PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Try A Long Wheelbase S2??


3171scott
28-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I turned the rear wish bones around so they sweep back like they do on the B4. I had to drill new holes for the rear shocks, no biggie. The hard part was making new axels…. I needed longer axels doo to the sweep. I cut old cvd’s in half and epoxy them inside carbon tubes. They worked great for about a race and a half and then the epoxy let go. The car was great!!!! Much more consistent and easier to drive. The axels keep failing, so I turned them back..

So brings me to my point…. Anyone know of any other axels that are about 1/8 longer than stock B4?

Cooper
28-01-2011, 04:11 PM
X6 ? (only longer at the hub; wheelaxle side)

3171scott
28-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry I used the wrong wording, I need longer drive shafts. The axels are fine. I was not able to get enough epoxy around the shaft. It was a tight fit in the carbon tube. I’m going to try to cut an X pattern in the shafts to try to get a better bond. Thanks for the reply.