PDA

View Full Version : Next Question - Lipo Tray....?


Gareth Jones
19-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Hello,

Right almost there, just a couple more bits to sort:

- Rebuilding of the shocks
- Servo linkage to make
- Battery strap / lipo tray to figure out.....

The last point, has anyone got any good suggestions? The X11 has a lot of room for the stick lipo and I like the idea of being able to move it backwards and forwards. Is there a standard way of holding the battery in place?

Regards
Gareth

Stu
19-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I've found a standard stick or a saddle pack fits nice in the tub - with the following......

I've used the cell retaining bars to space the pack away from the centre shaft, they are stuck to the chassis' central rib with servo tape.

I used a peice of foam (from my B4) to space it front/rear.

PredaTom
20-01-2011, 07:33 AM
This is perfect (either for stick and saddle)

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_XLR8V2_LipoConversion.html