View Full Version : My life away from RC cars... Off Road
Dudders
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi All,
Thanks to Nick my Discovery 3 is shinning!, or rather was :cry:
For those that dont know, this is a sample of what we do on various weekends....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZjhJUlHT8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwW7xEZ8PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYH1EeZM5o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXiTujIgKB4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myRERQG9pSQ&feature=fvwrel
mikeyscott
03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Mate of mine used / still does this sort of thing too I think. Southampton based and used to do the Camel Trophy with a Freelander 2 etc. Slightly non standard etc :p
Julian at our club is also a Land Rover nut and does Land Rover events.
AndyF
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
How you dare off road a Disco 3 I don't know!
I have off roaded various landrovers and at the moment a 1995 Jeep Cherokee. The thought of 30K worth of motor scraping sideways down a gully doesn't bare thinking about!
Repairing a scratch on yours would cost more than mine is worth! I know if I sink mine in a lake and never see it again at least I'm only £600 down.
I would cry if I scratched such a nice motor.
Dudders
04-02-2011, 07:23 PM
You wont wanna see this then!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs033.snc6/166306_10150181622584762_717729761_8819069_5440249 _n.jpg
Bagman
04-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Who's that in the passenger seat?
Dudders
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
That's my son. We were only going at walking speed so didnt see the issue, boy my boys love off roading, especially when you stop up a mountain and they can just run around and play :D
mikeyscott
04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Did you get stuck?
Doing what it's suppose to! Know someone who'll take his Wife's car to the new forest as he doesn't want to get his RR Sport dirty FFS! Should have bought an Audi RS4/6 instead!
Dudders
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Sometimes :lol::lol: Try to most of the time!
petti7676
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
was that mud bath frozen as it looks like blocks of ice stickin up in front of you in that pic?
Dudders
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes, was on top of a Wales Mountian... about 2000ft and the ice was about 2 to 3" thick....
gaza121
09-02-2011, 09:49 AM
20350
20351
My Disco!!!!:p
gaza121
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Dudders suprised you go that deep without a snorkel, Brave Man!!!
Jonny69
28-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi, does anybody know where I can get some decent mud terrain tyres for my Disco 3 from?
I am on 18s and struggling, after calling all the usual tyre suppliers today.
I can find some BFG and Cooper muds for 17s, so does anyone want to trade with 18s for their 17s?
Cheers.
Jonathan
Dudders
28-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Depends where you are based. I can source most types for you through the trade.
Drop me a PM
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.