PDA

View Full Version : Team Associated TC4 Prepainted Shells


Tempest501
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys,

I just took the plunge and bought a Touring Car to add to my R/C collection, due to the club where I race starting to do alternate between Buggys and Touring Cars.

Managed to get a deal on Ebay but it has no shell, dont fancy painting anything in winter so wondered if anyone knew what size shells fit and where I can get pre painted ones?

Thanks in advance

tony6187
01-02-2011, 03:08 PM
any 190mm bodyshell will fit.i know associated did a prepainted rtr shell not sure if they still do or how hard it would be to get.

sldmodels
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
There are a few people around that paint shells. The average price for a painted tc shell varies, but averages £35-£40. Have a look round for the styles you like unless you want something specific. I've personally had a couple of shells from Blakey Designs, and Trakpaint, but not sure if they still do them, but both we're really good designs. The only downside is the time taken, but it's not something that can be rushed if you want it done properly.

Tempest501
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I will google those ones you gave me tyvm for the info

Tempest501
02-02-2011, 10:24 PM
OK I have been seeing 190mm and 200mm shells, do these both fit an electric TC4 fine or do they need anything else to make em fit ok?

DCM
02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
190mm is the norm for a touring car, avoid the Ansmann pre-painted ones though, they split. I spray, and did have some shells in stock.

Tempest501
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
What sort of money are you looking for and what are they?