View Full Version : XX4 Castor angle confirmation...???
Legacy555
13-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi all,
Am I correct in saying that the XX4 has 10 degrees in the bulkhead and 5 degrees in the upright meaning that the total castor angle is 15 degrees?
Are there any optional uprights available for the XX4?
Legacy555
13-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I've just seen alloy uprights advertised @ 7.5 degrees,
So is total standard castor 17.5 degrees?
Gnarly Old Dog
13-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Will, I'm pretty sure the standard castor blocks are 10 degrees and the white front bulkhead is also 10 deg (I think the earlier cars may have been less but sadly, I missed most of the XX4's heyday as I was out of the game back then)
There were some alternatives developed for the Street Weapon TC that gave the ability to run with either +3 or -3 deg caster depending on which way you fitted them. They are discontinued items but you might be able to find them at some stockists - part number LOSA9732
Hope this helps.
Legacy555
13-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks Andy, yes this helps.
Just one final question on the subject of castor. On the CR2 - Losi XXXNT front bulk head - If I put a gold washer on each of the front screws (and none on rear) holding on the front pivot support, by what angle does this change reduce the castor?
I seem to vaguely remember that someone mentioned 2 degrees on here a few years back..... any idea?
Gnarly Old Dog
13-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry Will I don't know for sure but you could work it out from simple trig. You know the length of the pivot and the height of a washer so you should be able to work out the tangent of the angle by dividing the height by the length.
SOHCAHTOA - gotta love secondary school maths from all those years ago - never figured that it would relate to the real world but hey, when you need to know your caster angle, you need to know :lol:
Hope this helps
Legacy555
14-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Sorry Will I don't know for sure but you could work it out from simple trig. You know the length of the pivot and the height of a washer so you should be able to work out the tangent of the angle by dividing the height by the length.
SOHCAHTOA - gotta love secondary school maths from all those years ago - never figured that it would relate to the real world but hey, when you need to know your caster angle, you need to know :lol:
Hope this helps
3.3 degrees per gold washer :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.