View Full Version : CR2 Ardent Setup
Gareth Jones
12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi,
Can anyone advise a good base setup for Ardent next weekend?
I have yellow mini pins allround, brand new with stiff inserts. should I cut the outer row off immediately to save time at the track?
Gareth
Dr_UpGrade
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Gareth,
don't know if you saw this, but Griff says oswestry astro set up works well on carpet..
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58542
-Thats what I've got mine set up with, but not had a chance to try it out at my local club (taplow) yet...
steelie600
12-12-2010, 09:59 PM
It wasnt carpet last time so id hang fire on trimming pins off!!
Dr_UpGrade
13-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Soz,
my mistake then, I though I saw carpet at Ardent for the durango winter series video thats all...
:blush:
Smartalec
13-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Soz,
my mistake then, I though I saw carpet at Ardent for the durango winter series video thats all...
:blush:
You weren't seeing things, there was carpet for the first one but the second one they took it all up :thumbdown:
Hopefully it will be back down for the next one, i'll be giving friends a call on Saturday evening who are there to find out what surface it is before I make the trip this time :bored:
Gareth Jones
13-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I will be going up on the Saturday this time, so will let you know on here what the track's like.
Gareth
GRIFF55
13-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I think mr atomic, jonathan himself will be there too. So if you need any help, dont hesitate to ask him:thumbsup:
OldTimer
13-12-2010, 07:00 PM
At ardent i have ran on my CR2 the oz setup except black front springs and red pistons all round. Which is the same setup i have used all year :o
I did find for me 2wd minipins were to much so used 2wd slim minispikes, this was the 1st meeting when there was carpet.
And weather permitting i should be there Sunday.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.