PDA

View Full Version : *Great Swapathon* What's your swap?


Mrs oOple
22-01-2011, 11:18 PM
The great swapathon is a health campaign run by Change4Life, which aims to help people make healthy choices and become more active, eat healthier, and improve their overall health and wellbeing.

https://swapathon.co.uk/

I had to fill in a brief questionairre about my current health, diet, activity etc, and then the results come up with suggestions relevent to my lifestyle.

So my swap for this week is:
'Swap parking in the closest parking space for one that is further away'.

I can cope with that.

Has anyone else filled in the form, and what healthy swap are you making?

mattb
22-01-2011, 11:22 PM
yeah,they have told me to run a durango for a week so i have to keep going up and down the rostrum steps to bolt the wheels back on!!!

ashleyb4
23-01-2011, 01:44 AM
1. Mine are to use a tall thin glass when drinking alcoholic beverages.

2. Swap a full glass for a small glass of wine with a soda top

3. Swap fizzy drinks for sparkling water with a slice of lemon.

4. Swap two alcoholic drinks in a row for a spacer between each drink.

In response:

1. Im not going to walk in to my local and say to the bar man can i have my pint in a taller thinner glass..

2. I dont drink wine.

3. I very rarely drink fizzy drinks I normally drink a 2l bottle of water a day at work and about 6 pints of blackcurrent when i get home.

4. It asked me if i had a spacer between each drink and i said yes but it still reccomended this...

:confused:

It proberly just doesnt work for me...

Ash

Mrs oOple
27-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Interestingly it didn't make any suggested changes to my drinking habits :o Although my focus seemed to be around physical activity.
The suggestions are fairly generic, and have to be suitable for a whole variety of people. I clicked through quite a lot before finding something I could agree to. Some weren't appropriate because I need to use my car for work, so I just selected the option that I could reasonably adapt to.

They are only suggestions anyway, but food for thought at least.

Ash, do you feel thirsty all the time?

Mrs oOple
30-01-2011, 12:20 AM
My swap for this week is to wash the car by hand instead of taking it to the car wash. I hadn't accepted this swap initially... because I never wash my car! However it is pretty grubby now so will try to find the time. Who would have thought that is exercise eh.

Anyone else signed up?