PDA

View Full Version : 1/10th Buggy, Shock Piston Quiery


DerbyDan
20-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Can I please ask what the order is in terms of damping between the different coloured Losi pistons for the regular 1/10th off road buggy shocks - I brought my CR2 second hand, it has black pistons in the rear & reds in the front (reds used to be the standard for the old Losi XX & early XXX If I remember correctly) but i'm unsure how they relate to each other.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Gnarly Old Dog
20-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Dan
Black = 57 size hole (smallest)
Red = 56 size hole
Orange = 55 size hole
Blue = 54 size hole
All sizes relate to a US / Imperial drill bit series - where a larger number equates to a smaller diameter hole.

I ran my CR2 with Red pistons all round - maybe changing to Orange in the backs for really bumpy tracks

Hope this helps

DerbyDan
20-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Brilliant - thats great, just the info I needed! Thank you :thumbsup:

Ferret
20-01-2011, 04:22 PM
There are white pistons which have smaller holes than the black.

hopsing
20-01-2011, 05:08 PM
......

hopsing
20-01-2011, 05:13 PM
There are white pistons which have smaller holes than the black.

White/tan/offwhite = #60 :thumbsup:

Alot of the Losi boys here in the US would actually at times use the #60 pistons and drill the holes out to whatever size they needed (ie 57, 56 etc.) The drilled hole in the piston is actually a little bigger than the moulded holes. So a moulded 56 hole is actually a touch smaller than the drilled 56 hole. And then use a combo of holes as well, like a 5,7,7 or 5,6,6 etc etc. to really fine tune the shock dampening.