View Full Version : Good base set-up for CR2 with XXX rear end?
DerbyDan
20-01-2011, 10:35 AM
As per the title really can any recommend a good starting set-up for the CR2, but fitted with the XXX rear conversion?
V-Rossi
20-01-2011, 10:41 AM
What kind of track? ArnO has posted some of my set-ups on Petit RC: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/atomiccarbon/SetupSheetsAtomicCarbonCR2.html
Pick a set-up from Wouter Wynen, Danny McGee or me and you'll have a good starting point. Wouter and me have used the XXX rear suspension the entire season (albeit with CR hubs most of the time).
DerbyDan
20-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks V-Rossi, I've raced a few times now at Moto Arena on the mixed indoor surface there (Carpet & Tarmac) - I left the set-up as I had brought it, which it appears would have been very similar to the top set-up from Danny Mcgee, however it just felt over damped. I've now dropped the oil weight to 30 all round (red pistons in the front & black rears) - but other than that, most of the settings seem to be there or there abouts the same as Wouter's Oople set-up for astro.
I think the main thing for me is practice, practice & more practice :D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.