PDA

View Full Version : KO & Sanwa - what Receiver?


BelstenToo
02-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I have both a Sanwa Gemini 2 & a KO Vantage Esprit 2 and neither transmitter wants to talk to the other brand of receiver (and yes I have swapped the xtals over!:D)

Anyone have any idea why this could be or if it's the case that they just won't work together then what budget receiver would work with either or both transmitters? :confused:
I'd rather use the one transmitter for my cars and don't want the hassle of swapping one receiver between them.

jimmy
02-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I've not used a sanwa receiver with KO transmitter.. but I regularly use two different KO receivers with my Sanwa M11 and it works perfectly fine.

Are you trying to use some sort of 'high response' receiver maybe ? I did buy proper sanwa Xtals for my transmitter & receiver

DCM
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
try the Hites 03m, cheap as chips and works with my KO (not a type R)

jl
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I've not used a sanwa receiver with KO transmitter.. but I regularly use two different KO receivers with my Sanwa M11 and it works perfectly fine.

Are you trying to use some sort of 'high response' receiver maybe ? I did buy proper sanwa Xtals for my transmitter & receiver

... so Jimmy is that Sanwa crystals you're using with the Ko receivers? I'm asking as I've got an M11 and want a smaller receiver like the little KO ones.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Southwell
02-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Yes, the crystals used have to match the transmitter.

rcqmen
02-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I've been using futaba 123F (yes airplane) on all of my transmitters ( ko & sanwa) for years now
just cut the excessive aerial down, never had a glitch....
use the crystals of transmitter make..

Oscar
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I have both a Sanwa Gemini 2 & a KO Vantage Esprit 2 and neither transmitter wants to talk to the other brand of receiver (and yes I have swapped the xtals over!:D)

Anyone have any idea why this could be or if it's the case that they just won't work together then what budget receiver would work with either or both transmitters? :confused:
I'd rather use the one transmitter for my cars and don't want the hassle of swapping one receiver between them.
I have the same 2 radios, and before converting the KO to spektrum, I used both combinations without problems :confused: As long as you use Ko Xtals (in both radio and receiver) with the Ko Tranny and Sanwa Xtals with the Sanwa tranny, I see no reason why it will not work for you.:)

Col
03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I've been using futaba 123F (yes airplane) on all of my transmitters ( ko & sanwa) for years now
just cut the excessive aerial down, never had a glitch....
use the crystals of transmitter make..

Isn't airplane 35mhz? No good for cars in the u.k...

Body Paint
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
PETE: Why not just flog the Sanwa and buy a spare KO297 receiver, you can get em second hand for £10-15, or less if your lucky. Being analogue and with so many people switching to spektrum there are a few laying dorment in peoples pitboxes.

I would imagine the Hi-tec receivers would work with both (although I've never been a hitec fan) also the Novak XXL receiver should work with both.

Like you say, most important thing is use 2 KO xtals when using KO tranny and 2 sanwa xtals when using sanwa tranny.

BelstenToo
05-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I managed to get them both working ok yesterday.

When I couldn't get them to work I was using Sanwa crystals in the KO transmitter & KO crystals in the Sanwa transmitter, I didn't think that it would make a difference but they seem to work fine now.:confused:

Will probably sort out which I'm going to keep and buy another receiver or two.