View Full Version : any love for the old Losi Heavy Metal Ford?
Slyp Dawg
08-01-2011, 04:35 AM
there's a guy who's starting to pull new bodies from a plug made from an old Losi heavy metal Ford body, so these things might have a bit of a comeback. given this, anyone on here have/had one and have pictures of it? also, reccomended gearing with a Novak 13.5 running on either 6 cell NIMH or 2s lipo saddle packs?
Holeshot
08-01-2011, 05:18 AM
You talking about the one from Bluegroove in Canada?
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-HEAVY-METAL-BODY-fits-xxx-4-xx-4-b44-lazer-501x-/150532811081?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item230c746949
Price is pretty good considering your paying nearly triple for the old Losi one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-A-8021-A-8020-XX4-Short-Course-RC-Truck-Body-/300512532230?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f7f15706
http://i54.tinypic.com/23ll6hl.jpg
lochness42
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Other version (awful looking one :D made by Team BlueGroove as well)
http://cgi.ebay.com/TBG-SCB-TRUCK-BODY-fits-xxx-4-xx-4-b44-lazer-501x-/150532819962?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item230c748bfa#ht_500wt_922
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!B+8l0SQ!mk~$(KGrHqIOKp!Ey+jC)vD2BNBRWqJVuw~~_3.JP G
so, all you need is the body and a mount for it in the front and it is a Short course truck?? or a 4 wd with a SC Body.?? do you need bigger wheels for it ??
lochness42
08-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Kind of, but it's much smaller than current common SCs.
Wheels are std buggy ones, again they are different to current SC wheels.
All in all I would call it ShortCourse buggy :D
Holeshot
09-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Wow, that 2nd one is pretty ugly.
Yes all you need is the body and bodymounts and that's it. Just use the standard wheels/tires. In that 1st photo you can see the size comparison between the sct and this body.
lochness42
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow, that 2nd one is pretty ugly.
I've been looking on it for a while, and I think it's 2wd truck bodyshell with widened fenders so it "looks" like SC
Somerwil
13-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I ordered one of the good looking shells on the day I found them on Ebay. It arrived a few days ago and I put on the first layer of paint just a few minutes ago.
The body feels very thin so I hope it survives some crashes. Only one way to find out ;)
The shells are meant for buggy use but it appears to fit my XX4 better than my Kyosho ZX5 FS. The wheelbase of the Kyosho is too long to make it fit perfectly.
Looking for a decent way to mount the body to the chassis. Any suggestions?
Gr,
Michael
lochness42
14-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Looking for a decent way to mount the body to the chassis. Any suggestions?
Well I've been thinking about it as I would like to buy one for myself. I'm planning to make some extensions to shocktowers (either making whole replacement or just something to bolt it on existing - on Cat most likely new, on XX4 - bolt on, maybe it can incorporate shocktower stiffener as like there were some made, just thicker). Then I'll just get some TC body posts.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.