View Full Version : RB5 shocktower?
Rebelrc
15-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello
Can anyone tell me if the RB5sp2 has the same front tower as the RB5
Many thanks:)
gps3300
15-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes, front tower is the same.
njc11
15-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Theres a new tower out now.. UM525..
It does away with the outer hole and adds another inner hole.. and as you can see its not as chunky so it will give better clearance for the big bores..
Gave my RB5SP2 a blast on Sunday with the BB's... car was awesome..
:thumbsup:
http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/um525.jpg
Rebelrc
15-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Is this not the kit one on the sp2
Basically I want to put an atomic carbon one on my sp2
Many thanks
gps3300
15-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I've got an Atomic Carbon tower on my MCS which is a converted SP2. The SP2 kit front shock tower is identical to the original RB5...
Rebelrc
15-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Many thanks:)
njc11
16-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Just checked this new tower out...
Its taller by approx 2mm... and the holes are postioned inbetween the kit holes so all holes are say 3mm further in accross all holes than th kit towes UM511 / UMW500.. Clearance for the big bores is spot on..
I would say you would need to run with the new 97038 longer shock ends wound out.
With the tower on the wishbones are level with the car of the ground.. so lacking droop.. longer shock ends will help..
:thumbsup:
RogerM
18-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I am 95% certain that the new tower was intended for use with the longer (46mm Vs 42mm) shafts. That being the case it will give simialr droop with normal shock ends screwed in to the old tower+42mm shafts with the shock ends hanging on by a thread or two! It will also give a bit more up travel too.
Spot on in my opinion and I can't wait to get hold of one to try as I've never used the outside shock holes in on the front of an RB5 since 2007.
Will try to post up the number for the longer shafts but as I got that info from Nick I bet he beats me too it by a couple of weeks :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.