PDA

View Full Version : LOSI 22 SPRING RATES


stegger
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
TLR5166 REAR SHOCK SPRING 1.8 rate White
TLR5167 2.0 Yellow (KIT)
TLR5168 2.3 Pink
TLR5169 2.6 RED
TLR5170 2.9 Orange
TLR5171 3.4 Silver

TLR5172 FRONT SHOCK SPRING 2.5 rate RED (KIT)
TLR5173 2.9 Orange
TLR5174 3.2 Silver
TLR5175 3.5 Green
TLR5176 3.8 Blue
TLR5177 4.1 Black

stegger
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
What have the team been using so far ?

Gnarly Old Dog
07-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Steve,
The springs we had been running are prototypes and thus could be slightly different from the production ones once everything is received but with that disclaimer in mind, over here we've pretty much being running Greens on the front - either dropping to a sliver or upping to a blue depending on grip and Yellows on the rear - and maybe upping to a pink if required.

Just to add another disclaimer - none of the springs we received were coded with any colour reference - but using the colour grading as a rising scale, I reckon the above info is where we're currently at.

Like I say though - it will be interesting to see if the production springs are any different from what we were sent.

Cheers
HTH

stegger
07-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I got the info off the TLR website, i'll probably get the full set anyway :woot: and have a play :thumbsup:
I was going to use the SV setups for springs and oils as a base line.

stegger
04-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Andy, do you know anymore info on the spring rates compared to the protype one's you and the team were using ? :)

sparrow.2
04-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank god they kept the colours in the same order! It would have done my head in if they had changed it :lol:

Gnarly Old Dog
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Andy, do you know anymore info on the spring rates compared to the protype one's you and the team were using ? :)

Sorry Steve no I don't
Because our springs didn't come with any coding that would cross-reference to the rates as published, I can only guess.

AFAIK, I don't think they will have varied massively but I can't say for certain. I would be looking to start on yellow rears and green fronts - maybe going up to a pink rear and a blue front as the grip comes up.

I think most people will be getting a few different ones to try and TBH, it's not until the car gets out in numbers that the set ups will start to evolve. We have a good initial base set up but I think we can go much faster as the year progresses and we all learn from each other.

stegger
04-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Cheers, and thanks for your help fella:thumbsup: