PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel hex alternatives


kyoshogit
03-12-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm looking at getting clamping alloy wheel hex's. Are the FS2's axles the same diameter as other buggy makes, Associated or HPI maybe?

RogerM
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Simple answer is no.

Kyosho do a part LAW30

http://www.jespares.com/electric-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=9002&category_id=1285

They are very good quality items and mean yo unever loose a drive pin!

I use them on some of my cars but not all, on the ones I don't I put a blob of a good thread lock into the groove in the hex and then fit it and let it go off over night. The hex never moves but a quick tap and it pops off.
Make sure it doesn't go in the bearings though.

That said I am about ot convert them all to the LAW30 as I think the extra security of the screw is useful for a clot like me :)

kyoshogit
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the threadlock tip Roger....it makes press-on alloy one's worth consideration.
LAW30......at the price, :thumbdown:nope.

Surely there are other cars that use the same axle diameter.....anyone?

discostu
03-12-2010, 11:52 AM
there is nothing wrong with the plastic ones:thumbsup:

RogerM
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
It's not just the axle diameter but the resultant difference in offset (HB for example), a fraction can really change the way a car handles.

As Stu says there isn't much wrong with the plastic ones, not had any wear issues on hexs or wheels.
Only reason I go for the clamp on ones is that often work on my car on my lap rather than over a table so am prone to dropping things

phil c
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi guys I have 4 genuine kyosho alloy wheel hexes that clamp on that I could be tempted to part with , I'm at York this sat/sunday for the ebor race if your interested

hloland
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=834&id=10376

prc
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=834&id=10376


What can you guys say about those? Everything ok, offset, etc?

RogerM
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
They are fine mate, not sure how much cheaper they will work out when posted with VAT and duty though.

kyoshogit
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
They don't 'clamp' so didn't appeal to me. As far as import duty's concerned afaik the limit before duty is charged is £36.

RogerM
11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
They don't clamp as such bu tthey have a grub screw to the axle which you just nip down and they stay put.

prc
13-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Many thanks for your feedback!