PDA

View Full Version : Losi wheels/dish on other 1/10


OneKiwi
01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Is there an adapter to get the losi wheels om other 1/10 buggies with a 12mm hex?

The ones I have now are the minus - symbol and the + symbol in the wheels

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/DSC00606.jpg

Or do I just need to shim the bearing so it doesn't bind?

If someone has a better idea for a solution please let me know

fastinfastout
01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
if you have a car with hex's like kyosho, sometimes you can remove the hex and put losi rims straight on. However it may affect the width as the offset would most likely be different.

I generally shim my axles so there is a little play. If you shim it too well, it may bind when you do up the wheel nut.

hope that makes sense!

FYI hexs are the go! I dont know why nearly every other company insist on using the pin setup. Its not really mechanically sufficient IMO

OneKiwi
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
My ca is an Xpro and I got given some losi wheels and tires that thought could be used.
Might just have to bake off the tires and reuse them on other rims

OneKiwi
07-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I solved it I just got a xxxcr instead :p

Gonna try it out see if I like it tips for a losi noob people