View Full Version : Front wheels locking!
brooksy
27-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi guys, I've just received my fs2 today(Thanks to jens). Fitted all my gear in it and set it up but when I put full lock on the steering either way it locks up!.(the wheels won't spin)
I can't for the life of me figure out why it's doing it!.
I know it's got to be something simple but my mind has gone blank:eh?:
Can anybody tell me what it is please so I can get it sorted for Worksop on Sunday.
Many thanks Phill.
jimmy
27-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Don't have one so I can only guess - but is the steering hitting the gearbox input shaft? I think it gets close in there?
spenner
27-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Take pic of the front end of your car.. post on here.
Have you disconnected the driveshafts to see if the wheels spin freely when not connected to front diff??
Process of elimination, but as it's full lock something must be catching.
mattb
27-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I have noticed on my car if i dont keep the front cvd joints lubed on full lock the inside wheel will bind and it will make it turn in and out as you turn the drive train???
njc11
27-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Strange one that...
If your still struggleing come and find me or Rob Carlin at worksop on sunday.. im sure its just something and nothing!
Between us we'll sort it!
Cheers
Nick
:)
mattb
27-01-2011, 08:50 PM
hi nick,will you be wearing a name badge just incase i need to find you??
jimmy
27-01-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
brooksy
27-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply's everyone. I've had a close look at the front end and can't see anything binding at all.
When I put full lock on when radio is switched off and turn the diff it's as smooth as a babies bum!. I'm at work now but will have a good look at it tommorow.
I'll try everything you guys have suggested and report back.
Cheers, Phill.:thumbsup:
njc11
27-01-2011, 09:36 PM
THanks for that Jimmy!:lol:
Thought that pic was dead and buried lol!!:lol:
I'll get you back boss:D
Matt.. yes i'll be wearing my badge... i slightly better one that what you usually wear! :p you anorak! :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:
MikePimlott
27-01-2011, 10:20 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
:woot: didnt recognise you without your red hoody :woot:
Spencer Mulcahy
27-01-2011, 10:36 PM
That reminds me I must clean that rug lol.
carlin
27-01-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
LMFAO!!!:p
Jimmy you should taken the photo of his back most likely Nick have a Kyosho Tat on his back lol!!!
If you cant find us look out for the Pink Kyosho car running it will have a Pink Panther on it
jimmy
27-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry Nick! :thumbsup::p
mattb
28-01-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
Is all the extra weight to make you feel more planted on the rostrum? lol
njc11
28-01-2011, 10:42 AM
ha ha!! i'll plant you next time i see you! :p
4 times that pic appears now... enoughs enough i think! lol!
brooksy
28-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I've found out why the wheels were locking on full turn guys!
But.... I'm not telling you what it was to save myself the embarasment of the schoolboy error I made!!!:blush::blush::blush:
Thanks for the tips though!
col300
28-01-2011, 06:06 PM
ha ha!! i'll plant you next time i see you! :p
4 times that pic appears now... enoughs enough i think! lol!
Nah!
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
:lol:
MikePimlott
28-01-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
LMAO
mattb
28-01-2011, 07:03 PM
LMAOmike,col i cant believe you 2 just did that!!!
mattb
28-01-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpgshit my finger just slipped lol
carlin
28-01-2011, 07:06 PM
mike,col i cant believe you 2 just did that!!!
I can LMFAO :thumbsup::woot:
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
What did they do?
carlin
28-01-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
I'm not really sure what we was talking about feel abit confused :wub
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpg
Something about front wheels locking up at full lock. What was the answer in the end?
mattb
28-01-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day4/OOP_2717.jpgi think the answer is going to remain a secret!!
MikePimlott
28-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Cant fully remember BUT:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/mikepimlott/DSC_2407.jpg
Think it was along these lines :lol:
mattb
28-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Cant fully remember BUT:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/mikepimlott/DSC_2407.jpg
Think it was along these lines :lol:im with you now mate:lol:
carlin
28-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Cant fully remember BUT:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/mikepimlott/DSC_2407.jpg
Think it was along these lines :lol:
Yeah that will help the wheels turn better, stop locking up
mattb
28-01-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.spectropop.com/NickDeCaro/NDC%20header.jpghe even played instuments as a young boy:lol:
carlin
28-01-2011, 09:09 PM
He even shared the good times
njc11
29-01-2011, 12:29 AM
wtf!!:lol:
Right... Worksops is cancelled for me now ffs! lol!!
Ive been told to find the Wacaday video now... so you can laugh at me even more :D
Only 1 problem... its on a video tape so need to get from video to pc.. any ideas?
OMG what am i doing... lol!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.