View Full Version : Soooo what chance of a new Losi 4wd?
Steve.T
05-02-2011, 11:46 PM
As the title says......
JohnM
06-02-2011, 12:50 AM
I'd say it's a pretty high chance there will be one, my wife hopes not though:lol:
ApexSpeed
06-02-2011, 01:02 AM
I would say 100%, considering DynoDan, Frank Root and the boys have been testing one in private for a while and have admitted as such on a couple of different forums.
:wub
ian h
06-02-2011, 08:32 AM
The 22 has 4 wd parts at the front like castor blocks etc.
I heard from a reliable source that TLR will have a completely metric electric off-road line-up in the course of approximately one year. :thumbsup:
I'm especially looking forward to a 22-based short course truck!
/tobys
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
It's not an IF but a WHEN....
:thumbsup:
Huckster522
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Hopefully new 4wd will be out before the worlds later this year:thumbsup::thumbsup:
seems others (schuey) have already released theirs.
Legacy555
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
The 22 has 4 wd parts at the front like castor blocks etc.
I'll be putting the 22 front wishbones and hubs on my XX4 - they look alot stronger than the standard ones. And come to think of it, I'll be putting the rear 22 wishbones on the XX4 too, so I only have to keep one type in the spares box...... and I'll probably put the 12mm socks on the XX4 too...
See where this is going :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The stadium truck seems to be next. I was browsing an online store yesterday, and using the search, I stumbled across TLR0023... :D
I really hope the 4wd will look similar to an aluminum version of the CAT SX3/XX4.
lynx75
11-02-2011, 10:35 AM
We will wait for a brand new Losi 4WD off road car (1/10) :D, cross fingers.
In the meanwhile, my 'old' XX4 world edition is still running on the Italian off road tracks. It's stay in shape actually.
I hope Losi will design another fantastic 4WD.
:thumbsup:
I'm sure they will!
But guys, do you reckon it will be a belt or shaft driven 4WD from TLR?
Reevsey
19-02-2011, 10:23 PM
New 4wd.... I wish but the guys in the states are more than competative with the XXX4 so i can't see a new 4wd coming any time soon
91notch5.0
20-02-2011, 05:47 AM
1/8th scale electric has all but killed 10th scale 4wd here :(.....my track is rough and hard packed indoor dirt. theres one xxx4, one hot bodies, one b44 and three xx4's. i doubt i'll replace my xx4 ever, it is dialed.
It really puzzles me how TLR are able to keep the lid on about a new car. After all, these are Wikileaks times... :)
If they release another ground breaking car like the 22... I think a lot of racers will jump ship to TLR for both classes! But it wouldn't be ready for the 2011 season I'm guessing. And it's probably wise to make sure the 22 gets a good start first.
If it comes, will it be named "44"? Maybe not, since there's already the B44? Any good guesses? ...
XXXX4 would be over the top
Since the new 2WD is called 22, it seems like the X-naming is history
Any squared annotations would be too much X-Factory
4our?
444?
4?
4x4?
Just can't wait!!! :(
Legacy555
21-02-2011, 02:25 PM
It really puzzles me how TLR are able to keep the lid on about a new car. After all, these are Wikileaks times... :)
If they release another ground breaking car like the 22... I think a lot of racers will jump ship to TLR for both classes! But it wouldn't be ready for the 2011 season I'm guessing. And it's probably wise to make sure the 22 gets a good start first.
If it comes, will it be named "44"? Maybe not, since there's already the B44? Any good guesses? ...
XXXX4 would be over the top
Since the new 2WD is called 22, it seems like the X-naming is history
Any squared annotations would be too much X-Factory
4ourth?
444?
Just can't wait!!! :(
We know that Jukka Stenari is designing for Losi, we know the world's are in Finland this year on a track he has won on...... I wouldn't be surprised to see the new 4wd at the worlds
rcjunky
21-02-2011, 04:02 PM
since the 22 is for 2 layout, 2 wheel drive, the 4wd might b called the 14 or 24, kinda lame, but just as lame as 22. A cop pulls you over, you get off topic then you ask your passager to pass the 22, you get tazered, no fun, something a little cooler would be nice
Razer
21-02-2011, 10:07 PM
There's a name I've thought about several times, and it's the only option that doesn't sound to similar to the others, and I think it's catchy and brilliant. Of course.
Ten-4.
Welshy40
22-02-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm sure they will!
But guys, do you reckon it will be a belt or shaft driven 4WD from TLR?
Ive been told its a belt, but couldnt get a definite on if its a one, two or three belt system. Hope that helps.
There's a name I've thought about several times, and it's the only option that doesn't sound to similar to the others, and I think it's catchy and brilliant. Of course.
Ten-4.
LOL! Good one! or "10-4"?
Ive been told its a belt, but couldnt get a definite on if its a one, two or three belt system. Hope that helps.
I also have a feeling it will be belt drive, it's in their DNA. And very unlikely 1 belt, so 2 or 3. My guess is something very similar to the CAT SX3. That's a very very good layout in my opinion.
Thx for the info!
lynx75
23-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I believe if a new Losi 4wd car will be out, its name will be Losi 24 or something like that :-)
I hope TLR team will design a new 1/10 4WD off road car.
Twister
24-02-2011, 12:32 AM
My prediction is durango-ish chassis. Seems like losi and durango think alike when it comes to 2wd chas. so a losi/durango with shaft is my guess.:confused:
i hope they wonīt build a shaft driven car, i like belt driven cars!!
Agree! It's so smoooooth & quiet! :thumbsup:
The Durango is terrible in that respect, sounds like a worn out 1:1 gearbox! :thumbdown::D
I'm pretty sure it'll have a LOT of XX4 DNA!
JohnM
24-02-2011, 03:46 PM
The Durango is terrible in that respect, sounds like a worn out 1:1 gearbox! :thumbdown::D
Mine doesn't sound bad at all:bored:
mikeyscott
24-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Mine doesn't sound bad at all:bored:
Mine neither, plenty of gear grease and it's all good. Using the Vampire Racing and Hudy stuff at the mo.
Also my RW Spur gear is much quieter
JohnM
24-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Also my RW Spur gear is much quieter
Agreed, got one in mine, much better.
mikeyscott
24-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Agreed, got one in mine, much better.
Got the other sizes off Neil too, but haven't tried them yet.
Guys, anyone heard any more rumours?
The Worlds is in a couple of weeks, I'm thinking if there's no new Losi 4WD proto there... we won't see one hit the shelves in 2012 either... :cry:
Drove my XX-4 the other day, the car is still so damn good! Just needs some wider belts/pinions plus some modernized solutions as to belt covers, hinge pins etc. But the basic construction is still gold! :thumbsup:
so you mean a beefier drivetrain and some smaller updates.
But i think it would be nice for those who donīt have any losi 4wd to have a new construct or a rerelease!!
like me hehe
lynx75
05-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I will say new Losi 4WD around the middle of 2012. In the meanwhile my Losi XX4 is still in shape. Amazing car.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's amazing! Still more advanced than current cars! Who else sport a dual slipper clutch (front & rear independent) and adjustable clicker... :thumbsup:
The brain behind this one must have been H.U.G.E.!!! :D
t8rtot
05-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Guys, anyone heard any more rumours?
The Worlds is in a couple of weeks, I'm thinking if there's no new Losi 4WD proto there... we won't see one hit the shelves in 2012 either... :cry:
no one even knew the 22 was coming until it was about to release. trust me, it'll just hit the shelves just like the 22, out of no where, very tamiya like.
everyone wrote losi off (me included), so don't go begging now.
AfroP
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
a losi 4wd would be ace
good name would be the 4X :-)
But I'd imagine some like TLR 4 or something like that
ashleyb4
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I to drove the xx4 for the first time in a while the other day and i loved it as much as the day i got it.
TLR 44 or is that to close to B44?????
Ash
styleone
05-07-2011, 11:41 PM
As a massive fan of the xx4 I'd say let's see a new version with the classic xx4 planted and visceral drive with modern refinements like big bores and ali chassis?....love the xx4 also and having owned 2wd and 4wd losi buggies I'd say that a new 4wd will be done...but judging by how low key they kept the 22 pre release we may not fully know until its almost out...I did notice stores selling off the xxx4 cheap recently! Oh...yeah that's cuz its not a xx4 lol ;)
You guys might be right that it'll be another bomb dropped by TLR in 2012... as they managed to keep the lid on the 22!
So it probably won't even be showed at the Worlds then...
Twister
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
You guys might be right that it'll be another bomb dropped by TLR in 2012... as they managed to keep the lid on the 22!
So it probably won't even be showed at the Worlds then...
no probably not, but who knows . the want to check out the durango v3 first :lol:
stegger
21-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Anybody spotted anything in any reports yet ?????:)
Twister
23-07-2011, 06:58 PM
is the xxx4 still in production? and what if Dustin evans wins the worlds? then we might be stuck with xxx-4 until year 2020?:woot:
styleone
23-07-2011, 07:21 PM
The xxx 4 is def suited to those sweeping dirt/clay tracks, but as many have found out, its difficult to get just right on British astro and grass, the X5 was a much better refinement of the already amazing xx4, either way Losi will need to not follow the same path as the 22 by 'thinking' they have designed a car that is ready for British tracks, and actually create a new 4wd that is. If they do make a new model let's hope its as good as the xx4...takes my breath everytime I drive mine :)
Twister
23-07-2011, 07:55 PM
The xxx 4 is def suited to those sweeping dirt/clay tracks, but as many have found out, its difficult to get just right on British astro and grass, the X5 was a much better refinement of the already amazing xx4, either way Losi will need to not follow the same path as the 22 by 'thinking' they have designed a car that is ready for British tracks, and actually create a new 4wd that is. If they do make a new model let's hope its as good as the xx4...takes my breath everytime I drive mine :)
your praise for the xx-4 is very impressive to me. and you are not alone , a lot of people think that this is still a great car. i got to get one myself. I do hope the new tlr car is beltdriven and share dna with 22. cheers
Dazzler
23-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Anybody spotted anything in any reports yet ?????:)
There's this car in the Worlds report for 4wd qualifying.. Is it new?
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worlds2011/day6/OOP_4202.jpg
styleone
23-07-2011, 08:32 PM
There's this car in the Worlds report for 4wd qualifying.. Is it new?
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worlds2011/day6/OOP_4202.jpg
Dustins xxx4 I think Daz? with proto shell?, it does catch the imagination as its in his livery of 22 release shots fame
Dazzler
23-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Looks like 22 big bores too... Not wishing the guy to crash or anything, but would help out if Jimmy was on hand with his camera! :woot:
In all honesty, If it was new, you'd think Jimmy would have pointed his camera in it's direction in the pits by now! :woot:
Rocking Donkey
23-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Looks like 22 big bores too... Not wishing the guy to crash or anything, but would help out if Jimmy was on hand with his camera! :woot:
In all honesty, If it was new, you'd think Jimmy would have pointed his camera in it's direction in the pits by now! :woot:
This car is in the worlds report with full body off shots, on the 4wd registration day. It's a xxx4 with a few upgrades including alloy shock towers
Ben
i wouldnīt mind if theyīd re re release the xxx4 cause i think itīs a nice car and as you can see itīs still working very nice!
MOGGIE XL
28-07-2011, 03:45 PM
The XXX4 doesn't need to be re-released it was never discontinued.I race
one most weeks and it goes really well.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.