View Full Version : New X11 Owner!
Gareth Jones
05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello,
Right I have finally got my second hand X11 and aim to start pulling it apart tonight to check everything out.
Can someone advise any special checks I should be making or modifications whilst its apart?
Also the chap gave me a load of spares with the car - including some very small servo mounts that are anodised blue. I shall post up the part number later, but apparently they are for a servo mod.... anyone have a clue??
Just need today to fly by so i can get home and start work on it!
Gareth
You should change the plastic 'buds' on the drive shafts, the diff-outdrives should be OK if the previous owner had been a good boy changing the buds when needed.
Check the crownwheels (the main drive gear on the diff's) - replace these if the teeth look worn.
Like any car there is always the main diff rings & thrust race, and of course any bearings on the car.
You need to think of the above as items that will need changing when needed throughout the life of the car, other than those it should just be clean and re-assemble.
The X11 is a good strong bus.
The servo mounts are just an upgrade item I think - I've only ever run the standard plastic ones with no prpblem.
Mods - depends on what has already been done and what you want to do, mainly they are electrics layout changes and suspension mods. There is loads of stuff in previous threads on this forum and on www.the-pred.co.uk (http://www.the-pred.co.uk), far too much to put in one post
PredaTom
07-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Aaaaahh Gareth, I told you to contact me as soon as you receive the car :p
I can explain you all you need to check/change, and what you should do with the alloy servo posts (it's to make the pushrod mod).
Don't hesistate to drop me a mail.
Gareth Jones
07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Tom!
Sorry I haven't been in touch... I have only recently been back to my parents to collect the car.
I will send you email now!
Gareth
Smartalec
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Tom!
Sorry I haven't been in touch... I have only recently been back to my parents to collect the car.
I will send you email now!
GarethYou racing that at the Moto Arena tomorrow Gaz?
Gareth Jones
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
You racing that at the Moto Arena tomorrow Gaz?
I wont be racing tomorrow as I am only just getting over this horrible cold/flu thing I have had for the past 3 days. Hope to be there Tuesday though!
Adam F
07-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Stop being a poof and man up.:wtf:
Lowie
08-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Good for you, Gazmidas.
Were/Who did you buy it from?
93works
08-01-2011, 01:56 AM
ANY PIC'S? hey im chasing a body for my old classic 95 pro pred anyone got one?
Gareth Jones
08-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I bought it from PredaTom from France, hopefully the pics below will work:
19289
19290
Gareth
Paint on the wings would be nice.
franki
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I bought it from PredaTom from France, hopefully the pics below will work:
19289
19290
Gareth
Looks amazing if you ever want to sell it let me know lol
I was the original owner of that car! :thumbsup:
Jon Miller did a fine job painting the shell.
I bought it from PredaTom from France, hopefully the pics below will work:
19289
19290
Gareth
Gareth Jones
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Can anyone suggest the best allen drivers and nut wrenches to use with the predator? I need to buy a new set as I only have the ones I used around 10yrs ago - they are now slightly worn!
I also notice you need a slim nut wrench to get on the rear shock mounts.
Has anyone ever tried losi shocks on a predator by the way? Just I have come from a xxx-cr and have a couple of sets of front shocks that I could use on the predator if they will improve the handling...
Gareth
MHeadling
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
The tools you will need is a 1.5mm,2.0mm,2.5mm driver, 5.5mm and 7mm nut driver.
Take a look at EDS tools or Hudy.
As for Losi shocks these will be too long for the Pred, stick with the Big bores you have on the car, they are very good and Kev Lee can win nationals with them so good enough for him.................
migsy
10-01-2011, 02:46 AM
the only way you could use losi shocks would be to make shock towers and then bolt the shocks direct to the wishbones.
it was once done with the t1 saloon but never really stuck as a configuration.
PredaTom
10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Gareth,
the best screwdrivers are the MIP one. You buy them for life!!
The RC screw'z Pred X11 kit is also nice. The Pred of my friend (the pics I've sent you on friday) has this screw kit and it's really cool, high quality and bling bling ;-)
Keep the Pred shocks, definitely.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.