PDA

View Full Version : 84/24 too much


OneKiwi
20-02-2011, 04:32 PM
I have a LRP vector x11 and a LRP SPHERE Competition TC-Spec

I tried a new gearing 84/24 which I liked the punch with but the motor got quite hot to the touch

So I went back to 84/22 for a cooler run.

Can this handel 84/24 or can you recommend something else other than 84/22

I have a losi Xcelorin S 6.5T combo on the way if I don't get ripped off (fingers crossed) would this be better suited to the 84/24 gearing

At the mo the tracks indoors tight carpet

ian h
20-02-2011, 05:01 PM
What turn rating is the X11 and what car?

OneKiwi
20-02-2011, 05:11 PM
sorry its a 7.5T and the xxx-cr

ashleyb4
20-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Personallly Ive never run a X11 so cant speak from experiance but according to LRP an X11 for 2wd off road should be geared at 9.4:1 which is a 84/22.

Personally Ive always run a 78 tooth spur on my cr so to get correct ratio it should be a 78/20.

These should give you a good ball park figure to start with. But a good way to check if the gearing is suitable for a track is to test it down the straight and you should hit flat out at 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down. If it gets to top speed to quickly go up a tooth and try again if it doesnt get to top speed drop it down a tooth.

Ash

OneKiwi
20-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys.

Why do you run a 78 and not something else?

I have a 82 and a 78 in the tool kit but no 20 pinion I have a 19 and a 22.

Closest I can get to yours is a 78/19 but Ill

I liked the extra punch I got with 84/24

liam
20-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Heres a good website

http://www.comeseethis.com/gearing/Default.aspx

I was running a 8.5 in my xxx 23/78 as recommended by team losi which gives a FDR of 8.27.

For a 7.5T id go for a fdr of about 9.2 = 22/84 (arpox)

The other advice you have been given is good also, but id say the 6.5t should be more like 20/84

Good luck

ian h
20-02-2011, 08:54 PM
By changing spur size you also alter motor position front to back. On your xxx-cr you are moving the motor forward and so putting the weight balance further forward over the drive shafts.

OneKiwi
21-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I found a 21 in the tool box today. I just got a 24 and a 26 so I asked if I can send them back and get replacements Ill do that 2morrow