PDA

View Full Version : TRF 201 GTO PICTURES


Pedros20
09-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi guys
Thought i'd show you a few pictures of my new built Tamiya TRF 201 GTO
As you can see its still waiting for the chassis brace coming from the States.
I have to say the car looks awsome & I cant wait to hit the track with it :thumbsup:
Thanks again JC

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/IMG_0606.jpg?t=1294562503

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/IMG_0607.jpg?t=1294562615

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/IMG_0605.jpg?t=1294562654

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/IMG_0603.jpg?t=1294562693

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/IMG_0604.jpg?t=1294562732

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, there taken from my i phone.
:cry:

V-Rossi
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM
:drool:

Junior Z
09-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Pedros,


You car is Beautiful

Strongly than mine finally arrives!
French Post thank you...

JustARcFan
09-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Must resist :bored:
:drool:

Pedros20
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.
I have to say all complements must go to Jonathan & his creation.
Really does feel like something special.
Let's hope the brace comes soon!

DaveG28
09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Guys, remind me, what do I do to the rear wishbones to make them fit again?

Building mine this week!!:thumbsup:

Pedros20
10-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Dave
All you have to do is put the left wishbone on the right hand & right wishbone on the left hand side, & file off 3 to 4 mm off the rear of the wishbone.
Sounds a bit scary but when you build it, it all makes sence.
When it's all built up the drive shafts will run parallel with the wishbone.

OldTimer
10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Dave if your at the Petit on Saturday i can show you :)

If not as Pedros says swap the wishbones around so they sweep forwards, then remove 3mm off the wishbone which is at the rear of the car, and add the 4mm space onto the hinge pin between the front hinge pin mount and wishbone mount.

If your drive shafts are straight when looking down on the car, then you got it right :thumbsup:

@ Pedros, car looks spot on, lets hope the brace arrives asap. Btw i noticed on the photos you have a spacer on the inside of the front camber links, might be better to have the spacer on the outside so the links have less of a angles ?.

Pedros20
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
See what you mean Jonathan, I put the spacer on the inside to make sure it clears the spring, but your right, think it does need spacing out on the outside.
Cheers Jonathan, I'll get straight on it. :thumbsup:

JustARcFan
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi,

How much weight did you put under the servo?

Thanks!

DaveG28
10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Guys, I assume the 3 brass spacers space out the motor plate from the gearbox?

Have you used the plastic spacer that goes inside the gearbox on the slipper shaft of the 201 on the outside of the gto gearbox?

Pedros20
10-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I think it's about 70g.
It's the heavy one from Rude bits.
Hope this helps

Cheers

DaveG28
10-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Hmm, my slipper plates rub the motor mount, how does that assembly go together?

Northy
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Sorry Dave, can't help myself, but for everyone else....

Watch out for some exciting news about this car very soon ;)

G

DaveG28
11-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Oooohhhhh????? Am I meant to already know!?

For anyone who's built it, just want to check I haven't wrecked elgearboxo!! Can't use the plastic slipper shaft spacer as the gearbox is thinner, so I shunned about 0.6mm at the far end the move the whole assembly out, then used a 0.5mm spacer to stop the float in the shaft, does that sound about right??

Holeshot
11-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Must resist :bored:

How can you resist :drool: :drool: :drool:

Pedros20
11-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Oooohhhhh????? Am I meant to already know!?

For anyone who's built it, just want to check I haven't wrecked elgearboxo!! Can't use the plastic slipper shaft spacer as the gearbox is thinner, so I shunned about 0.6mm at the far end the move the whole assembly out, then used a 0.5mm spacer to stop the float in the shaft, does that sound about right??


Hi Dave
Yes, what you've done sounds about right.
I put the shim behind the layshaft bearing to move the whole thing out.
Mine seems fine.

Pedros20
11-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Sorry Dave, can't help myself, but for everyone else....

Watch out for some exciting news about this car very soon ;)

G

What news, what new?
At least give us a clue G! Lol

OldTimer
11-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Oooohhhhh????? Am I meant to already know!?

For anyone who's built it, just want to check I haven't wrecked elgearboxo!! Can't use the plastic slipper shaft spacer as the gearbox is thinner, so I shunned about 0.6mm at the far end the move the whole assembly out, then used a 0.5mm spacer to stop the float in the shaft, does that sound about right??

When i built the proto i used no spacers at all on the layshaft, a tiny bit of movement is not a bad thing. Btw remember to threadlock the screws that go into the motorplate.

GRIFF55
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
There was movement in and out on the layshaft on the proto car, but as JC says, it didnt harm one bit.
Sexy car there pedros:thumbsup:

DaveG28
11-01-2011, 08:50 PM
When i built the proto i used no spacers at all on the layshaft, a tiny bit of movement is not a bad thing. Btw remember to threadlock the screws that go into the motorplate.

I kinda forgot the threadlock, doh! Will dab some on the ends, I did put some on the threads originally so maybe it'll hold!!

Got the whole rear end on last night, front next! Has anyone noticed how rubbish the Tamiya alloy suspension mount for the front of the rear wishbones is, the Tamiya option part!? I bent one in my hand last night!!

OldTimer
11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
You know you need to add the thread-lock :)

A bit of topic but i saw this and thought of you lol http://tv.gawker.com/5729863/heres-how-amish-people-ski

David Church
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
You know you need to add the thread-lock :)

A bit of topic but i saw this and thought of you lol http://tv.gawker.com/5729863/heres-how-amish-people-ski

Haha, thats a great find, awwwww, watch out for that pole Amish....phew, just missed it hehe

David Church
12-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I will be running my GTO this weekend at the Petit:thumbsup: Come on Amish, get yours finished!

Junior Z
14-01-2011, 11:14 PM
I received mine!

Work in progress:

http://mccdphotos.free.fr/archives/GTO9.jpg

Thanks Jonathan for the GTO, some many good ideas inside!

Junior Z
28-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Ready to run :D

http://mccdphotos.free.fr/archives/GTOR.jpg

JustARcFan
06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Any update when th kits will be ready to be shipped?