PDA

View Full Version : Buggy steering by ghosts


jimmy
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I was real happy with THEcar yesterday, getting 8th in the A final grid in my second time racing a nitro and first time in 3 years or more. But unfortunately I had to retire from the A final after a little over half way because there was some 'madness' going on.

Basically it seems when I put the throttle on the car steers right, but ONLY when the engine is running? What's that all about? I just tested the car now to see if it was the same - tested it with the engine off and all was fine, engine running however and the car violently steers right.

:cry:

steelie600
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like youve got a noise issue Jimmy. Have you got another receiver to try??

OR Have you accidently factored in some throttle to steering mix in the tranny??? Ive seen that before!!

jimmy
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Tried my backup receiver - same everything and it seems to work. So - I guess the receiver is badgered. If the case wasn't glued together (don't ask!) I'd crack it open for a look. Might be just the aerial wire fallen off or broken somewhere along its short length maybe?

bigred5765
03-01-2011, 07:09 PM
make sure you wrap Rx in some foam helps stop vibrations,

showtime
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
i wouldn't mention too much about having a short length on the open forum mate :)

Stu
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
First time I've seen your performance blamed on a ghost, as opposed to 'forgot glasses', 'was razzed' or such like.

steelie600
03-01-2011, 08:31 PM
or the purple hair!! But your probably right Jimmy sounds like the rx is goosed!