PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to break in brushed motor running truck?


damselfly
20-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm due my new brushed rtr Madrat tomorrow. Now, I know about the water break in method, but was wondering if it's possible to break in the motor just buy driving the car at a very slow speed?

Once the motor has burnt out, my intention is to rip out the esc and upgrade to an ezrun setup.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,

Damian

Battle_axe
23-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm due my new brushed rtr Madrat tomorrow. Now, I know about the water break in method, but was wondering if it's possible to break in the motor just buy driving the car at a very slow speed?

Once the motor has burnt out, my intention is to rip out the esc and upgrade to an ezrun setup.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,

Damian
i wouldnt really worry about it if i was you the best thing for the stock motor is a 25 pinion yeah it will get hot but it should be fine and then you should get some usable speed out of it :thumbsup:

damselfly
24-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Cheers Carl. I decided to just run the car at slow speed for 10 mins, then just get on with driving it normally. As I say; I'm just waiting for the motor to burn out and then going brushless.

All the best,

Damian