PDA

View Full Version : Losi Triple X indoor carpet setup help


adz2383
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi folks,

does anyone have a decent indoor carpet setup for the original Losi triple x?

I am suffering from major under-steer through the corners at the moment.

I plan to use schumacher yellow mini pin's if that helps. Or maybe you suggest otherwise?

Cheers

Adz

Tom3012
06-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Whats your current set up?

adz2383
06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
pretty much the setup here:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/setuptriplex/epelh_jst.pdf

I run Lipo's if that makes a difference?

Cheers

Adam

Dr_UpGrade
06-02-2011, 07:16 PM
you could try more weight in the front if you can fit it in the bulkhead fishing 'lead' putty is pretty good (if a tad expensive) for moulding to fit. Also do a search for Razor on here... He has some really nice rear end mods too that help.. You've already got the 'correct' rear arms etc that the XXX-Cr's are retro-fitting..

Hope that helps... (a bit), where are you running?

Dr_UpGrade
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
this thread should help a bit...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55304&page=2

liam
06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
What kind of servo do you have? I got my first fast servo this year and it made a massive amount of difference.

And neew tyres all round worked great for me the othe night, too much steering almost!

Front shocks, 32.5w, blue spring, ride hight level, 3 hole in top tower, middle hole wishbone.

Rear shocks, 25w, pink spring, driveshafts just below horizontal, 3 hole in top tower, middle hole wishbone.

Also I have alloy front and rear pivot blocks, aprox 110g in battery tray and 20g around the servo.

Its not perfected yet, but without a doubt the new tyres gave the car LOADS of steering :)

Good luck mate

adz2383
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Cheers mate- I'll give it a try.

I'm running indoors at cardiff. It's 95% carpet with some bare wood jumps in places

adz2383
06-02-2011, 10:18 PM
hi mate,

I'm running a ko propo pds 2143fet digital servo. I don't think its the issue but might try an alternative.

I'll give your setup a run out too

Cheers

Adz

liam
06-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I think its only mini spikes at Cardiff?

If so you may want to run softer oil...not sure tbh as im not that used to the car myself

It may be the case that having new spikes on the front, and part worn on the rear could give you more over all steering. Stagger ribs could be worth a try to as would wide front wheels with the mini pins

If you PM me your email addy ill send you a mail with all the Mods the Losi guys run. Its worth doing

liam
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Also check the servo saver is not running loose as this will cause the car to understeer like mad.

To check this, hold the front wheels whilst turning the Ch1 stick. If the saver is too loose the wheels wont turn at all. If so, just tighen the saver nut up

Could be worth a try

Legacy555
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I know it's not the answer that you are looking for, but the best thing I ever did to my XXX to add the Atomic Carbon CR2 kit. The XXX just isn't competitive these days on carpet.

adz2383
08-02-2011, 10:27 PM
It's funny you should say that- it had crossed my mind. I'll check it out and see what happens.

Cheers