View Full Version : Kinwald & XFactory?
/tobys
10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Is Kinwald still with XFactory?
His profile is no longer listed on the XFactory UK website (under International drivers)...
jimmyfish
10-02-2011, 08:07 AM
I Herd a rumour that he has full signed for Durango, apparantly his decision was based on the fact of the new 2wd being so amazing! and the dex 410 being streets ahead of what xfactory could ever offer.
But am sure someone can answer..............
/tobys
10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
If it's true, then it's a big signing for Durango and a massive blow for XFactory IMO...:cry:
fastinfastout
10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
mid mount cars dont work as well on US style tracks, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why he left. I mean BK did well with the x6, however he didnt set the world on fire.
mikeyscott
10-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Still listed on the US site, let's not jump to any early conclusions..
Back in my teen years Kinwald and Magic Johnson (is he still racing) where the gods. UK wise it was Craig, Ellis, Moore.
I hope Kinwald is getting better again and enjoying life in Tucson (would love to go to Toucson - need a holiday!)
Being the year of the world champs the manufacters and drivers will be going into over drive mode.
Hence new Losi 22, Schumacher SX3 and I've heard a Losi 4WD (Well just my opinion..)
M
MiCk B.
10-02-2011, 10:01 AM
.....................
Back in my teen years Kinwald and Magic Johnson (is he still racing)
................................
M
Joel is working for/with/owns AKA tyres.
http://www.raceaka.com/About-Us_ep_7.html
MiCk B. :-)
MattADH
10-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Joel is working for/with/owns AKA tyres.
http://www.raceaka.com/About-Us_ep_7.html
MiCk B. :-)
Joel was at the Toy Fair last week for AKA.
cmgreen
10-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Am sure Darren from Dms will update us on Kinwalds Position
mikeyscott
10-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Am sure Darren from Dms will update us on Kinwalds Position
Indeed not today though as they're closed.
Hope the x-factory and DMS crew are ok.
cmgreen
10-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Hope the x-factory and DMS crew are ok.
Here here!
The_doctor
10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
mid mount cars dont work as well on US style tracks, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why he left. I mean BK did well with the x6, however he didnt set the world on fire.
what a load of rubbish the X6 works well on their tracks here in Australia our tracks r very much the same and we have no problems winning ......the cars don't seem to win a lot at the big racers is because they dont have big name drivers driving the cars!!!!!!and Chazz and Paul don't throw big money at drivers to drive them!!!!(which they shouldn't have to.) im shore if other top us factory drivers drove it you would find them at the top of all the big racers!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
YoungChazz
11-02-2011, 03:22 AM
D.M.S. was closed Thurs. due to the funeral of Darren's father.
We offer our sincere condolence.
We have listened to many wonderful stories about Darren's dad and only wish we could have met him.
JohnM
11-02-2011, 07:12 AM
the cars don't seem to win a lot at the big racers is because they dont have big name drivers driving the cars!!!!!!
Isn't Kinwald a big name driver then? 2 times World Champ seems quite good to me;)
mikeyscott
11-02-2011, 08:12 AM
D.M.S. was closed Thurs. due to the funeral of Darren's father.
We offer our sincere condolence.
We have listened to many wonderful stories about Darren's dad and only wish we could have met him.
Sorry to hear this.
My thoughts are with Darren and his family.
/tobys
11-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Darren. Best wishes to you and your family.
Toby.
So sorry for you loss Darren! You have my deepest sympathy.
what a load of rubbish the X6 works well on their tracks here in Australia our tracks r very much the same and we have no problems winning ......the cars don't seem to win a lot at the big racers is because they dont have big name drivers driving the cars!!!!!!and Chazz and Paul don't throw big money at drivers to drive them!!!!(which they shouldn't have to.) im shore if other top us factory drivers drove it you would find them at the top of all the big racers!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Agreed, I think most of the motivation behind creating the X-6 was making an awesome car for high grip bluegroove US tracks :D
I took a chance and bought a car to try on our low/med grip tracks. And it was awesome even there! The very best are best with any car, but us amateurs normally drive faster on average with a mid-motor car.
Darren Boyle
11-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, yesterday was a very tough day for us all here.....
Today is a new day and we all begin to rebuild.....
As for Brian, only the Chazz and Paul could answer this. With regards to his "profile" missing from our UK site, that was simply to do with several old images being cleaned up on the server to make room for new things we have coming etc. The "international drivers" section was somthing I never have really expanddon (as the global X-Factory team expands quicker than I can keep up with) so I feel that is best left to the main US X-Factory site, I have left Paul only on there since I have to keep one face there to keep the section "alive", if all names get removed the section automatically falls away with it too, but you will see there is no biog or anyhting like all of the UK drivers......
mikeyscott
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, yesterday was a very tough day for us all here.....
Today is a new day and we all begin to rebuild.....
Sorry I can't relate to it, but I wish you all well.
Mike
Darren Boyle
11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Isn't Kinwald a big name driver then? 2 times World Champ seems quite good to me;)
Quite true, but then 1993 and 1997 were a long time ago now ;).
Phil Greeno too was World Champion (back in 1977) but I would not look to sponsor him now.... ;)
/tobys
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I remember seeing Kinwald win 2wd in '93 at Basildon. My Dad took me and Chris (Doughty) to watch finals day and George Land kindly "arranged" for us to watch from within the drivers compound!
Awesome drive over the 3 legs...he was 8th on the grid I think...
Darren Boyle
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Yep, I remember that too, he was awesome that day, I just wish we could wind back the years and have that "brutal speed" and raw talent of his younger days from him now, but I guess we all age and with it slow down that little bit (I know I DEFINATELY have slowed with age :cry:).....
RudeTony
11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm older and faster Darren - just not as accurate LOL.
Good to have you back - hope all is well :)
I saw that as well......
Darren Boyle
11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm older and faster Darren - just not as accurate LOL.
Good to have you back - hope all is well :)
I saw that as well......
Oh I see, my cars are faster no doubt, but totally agree about accuracy, if I tried to hit you now on the track I would miss :p
Thanks for the words mate and the text the other day - appreciated.
brettness37
03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011/03/02/x-factory-releases-brian-kinwald/
There is the answer :cry:
cmgreen
03-03-2011, 08:29 AM
One word "Durango"
SpeedyDad
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
If you guys want to see the real story behind why Brian is no longer racing for XFactory, read this great article:
http://www.liverc.com/news/special_features/124-The_entire_story%3A_Kinwald_and_XFactory/
mark christopher
10-03-2011, 06:17 PM
One word "Durango"
Epic fail mr green
http://www.teamassociated.com/news/announcements/512-Team_Associated_Reunites_With_Brian_Kinwald
cmgreen
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Very True Mark, thanks for pointing that out!
caneye
29-03-2011, 11:19 PM
was looking at pics of BK's car from 2010.
does anyone know who makes the steering arm/rack (machined & in blue) in the pic below?
did BK custom-make it himself?
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Galleries/2010CactusDirt/2010BKCactus06thumb.jpg
ian h
29-03-2011, 11:33 PM
was looking at pics of BK's car from 2010.
does anyone know who makes the steering arm/rack (machined & in blue) in the pic below?
did BK custom-make it himself?
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Galleries/2010CactusDirt/2010BKCactus06thumb.jpg
Looks like the gpm one to me. Readily available on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.ie/GPM-ALLOY-STEERING-ASSEMBLY-AB4048-S-fits-ASSOCIATED-B4-/120697665315?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c1a243723
Also in blue
caneye
30-03-2011, 12:13 AM
thanks dude! :thumbsup:
i had KFactory in mind but was obviously wrong ..
ian h
30-03-2011, 10:09 AM
If you get one, stick with the kit Ackerman plate as Brian has in his pic. The brass bushings supplied with the gpm kit aren't great.
/tobys
30-03-2011, 10:13 AM
If you get one, stick with the kit Ackerman plate as Brian has in his pic. The brass bushings supplied with the gpm kit aren't great.
+1
Just use the alloy bellcranks.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.