than 6 months ago that a new Losi that could swap from rear to mid motor was coming. But they kept it to a most likely true rumour rather than pictures :) so that's something

E-Dog
24-12-2010, 02:16 AM
My wish list !

TLR 22
Spectrum DX3R
Novak GTB2
Orion Vortex 9.5T
Losi short LiPo x2
:wub

Mr. Red
24-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Got two kits reserved:thumbsup:
Got both dirt and turf tracks up here in the north. Easier that way;)

way_to_hell
24-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey,

Can someone tell me which sizes of allen wrenches and nut drivers are needed for the 22?

Cheers

MHeadling
24-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Its all metric, so a 1.5mm,2.0, 2.5mm allen wrenchs and prob a 5.5mm and 7mm nut driver should do it but I am sure on of the Losi team lads can comment.

till
25-12-2010, 03:58 PM
We've managed to fit all our radio on the chassis plate in mid motor config - it helps to use a low profile servo like the Spektrum S6070 that we've been using.
The US TLR photos were taken before the S6070 was available and they featured a full size servo and chose to place the ESC on the motor guard but we have been able to fit the Castle MMP on the chassis with the Spektrum DSM2 micro Rx.

It does fit - honest.

I'll try to post up some photos of my install later this week - can't do it right now but bear with me.

hmm, i think someone told us that heīll post some pics of his install.
I havenīt seen them ?!?
Please post them !!

Holeshot
25-12-2010, 04:37 PM
hmm, i think someone told us that heīll post some pics of his install.
I havenīt seen them ?!?
Please post them !!

He has in the other thread - http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445109&postcount=196

jonaswal
24-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Hello all,

I was wandering if my zippy saddle packs will fit in the 22.
they're quite high....
if not, that won't stop me from getting one.....

Hans

I have the same question !

Do they fit ? (31mm high)

As I don't have any saddle packs yet, I'd prefer to pay 80$ than 300$+...

Thanks ! Sorry for my poor english !