View Full Version : Vega-Elite 201 at Stotfold Winter Series
Smartalec
20-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks to Lewis for bringing along the first ever Vega-Elite 201 for me to run at the Stotfold Winter Series today.
After installing the electrics and setting up the transmitter I had around 3 minutes of practice left to put the car down on the track and make sure all was well. Happily the car ran straight and bearing in mind that the shocks and all parts 201 came straight off a donor car that I had not run and so I had no idea what oils/pistons etc were on the car I was very happy with the initial few laps.
Between the quick practice and the first round of qualifying I changed the oil in the rear of the car to 20wt Losi with the number 4 piston and put on the 1 degree alloy rear hubs, this gave the car 4 degrees total toe in at the rear. Also changing the front shocks to the outer hole on the wishbone.
My first round started and I was making steady progress until lap 4 when the car stopped with no drive. Quick inspection and the cause was a rear pin coming out of the driveshaft where the wheel locates (201 part). Sorting this out and then changing the rear camber link to the outside on the tower and outside on the hub and ready for round 2.
Round two and i'm away last, making steady progress again and i'm up to 5th when the car loses drive on the same wheel. The same pin being the cause and on inspection I find the wheel nuts on the 201 donor car to be faulty. This now fixed with serrated nuts and a 36 gram brass weight under the speedo/receiver and i'm ready for round 3.
Round 3 starts and with the car handling much better and again starting from last place I make steady progress and finish 4th in round (more like it).
20 grams more weight added to the front and i'm away for round 4. Going off 5th should be a much better position but a very slow car holding me up for the first 4 laps until I can get clear. This clearly costs me a lot of time and with the times being close this puts me 7th in round.
Taking the 20 grams back out and cutting the rear wing a little lower and i'm away 9th on the grid in the A main. Starting the final i'm up straight into 6th after the first corner and very quickly into 4th. A couple more laps and up to second and clear of the chasing pack. An error on the "fingers" section of the track and i'm marshalled quickly but the chasing pack are right behind. A gentle tap from the (nameless) car behind and in the slippy conditions i'm up on the hose and stuck firm, this drops me down to 5th . A couple more laps and i'm back up to 3rd but too far behind to catch Tony Evdoka who inherited second (this is why they call him "Lucky Tony" ;):wub). Being chased hard all the way by Matt I managed to hang on to 3rd at the end.
I am extremely pleased with 3rd overall considering I hadn't seen the car before this morning and with only a very limited amount of running on the very tricky Stotfold track.
I will be running the car again at the Moto Arena on Tuesday for some final testing before the Off-Road Wars at Maritime next Saturday. Thanks again to Lewis for the drive for 2011 and also to Kev Lee of Insideline Racing for some very valuable and much appreciated set up tips.
This car is truly awesome and anyone considering converting their 201's should seriously consider one of these very well engineered pieces of kit.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
InsideLineModels
20-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Great result mate! considering it was the first time out the car looked really good by the end of the day and the result proves it.
It's another masterpiece from Vega!
RudeTony
21-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Yep - it certainly went well Alec.
You must be so happy to be third behind me!! LOL
My car was the nuts.....
Tjompa
21-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Pics would be awesome on the chassi.
MHeadling
21-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Great result for a first time out with the car :thumbsup:
Well done Vega, seems like its going to be another hit conversion! :)
Smartalec
21-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Pics would be awesome on the chassi.
I'm sure Lewis will post some pictures soon of the final product :thumbsup:
Smartalec
24-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Now Lewis has officially launched the Vega-Elite 201x here's a couple of pictures of mine that I used last week at Stotfold :thumbsup:
Ouch! That shell... :cry::wtf: It looks like a cobra that has just swallowed a rabbit...
Nice paint job though!
Topless pics please! :thumbsup:
JustARcFan
24-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm sure the car is very good but that shell is ...:yawn:
Ouch! That shell... :cry::wtf:
Nice paint job though!
Topless pics please! :thumbsup:
Rebelrc
24-02-2011, 09:47 AM
On the oople News page:)
Northy
24-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal ;)
Looks nice though.
G
KevLee
24-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal ;)
Looks nice though.
G
How come?
Rebelrc
24-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Only reason I can think is cause of the spinning smooth nut on the slipper
But if that's not allowed all the xx4s results should be revoked lol:woot:
InsideLineModels
24-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Only reason I can think is cause of the spinning smooth nut on the slipper
But if that's not allowed all the xx4s results should be revoked lol:woot:
Thats all i could think of aswell....
Rebelrc
24-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Working on a gromit ;)
Cheers northy!
KevLee
24-02-2011, 07:49 PM
There's no need for a grommet, it's not illegal for that reason. I'm curious to know what the reason is though.
Smartalec
24-02-2011, 07:58 PM
This one is a "marmite" shell, you either love it or you hate it but that's nothing new, every car shell has it's lovers or haters, the good thing about this one is it has a fantastic piece of engineering underneath :thumbsup:
As for it being not BRCA legal, please enlighten us all Graham
chris68nufc
25-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Do the windows need to be a certain dimension? I asked Blitz if he could smoke the windows out and he said that its not BRCA Legal?? Maybe that??
InsideLineModels
25-02-2011, 07:05 PM
There's nothing illegal about the shell, I think there is a rule about tinted/painted windows though so that's what Graham Blitz would have told you.
I have a feeling that Northy was referring to the slipper shaft but that is definitely not in the rule book so there's nothing to worry about there!
mattybucks
25-02-2011, 08:36 PM
There's nothing illegal about the shell, I think there is a rule about tinted/painted windows though so that's what Graham Blitz would have told you.
I have a feeling that Northy was referring to the slipper shaft but that is definitely not in the rule book so there's nothing to worry about there!
If it was illegal, then say bye bye to the xx4 which as we all know has the same issue.
I don't know what all the fuss is about, and who cares what the shell looks like it's what's underneath that counts!!
Tjompa
27-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I do actually care how the shells looks like and this shell was not nice i think. It seems like i need to do my own shell for this chassi so i can enter a race without being laughed at because i always disses the bulldogbodies and this is far more ugly, a nice body will help sell kits....
mattybucks
27-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I do actually care how the shells looks like and this shell was not nice i think. It seems like i need to do my own shell for this chassi so i can enter a race without being laughed at because i always disses the bulldogbodies and this is far more ugly, a nice body will help sell kits....
Would everyone still be laughing if you beat them all by a mile?
DaSloth
27-02-2011, 07:43 PM
its not *that* bad. i dont like the light bits at the front, but other than that its all good!
Body Paint
27-02-2011, 08:33 PM
OMG that actually makes the X-6 look atractive, good work Vega.
What's under the shell looks amazing, credit where it is due.
My advice would be to get on the blower to Phat Bodies and ask him to make you a shell that doesn't look like a frog in a sock :D
Rebelrc
01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I really like my vega shell
the lumps in the front accomodate massive speedos with fan, with weight under them for a low cg+ the holes can be reamed out for cooling
it covers the car well
creates even downforce at the rear as well as covering the spur
and is 1mm thick for crashers like me
Looked at making it more conventional but there really isnt many more options that suits all the important areas
but i do understand its different!
RudeTony
02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal ;)
Looks nice though.
G
I am puzzled why you would make the above comment Graham, and then not reply to everyones questions!
Why do YOU think the shell is not BRCA legal?
Surely not because Alec didn't trim the front nose off??!!
I personally I think as a BRCA official that you are, you should at least give your views on your comments
Gnarly Old Dog
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah - c'mon Graham.
I've wracked my brains and even read the rules on the BRCA website but still not any clearer.
Are you querying the fact that it may not be commercially available (section 22.4) or that it isn't a reasonable representation of full size cars generally accepted as being suitable for Rallycross, Rallying, Trail and Desert races (22.1)
Or is it that you don't like Alec's paint job - in which case rule 22.8 could be invoked :lol:
I did wonder about the tinted windows - but I don't think that is a requirement within BRCA - but maybe for EFRA?
Or is it, as Tony suggests, the fact that Alec has not cut his body short enough at the front so technically, you consider the body to be the most forward protruding part of the car and is thus the bumper, in which case rule 23.2 may be contentious since it does not have rounded edges and corners?
I don't mind a puzzle but shed some more light please...
Northy
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
I am puzzled why you would make the above comment Graham, and then not reply to everyones questions!
Why do YOU think the shell is not BRCA legal?
Surely not because Alec didn't trim the front nose off??!!
I personally I think as a BRCA official that you are, you should at least give your views on your comments
Why thank you for the kind words Tony :wub
Not sure if you'd realised but I've not been on here too much recently and there are more than a few personal and work reasons for that. I friend has alerted me of your questions. You could have contacted me if you wanted.
The reason I have not replied yet is that I don't want to rush a reply, and have simply been too busy, sorry for that.
Yes I am a BRCA official, but I am also a Volunteer BRCA official, other stuff sometimes has to come first.
I will reply, don't worry.
G
Northy
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.
I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.
G
RudeTony
02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.
I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.
G
Graham, sorry if you took my words wrong, not meant to sound like they do when re-read - sorry.
Saying that though, you still haven't told us why 'you think it may not be BRCA legal' LOL
Neil Skull
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Graham,
this has little to do with me but!!! i will say my piece.
People talk rubbish on forums and say things that are not true!!
As a BRCA official (which all BRCA commitee members are) you have to be careful what you say as people take you literaly.
When you make a plain comment "Pity its not BRCA legal"
You can imagine how the people feel who have spent hundreds of pounds on a kit to race with who suddenly believe that their car cannot be used, Not to mention the damage you can cause to the business that is selling these cars!
I think you need to explain yourself better please as to why you made the comment in the first place and whether the people with vested interests need to be doing things to protect their Finances.
To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!
Northy
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I think you need to explain yourself better please as to why you made the comment in the first place and whether the people with vested interests need to be doing things to protect their Finances.
OK, I will, and have. I have said I can not make a judgement until I have seen one in the flesh or some REALLY good pictures.
To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!
Are you serious? :confused:
GRIFF55
02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
DOUBLE CHECK ON THE TINTED WINDOWS THING.. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEY ARE LEGAL OR NOT PLEASE?
InsideLineModels
02-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal ;)
G
Northy, you just said you can't make a judgement until you've seen the car in the flesh, but from your original comment it seemed like you had already made that judgement. You obviously had a reason in the first place to make the comment so please tell us what it was. The suspense is killing me!
I know you are Volunteer (and I commend you for that), but you've chosen to be a representative of the BRCA and you should be factual when you make statements like this. Perhaps you should have said nothing on a forum until you had made a judgement, you could always have contacted one of us before..
Northy
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Northy, you just said you can't make a judgement until you've seen the car in the flesh, but from your original comment it seemed like you had already made that judgement. You obviously had a reason in the first place to make the comment so please tell us what it was. The suspense is killing me!
I know you are Volunteer (and I commend you for that), but you've chosen to be a representative of the BRCA and you should be factual when you make statements like this. Perhaps you should have said nothing on a forum until you had made a judgement, you could always have contacted one of us before..
Agreed Kev, a genuine human mistake, and I apologise, I've clarified above that: "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal".
Unfortunately I will soon loose internet access until late Friday night.
Could you send me some good close up pictures of the shell Kev?
G
Neil Skull
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
OK, I will, and have. I have said I can not make a judgement until I have seen one in the flesh or some REALLY good pictures.
Are you serious? :confused:
Graham i dont have the pleasure of knowing you, And i have absolutely no idea why you said what you said so i have to make some assumptions, if you a have another reason please share as i cant think of any.
I would hope you are a nice guy and just said something stupid but as i say i dont know you so i cant be sure.
InsideLineModels
02-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Could you send me some good close up pictures of the shell Kev?
G
No problem, if you PM me your email address i'll send them tonight. You'll have to let me know what area in particular though.
RudeTony
02-03-2011, 02:09 PM
We still love you Graham - Just - LOL :thumbsup:
On another note _ I DO NOT THINK THE SHELL IS ILLEGAL AT ALL and if it is then PW will have to throw out about 30-40 Vegas out........
Northy
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Graham i dont have the pleasure of knowing you, And i have absolutely no idea why you said what you said so i have to make some assumptions, if you a have another reason please share as i cant think of any.
I would hope you are a nice guy and just said something stupid but as i say i dont know you so i cant be sure.
I really do not know what to reply to that.
footey
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions
Neil Skull
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Graham,
The only reply we want is why you said the shell is illegal?
If i made such a statement as i believed it to be true, it would be with some evidence like the body is too wide or the windows are wrong or something else.
If i said something like that just for to stir some forum chat then i would admit that by now.
Can you please tell us if there is any grounds for that statement?
I think the Vega boys at least would like to know if they have to make a new mould!
BTW are you a politician or training to be one:lol:
Neil Skull
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions
Thats correct! I am not making an assumption on Graham as a person but simply a statement he wont clarify!
He might be the nicest guy in the world i just dont have any answer to the big question! so without a clear and definitive I and indeed we all have to make our own assumptions.
Northy
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Neil,
I have said more than once now that I need to look at it/pictures before I know for sure.
Rest assured I do not want to stop anyone racing.
Sometimes I wish I didn't post on here.
G
Smartalec
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Just to clarify about my personal shell, the pictures may not be clear but I can definitely put anyone's mind at rest on a couple of points.
Firstly the nose on the shell is "bent" down on the final product so it doesn't protrude past the bumper on the car, on my prototype (the one in the pictures) the nose piece is straight so if it upsets anyone or infringes any rule a simple pair of scissors will come out and trim it back :thumbsup:
Secondly regarding the comment on the "tinted" windows. The windows on my shell are as clear as crystal and have absolutely no covering whatsoever, so again, maybe the pictures are not as clear as they could be but to be honest I wasn't trying to win photographer of the year when I took them, I was merely trying to show the car to the masses.
As has already been said, the shell will be loved or hated, but as to being illegal, unless Graham can come up with a decent answer as to what he thinks is an infringement of the rules then I don't think any of us have anything to worry about ;)
Rebelrc
02-03-2011, 02:54 PM
It is legal!!!
END OF!
Could your statement Graham have been because you sell atomic carbon cars by any chance?
We all say silly things sometimes lol
Me usually the most lol
And I admit it:p
Rebelrc
02-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Graham I think you need to clarify if you think alec's is not legal, or all vega's?
RudeTony
02-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh dear oh dear!!
Maybe because the Vega is so fast - maybe that is why it's illegal - LOL
Or maybe it's Alec that's the problem LOL
Dudders
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/th_popcorncat.gif
Better than day time tele this! :thumbsup:
InsideLineModels
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/th_popcorncat.gif
Better than day time tele this! :thumbsup:
It can't be better than Loose Women surely???
Dudders
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Since buggering my back up on Monday I watched my fair share, but cant get into those man bashing old hags :woot::woot::woot: :mad:.
Anyway, back on topic.....:D
Timee80
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
sorry to be off current topic, but does the 201 have more steering with the vega conversion. I like how stable my 201 is but im considering swapping to something else as im always waiting for the car in the corners. Its either the tlr22 or the vega if it solves my problem. Thanks for any advice
RudeTony
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
It can't be windows or the front end of the shell as on Alecs shell.
It has to be something to do with the shell it self.
Unless I have gone totally stupid it's the only reason Graham would want to look at Kevs shell........maybe it's colours :)
Why why you don't just say i thought it may be illegal because of this, that or the other for the life of me I don't understand.
Sooner or later you will be wrong or right so who cares - TELL US!!
Maybe Paul you could help out what Graham is maybe talking about - we know you read the forum like everyone does and no doubt he must be consulting with you??!!!
Smartalec
02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
sorry to be off current topic, but does the 201 have more steering with the vega conversion. I like how stable my 201 is but im considering swapping to something else as im always waiting for the car in the corners. Its either the tlr22 or the vega if it solves my problem. Thanks for any advice
Hi mate, the Vega 201 most certainly has more steering than the standard 201. It obviously retains all the standard steering components from the standard car but the different weight distribution makes it behave much more like a 4wd car and feels much more stable around the track.
With zero weight in either car the Vega 201 still has more steering than the standard car, so if a "light" car is how you like it then the Vega 201 will work for you. On my Vega I have the Rudebits 36 gram weight under the speedo/receiver and a further 35 grams under the servo. On the standard 201 I had over 90 grams under the servo/speedo/receiver and another 90 grams under the lipo, this obviously wouldn't suit everyone and is only a guide but on testing I have found that whether you prefer weight in your car or not the Vega will generate more steering.
The Vega 201 also jumps much better than the standard car and with the trimming of the wing to suit your driving style you will find you can get the perfect balance. :thumbsup:
Timee80
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
just what i was hoping to hear. Are these now in stock?
DaveG28
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok guys, think some of these posts overdo it, and I say that as someone who has a Vega shell and therefore am interested in if it's legal!!
I am sure G didn't say something due to being involved with Atomic, I can't see him doing that and if you don't know him you shouldn't suggest it either!
He made a comment, has clarified it and asked for pictures to help him form a view, why not let him do that!!
Random query though, not sure I know of any other cars with a 100% vertical front facing element like the Vega (just behind the nose?), air vent bumps etc are normally always leaning back, might that be a problem, is there anything in the rules about that??
Mrs.TeamXtreme
02-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Just to let you know that as far as we are concerned it is BRCA legal. We have not been given any reason to think otherwise.
As as an official/professional etc etc it should have been discussed in private. This way it could have been dealt with in a calmer manner. We all know what forums are like - they can sometimes stir things up.
Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first.:confused:
Luckily none of our Team members need do anything like that on other Manufacturers forum's! :p:p
Rest assured guys that your Vega's are just fine and dandy and if for whatever reason they are not - you know we will come up with something just as quick and unique!:thumbsup:
And while I'm here I might add that the Vega Elite RB5/ Vega-Elite 201 and the Vega-Elite RT5 are now available:thumbsup:
(Thanks to our Team Drivers who have really tried to clarify this thread - you a good bunch of guys) :lol:
Al3xis007
02-03-2011, 06:59 PM
DOUBLE CHECK ON THE TINTED WINDOWS THING.. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEY ARE LEGAL OR NOT PLEASE?
i know you cant have them on touring cars because you have to be able to see in to unplug it (i did mine but i only race it at rug racers)
as far as buggies, the windows are so small on some shells you cant see in anyway. i've seen people with sprayed windows, tinted windows and even blue tinted windows at nationals...mr springer lol
Rebelrc
02-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I do know him Dave he is a top bloke
We pm each other often
Thanks
DaveG28
02-03-2011, 08:03 PM
We all know what forums are like - they can sometimes stir things up.
Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first.:confused:
Luckily none of our Team members need do anything like that on other Manufacturers forum's! :p:p
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Wow, I shouldn't say this but it's been long day and I am fed up of this type of thing on forums, so let's be blunt shall we:
YOU are accusing G or either accidentally or deliberately treating you product differently due to his involvement with another product, when you have NO IDEA if this is the case.
You say none of your drivers have to do that, when your team owners brother has countless posts slagging of Schumacher. I don't know how you could post what you did above straight faced!!!
It's posts like yours (and ironically this one of mine!) which make forums a place where things get blown up, I would suggest you rethink what you and others here have insinuated. Maybe taking a leaf out of Kevin's book, I may have missed something but I think his response has been measured/reassuring without the petty sniping!
Your all great guys, and I have a Vega on order and look forward to trying it (if you guys don't can my order for this!), but this type of thing really p***es me off! One of the advantages of being too s**t to be "team" is I can say that!!
Now can I please suggest, people stick to posting about the car or queries on the shell, without questioning G's integrity please! Even if his original comment wasn't the brightest, which I think he's kind of admitted!!
Dave
Rebelrc
02-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Cheers for dragging me in
But I am not team vega
I am no where near good enough!
Just an Rc customer.
Dave you do not know me or know my experiences so please leave me out of this :cry:
Hope you like your vega. I am sure you will love it!:thumbsup:
DaveG28
02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Sorry your right it is unfair, and I don't know you.
The same however is true for the people posting on here and G...which is why unfortunately I mentioned your situation as an example eg I wouldn't ever suggest you post about other cars due to being related to these guys cos I don't have a clue about it, so they should realise the same applies with their knowledge of G and AC!
Cheers for dragging me in
But I am not team vega
I am no where near good enough!
Just an Rc customer.
Dave you do not know me or know my experiences so please leave me out of this :cry:
Hope you like your vega. I am sure you will love it!:thumbsup:
Mrs.TeamXtreme
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:Wow, I shouldn't say this but it's been long day and I am fed up of this type of thing on forums, so let's be blunt shall we:
YOU are accusing G or either accidentally or deliberately treating you product differently due to his involvement with another product, when you have NO IDEA if this is the case.
You say none of your drivers have to do that, when your team owners brother has countless posts slagging of Schumacher. I don't know how you could post what you did above straight faced!!!
It's posts like yours (and ironically this one of mine!) which make forums a place where things get blown up, I would suggest you rethink what you and others here have insinuated. Maybe taking a leaf out of Kevin's book, I may have missed something but I think his response has been measured/reassuring without the petty sniping!
Your all great guys, and I have a Vega on order and look forward to trying it (if you guys don't can my order for this!), but this type of thing really p***es me off! One of the advantages of being too s**t to be "team" is I can say that!!
Now can I please suggest, people stick to posting about the car or queries on the shell, without questioning G's integrity please! Even if his original comment wasn't the brightest, which I think he's kind of admitted!!
Dave
I think you should read my post again. I have not accused anyone of anything. I merely suggested that my Team Members needn't do that. My post was accurate and fair.
Please be aware that my Brother in Law is not a Vega Team Driver and is entitled to his own opinion - so maybe you should not go around accusing people and making assumptions.
You should also think of how our integrity might have been affected with his comment, which was unnecessary on a public forum. I can also say that 'I am fed up with this type of thing on the forums', something posted with no evidence and unprofessionally. I haven't heard from any other BRCA representative privately or publicly!
And by the way it's not only you that has had a long day. :p
DaveG28
02-03-2011, 10:55 PM
"Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first."
I read your original post fine thank you very much. I think the above suggests your accusing him of something. Maybe it's just me. I also think your linking his association to another car in there, so don't then say it's not on to mention family affiliations etc.
You guys need to realise G was not being underhand in any way, was not picking on a "competitor" etc, but actually, and I have to say HE HAS ALREADY POINTED THIS OUT before your post, thought he saw something illegal on the shell. Now he's not so sure and is trying to find out before posting further. He has also I believe admitted the original post was not handled brilliantly.
given that, personally, I think some of the posts on this thread are out of line, and it amazes me you and others can post what you have about him then say its out of line to mention when people are in the same family etc!! I know Rebel can post his own views without being influenced by knowing you (and as I said in response to him I didn't meant suggest the opposite), that's my whole point, maybe, just maybe, G can do the same, perhaps you should realise that....
I think you should read my post again. I have not accused anyone of anything. I merely suggested that my Team Members needn't do that. My post was accurate and fair.
Please be aware that my Brother in Law is not a Vega Team Driver and is entitled to his own opinion - so maybe you should not go around accusing people and making assumptions.
You should also think of how our integrity might have been affected with his comment, which was unnecessary on a public forum. I can also say that 'I am fed up with this type of thing on the forums', something posted with no evidence and unprofessionally. I haven't heard from any other BRCA representative privately or publicly!
And by the way it's not only you that has had a long day. :p
spenner
02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Please, put this to bed now.............
Facts are - Something was said, a bit hastily.
It's been retracted.
The bodyshell is legal in accordance to BRCA rule book.
Lets not go any further as this is not the sort of press any car needs, and to be honest it is getting a bit tit for tat!!!
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's all folks
jondell
02-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Awwwwe, not finished my popcorn yet.
Dudders
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Awwwwe, not finished my popcorn yet.
Can borrow this if you like Jon?
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/th_popcorncat.gif
David Church
03-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Can't believe I missed all this fun!
I really should spend more time on my laptop and less time working:D
I look forward to hearing why G thought the shell was illegal, I'm sure it was a mistake on his part, but that's life, who's perfect eh?
Lord knows ive made a few mistakes haha
This forum is a great place to discuss things, but it does lend itself to people going OTT.
It is entertaining to watch people argue, and as far as Rebelrc goes, your even more famous in Sweden now haha, sorry Scott couldnt resist:p
You know theres only one way to solve this.......fffiiiiigggggghhhhtttttt
MHeadling
03-03-2011, 08:52 AM
I think the best way is to settle it is with a Dance Off! :lol:
DaveG28
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
The only rule I can see which is vague enough to maybe be an issue is the thing about having to have some of both the front and rear profile uncut and still part of the shell. I've never understood that rule but at the rear this must be very close to not having any? Think others have been the same though, wasn't the S2 similar?
David Church
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I have a S-2 and never even noticed Amish, I did race it at the nationals, euros and worlds without any problems though.
Rebelrc
03-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Good Morning
Dave if you look at my AC comment it has a question mark at the end of it!
So that's a question not an accusation. And could have simply been answered .instead of all the coyness
You see if someone makes a statement like G's then doesn't justifie it , people clutch at straws
Like I said leave me out of this, I am being good and keeping my posts light, factual and helpful.
I am a customer who doesn't only purchase goods that my brother makes
I love Durango, losi, kyosho,team Xtreme,vega, tamiya, yokomo and associated not that's any of your business lol
How come you don't drag others that have asked WHY? G into this?is it cause they are big in Rc cars? Question not a statement!
And why are you comparing loyalty to family ties to Rc car team drives (usually small discounts) you are out of order! Of coarse I am going to stick up for my brother and sister in law (to the death) wouldn't you?
Why are you so interested in my family anyway? It's just weird..... You wouldn't talk to gill losi like that or any other manufacturers so what gives people the right to do it to team Xtreme/ vega?
When I got into the Schumacher cat3 row I publically apologised and pm'ed those concerned my apologies, as that's all I could do to try and make things better. In a prompt manly fashion !
Yes we all say silly things sometimes, me more than most ,but what's that got to do with the amazing quality of his cars?
Sad thing is that the time we spent Typing I could have knocked up a new body mould
So that is hopefully what I am going to do tonight
And if it's any good give it too vega.
The kind of bashing bashing Does not look good when new racers look in
Now can we PLEASE get back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a kyosho rb5 vega and drove it for the very first time at the maritime off road wars on Saturday,
The car was spot on after a little clutch fettling.
I don't really race on anything except polished wood so you give me grip and then SMASH!
But whole different story with the vega. It just went! In an effortlessly rapid fashion and flew confidently
I was extremely pleased. People that actually know me said your car looks good and you seem very happy today! Whats wrong lol
I love it and I think it's going to make medo more racing so you can get to know me Dave ( joke)
Me and Lewis are like chalk and cheese but one thing we have in common is that we are both very passionate about Rc cars and design and no matter how much knocking are not going away ! Luckily for racers ,or else the vega fabulous chassis wouldn't be here in all it's splendid quality and correct pricing which is all good for our hobby + uniquely covering many manufacturers with previously unseen quality
And the vega team drivers are an amazing bunch of level headed guys doing a great job with upmost professionalism
"Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first."
I read your original post fine thank you very much. I think the above suggests your accusing him of something. Maybe it's just me. I also think your linking his association to another car in there, so don't then say it's not on to mention family affiliations etc.
You guys need to realise G was not being underhand in any way, was not picking on a "competitor" etc, but actually, and I have to say HE HAS ALREADY POINTED THIS OUT before your post, thought he saw something illegal on the shell. Now he's not so sure and is trying to find out before posting further. He has also I believe admitted the original post was not handled brilliantly.
given that, personally, I think some of the posts on this thread are out of line, and it amazes me you and others can post what you have about him then say its out of line to mention when people are in the same family etc!! I know Rebel can post his own views without being influenced by knowing you (and as I said in response to him I didn't meant suggest the opposite), that's my whole point, maybe, just maybe, G can do the same, perhaps you should realise that....
Neil Skull
03-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Dave G, And Yan
This never started as a personal thing with anyone just a fact finding mission.
I think its important not to get in some argument about the great people in this sport and it seems that Graham is a well respected and liked person in the rc community and i hope to meet him so we can shake hands and share a laugh.
These are the issues we wanted clarifying.
G made a straight comment "The shell is not BRCA legal"
He did not say, i think it may be illegal!!!!!
You really cant make a comment like that without any grounds!!!
He now says he cant make an opinion without actually seeing one!!
For this reason alone he should make it clear he made should not have said what did originally and retract his statment!!
And for politeness he should Inform us why he thought the shell was not legal if indeed he did at all.
Or maybe just admit he was talking twadlle.??
What has happened is that we all now have made the assumption that Graham was talking Twaddle and that a problem does not exist with the shells!!
I dont like making assumptions:thumbdown:
We all talk rubbish sometimes:wub
Rebelrc
03-03-2011, 09:37 AM
My last post was not a rant just hopefully a constuctive point for the sake of lovaley oople
Cheers Dc
Anyone else want my family tree? (joke)
Back on topic!;)
DaveG28
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.
I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.
G
Posted by G yesterday Neil, as I've already pointed out, he already said he shouldn't have put his original wording, but then props carried on insinuating things anyway!
As usual in forum land, once someone pints out some posts go too far they become the object of the flaming..all to be expected I guess! I note some people can't be f***ed responding to my posts asking actual questions about the shells, just to have a go! How about saying whether they think the rear profile thing is an issue instead? I am a customer remember...I have a vested interest in checking the shell! Feels like I stumbled into a Bury forum...
Cheers for your input dc!
As for family obsession, get a grip, I made a fair comment about people in glasshouse not throwing stones, that's all...plus admitted it was unfair to drag specific names into it.
Any chance of some more responses about the actual shell?
basey
03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Cant see Wot the fuss is all about its a toy car
Smartalec
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi Dave, i'm not familiar with the rule regarding the rear profile of the shell so I can't comment but as far as I know the shell has been given the all clear and if Graham does know something we all don't then Team Extreme Vega will act accordingly i'm sure as soon as G let's us all in on the secret :wub
One sometimes really have to wonder if we're all still talking about radio controlled "toy" cars? :lol::lol::lol:
Even though the shell is far from pretty, I must admit Rebel made it look good with an excellent paintjob!!! :thumbsup:
I suggest you all have a coke and a smile, and take for granted that this shell is legal until proven not... :D With all the fruitcake shells these days I see no reason why also this one wouldn't be legal. The basic idea was originally that the cars should resemble 1:1 cars, that's long gone! And for onroad cars the shells have an important aerodynamic effect, and we therefore need homologated lists. OK, there's of course an effect for buggies as well, but it's very small! And because it's so small no lists are needed, just some very basic guidelines so it still looks like a car.
Btw. will there be a Vega kit also for the B4.1?
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
WOW !!
It is nice Dave to defend Graham but mate this is why everyone is getting animated.
It has to be understood that texts started to team driver from customers, friends, fellow racers and dads asking whether the shell is legal.
Phone calls start to the manufacturer whether it's legal.
Obviously the forum kicks off and some very polite comments like from Kev which just said ’how come?’
At this point Graham could have said anything like, it’s the nose, it’s the windows, anything would have done and people would have looked into it, made their comments and all would have been well.
Now excuse me but I see it different. Grahams signature is clear and in bold that he is Tech Official.
Anyone not knowing Graham and as an example, Neil would assume that Graham knows what he is talking about.
Now let’s also think how many people are looking at this forum and are not National drivers etc etc and do not know Graham.
The fact is becoming to clear to you all that, Graham ‘ala’ Tech Officer has made a serious comment that could be affecting the manufacturer of the product, the drivers already owning the product, the potential owners of the product and the list can go on and on. It could be argued Kyosho, Tamiya, Associated and so on are affected as well. Even Kifo could be affected having an illegal shell.
I have asked G over 4 times on the forum to clarify what part he THINKS is not right and he has avoided that.
He knows and we all know he will be either right or wrong but the facts are crystal clear that his comments have NOT yet been clarified and everyone is still not sure and he is either laughing in the background or something. Even just now Alec has said, lets us in to the secret.
Now it could be argued that it’s toy car racing but not when a respected person like Graham makes a comment and leaves it open for days and days and …….
I personally cannot proceed to have my shells painted fresh for the season as there might be something so bloody picky that the BRCA want to find wrong but “I tell you what” …………..
G, you could have had a conclusion when he could have had emails with photos and even a shell on his door step if he wanted to clarify.
The fact again says G for some reason doesn’t want to clarify and that is why assumptions are made.
Graham me old fruit, you HAVE to clarify how or what you saw in the first place whether right or wrong otherwise this is going to continue to escalate
Dudders
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Well I dont know any of you so...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/2346699537_c78f20b3d6.jpg
But a simple "I think it might be the rear end shape / Windows / Nose but can someone let me have one so I can decide 100%" might have been the best way forward, then we can all go share a beer ;)
Anyway, another day on my back resting so keep the fun rolling :thumbsup:
Mrs.TeamXtreme
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree it is getting out of hand - but please don't expect me to 'stand' by while a derogative comment is made about our product with no evidence. In my first post all I did was try to make things clear on the BRCA side of things.
Tom, Dick and Harry did not then have to quote me and start a personal thing going. Nor was it in their place to defend someone while putting us down.
We have spent many hours working dam hard to produce what we have and because we are so passionate about it and so can produce beautiful products like the Vega and the X11.:wub All here in the U.K :thumbsup:
I also agree that it is 'Toy Cars' but it is our livelihood - we do have our own little children and family to look after:wub
A bold statement like that was just wrong and while you may all be thinking that I'm a bitch, I'm not going to put up with it. However give me some factual evidence and I will be the first to look into it and if we are wrong we will apologise and rectify it asap!
If there are any serious questions please do not hesitate to ask (I promise I don't bite):thumbsup:
Rebelrc
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
And please let me know cause I am starting a new shell mould tonight.
If I am missing something I need to know please!
Thanks SHY .... I like mine and so lots of others cheers:thumbsup:
basey
03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
U make very good points tony. I think we r just going to have to wait I just think its unfair on vega coz the car is sweet
Rebelrc
03-03-2011, 11:09 AM
My new shell mold isn't official vega
Just me playing:thumbsup:
Neil Skull
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
You Know this thread reminds me this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHMO14KuJk
I think its time to have a laugh and spray some bodies.
I just hope for those shells dont get to first national and fail scrutineering as the $%*@ would hit the fan:D
DaveG28
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Tom, Dick and Harry
What I love about this is I'm actually your perfect customer in some ways, I've paid for a car I haven't received, so love the insults...just to clarify for everyone, and when he is available G can correct any factual errors I make here:
1. He made a comment
2. He did not see (I think) the reply's until someone told him it was going nuts
3. Having realised the original comment was not great, has tried to clarify he's not sure and not follow it up with another uncertain comment (you can agree or disagree whether he's right to do that)
4. He HAS asked for pictures
5. He isn't online too much until Friday from what I remember him writing on here yesterday, so don't be surprised he's not responding
You'll all be glad to know I'm not interested in carrying on arguing that bit above (1-5), thats my view unless G or someone with real knowledge rather than an uninformed opinion proves otherwise.
I only stepped in as instead of just criticising him for an honest error, even AFTER he admitted as much, people were acting doubts on his integrity...you should all be able to deal with someone being wrong without needing to suggest underhand tactics etc.
Now, Tony, I hear you on shell painting, I have 5-6 shells waiting to go to Kif for various cars and am waiting on this beig settled before sending everything!! In the meantime I bought a spare shell, will do a nice simple job on it for when the car arrives!! Looking forward to running it as it looks a gorgeous piece of engineering!
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
What I love about this is I'm actually your perfect customer in some ways, I've paid for a car I haven't received, so love the insults...!
Its not like that Dave - they are just saying it from there point of view mate - don't take that wrong - They are FAR FAR from those type of people mate
just to clarify for everyone, and when he is available G can correct any factual errors I make here:
1. He made a comment - Fact
2. He did not see (I think) the reply's until someone told him it was going nuts - Not a Fact - he says that
3. Having realised the original comment was not great, has tried to clarify he's not sure and not follow it up with another uncertain comment (you can agree or disagree whether he's right to do that) Not a Fact and can be argued
4. He HAS asked for pictures - Fact and HE HAS THEM - LOADS!! - and still no response
5. He isn't online too much until Friday from what I remember him writing on here yesterday, so don't be surprised he's not responding - Surely internet everywhere LOL!!
I still love everyone and I cannot stop laughing at the youtube vid Neil posted LOL
Tezcat
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I remember a certain Gerald Irving Ratner making a, what he thought, a seemingly off the cuff harmless comment about his own company. They didn't last long after that.
If you are an official, voluntary or paid, you have a responsibility. This is peoples livelihoods being messed with here. Everyone is now watching this waiting for an answer.
LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol:
Fantastic vid! Not too shabby this one either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRYDVaXdaA&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Rebelrc
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Dave
I have not seen any insults just criticism and corrections
Cheers
Take a deep breath
And what do you mean not good enough for team?
If memory serves me correct you had a good result at maritime. Proper quick!
peetbee
03-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Not sure if you'd realised but I've not been on here too much recently and there are more than a few personal and work reasons for that. I friend has alerted me of your questions. You could have contacted me if you wanted.G
....
Unfortunately I will soon loose internet access until late Friday night.
Mrs.TeamXtreme
03-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Btw. will there be a Vega kit also for the B4.1?
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
JustARcFan
03-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
VERY similar as the TRF 201 kit :p
mattybucks
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
Will the body shell be BRCA legal?
mark christopher
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
stick or saddle? guess saddle only
will the conversion be AF or metric?
Will the body shell be BRCA legal?
Probably best you dont bring that one up again.. :thumbdown:
I cant see any reason for the bodyshell being illegal...
mattybucks
03-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Probably best you dont bring that one up again.. :thumbdown:
I cant see any reason for the bodyshell being illegal...
It was a joke. :p
grelland
03-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
when when when ???
RudeTony
03-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Team Vega are working hard on everything day and night for everyone.
I believe the B4/B4.1 will be out in the next 10-14 days and the same as all the other Vegas in saddle Lipo form.
Now if I am wrong with the time period don't worry as it will be anounced as soon as it's all ready.
Kyosho, Tamiya, and very soon Associated Vegas with lovely legal shells. LOL
I do believe you may be able to pre-order for a small fee or something, if you ring the office (Imay be wrong on this though lads) - Sorry Lewis, more phone calls LOL
MikePimlott
03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Vega world domination :thumbsup:
chuckie stella
03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Mike, is that Nick in your profile picture?
MikePimlott
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Yep, bilbao euros pics.
Just to wind him up :p
Dudders
04-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Oh Yes!!!:drool::drool:
Where do I order?
Mrs.TeamXtreme
04-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Where do I order?
As we are working on it now, we are taking pre-orders. Simply drop me an email subject 'Vega B4' and let me know how many kits you would like. As soon as they go on sale you will be notified. Emails will work on first come first served basis.
Please email
[email protected]
:thumbsup:
Dudders
04-03-2011, 01:17 PM
As we are working on it now, we are taking pre-orders. Simply drop me an email subject 'Vega B4' and let me know how many kits you would like. As soon as they go on sale you will be notified. Emails will work on first come first served basis.
Please email
[email protected]
:thumbsup:
Sent!
RudeTony
05-03-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm taking bets that there is no response this weekend.......
Rebelrc
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I take it that cause of the lack of brca input that the shell is fine?
Surely the brca are aware of this thread?
Be nice to know though;)
RudeTony
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
"I think the shell might not be BRCA legal".
Unfortunately I will soon loose internet access until late Friday night.
Graham, it's Monday now dude and with all the jokes aside, you still have not replied .......
What are you waiting for??
kyoshozx5 kid
07-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Graham, it's Monday now dude and with all the jokes aside, you still have not replied .......
What are you waiting for??
deleted as requested. sorry it took so long
footey
07-03-2011, 04:26 PM
deleted
Rebelrc
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't think it was a good idea posting that
You might want to edit those last couple of posts for obvious reasons
Cheers
RudeTony
07-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I understand now!!!!
footey
07-03-2011, 06:07 PM
rebel dont worry about his house his famiy is still at home its just him out there for work and trust me u wouldnt want to mess with julie she got a nasty temper :woot: infact id rather take on the whole british army
Rebelrc
07-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Didn't want him robbed!;)
You understand
That's all good then I didn't know the score and was being cautious
My mate once said on Facebook that he was away for Christmas and he lost his Lamborghini gallardo Christmas morning
Oh well he has an r8 now, much more sensible lol
DaveG28
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Guys,
Ignoring the shell a minute, anyone got body off piccies?? Would like to see what space is like for electrics etc!?
DaSloth
10-03-2011, 01:18 PM
dont have a pic to hand, but im running a low profile servo and i have so much space i dont know what to do with it :)
I'm sure with a full size servo you'll still have plenty of room.
Tjompa
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Pics: http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/vega-elite-tamiya/
But not much on the front end:/
Rebelrc
10-03-2011, 04:57 PM
RB5sp2 but same space as tamiya
Large 120amp HW speedo with large power cap and fan
large by todays standard KO receiver
lo pro servo admittedly but there is enough room for normal one
also space under shell to place rude bits weight kits under the speedo servo etc
RudeTony
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Looking good there Rebel BUT will placing the RudeBits weight kit in there make it illegal?? LOL Here soon by the way!
Rebelrc
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Doubt it probably too RUDE:thumbsup:
Rebelrc
13-03-2011, 07:35 PM
STILL WAITING!!!!!:thumbdown:
Dudders
13-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Saw Alec on Friday at Taplow and I think the idea was the slipper hole was over 10mm large and thus classed as a cooling hole...
(not that this IS the issue, its just what was discussed hope you dont mind me posting this Alec :confused:)
Rebelrc
13-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Why thank you for the kind words Tony :wub
Not sure if you'd realised but I've not been on here too much recently and there are more than a few personal and work reasons for that. I friend has alerted me of your questions. You could have contacted me if you wanted.
The reason I have not replied yet is that I don't want to rush a reply, and have simply been too busy, sorry for that.
Yes I am a BRCA official, but I am also a Volunteer BRCA official, other stuff sometimes has to come first.
I will reply, don't worry.
G
Come on!
TheReferee
13-03-2011, 08:59 PM
before this degenerates into another round of tit for tat posts, the issue is being dealt with between the manufacturer and the brca.
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 01:46 PM
before this degenerates into another round of tit for tat posts, the issue is being dealt with between the manufacturer and the brca.
Oh no John. That is just not right......
Does that mean the manufacturer can quote the BRCA. I think somehow that would end up being foolish, do you not think? It cannot be just left as is......there are thousands of people all over the world that don't talk to the manufacturer or the BRCA..........we are all waiting for Graham to post WHY he posted the comment that has caused so much animosity.......simples.
We all actually don't care whether he is right or wrong but we are all puzzled......this is still talked about at race meetings and the silence does NOT help anyone and furthermore in my opinion it is hurting the BRCA and the good reputation that you all have.......
Do I paint my shell or not??
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Apropos nothing...don't assume the G man is back from his travels yet, may be why he's not answered...in the meantime it's for either Vega or the BRCA to say whether there's an issue now...
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I am not assuming just going by the I will be back on late Friday! Over 1 week ago.
I personally do not care if it is legal or not (if it is great, if not I know vega can easily make a new one or rectify/modifiy the old one ) just can't get my head around some one making a silly Ill judged comment (fine we all do it) then to leave it hanging like this is not on! Especially when you know your going away and as well as having plenty of time to comment and has comented further before going away.
As G was speaking as a rep of the brca surely the brca should have commented by now? What do you think?
This was not a rant so please do not take out of context;)
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry, guess this bit isn't in Oople land, that Friday was when he had net access, not when he got back home!! The earlier posts weren't clear on that...
Tbh, my guess is he's not commented further while he waits for it to play out with brca/Vega, not spoken to him myself since he went away!
If necessary though, either a brca rep who is about or Vega can comment though...but my guess is, whether everyone agrees with this or not, the Brca are unlikely to think it their job to post on open forums, they'd speak with Vega and leave Vega to do that...just my guess though!
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Cheers Dave
I thought as G (brca) said it then there for should respond
But yes your right they cannot possibly watch every forum and comment on everything:lol:
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Cheers Dave
I thought as G (brca) said it then there for should respond
But yes your right they cannot possibly watch every forum and comment on everything:lol:
I do not agree here lads - Nobody is asking the BRCA to keep an eye on forums or to correct people publicly. Saying that, the BRCA at the highest level are fully aware of this thread and therefore they should comment and especially as we are asking them. John just made a comment and so was the original comment made by Graham (both BRCA officials). There are also other officials that are, have been and often are here reading all this as clearly can be seen when the 'who’s online' button is pressed!!!!
Why cannot either of them make the comment to whether the shell is legal or not? Vega didn't start this entire problem, Graham from the BRCA did and hence why I have repeatedly said to him to comment even if he made a simple mistake.
Although we all know the shell is legal there is a responsibility to post the right thing and that is to tell everyone it's an error and you all screwed up - simples
footey
14-03-2011, 05:46 PM
tony if you all know the shell is legal then surley that anwsers your question about people saying on here :confused:
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 05:59 PM
tony if you all know the shell is legal then surley that anwsers your question about people saying on here :confused:
Hey, I agree with that comment for me but what about the other 6000 other viewers of this thread that won't believe good old Tony but will believe Graham and his big BRCA signature?
And by the way, the USA has internet as well.
You lot must think we are all idiots or something.
I have absolutely nothing against Graham, nothing at all but he has to come on here and say what he thought - even if it's a load of rubbish, he has to clear this up.
Even if Paul the Chairman of the Off Road section came on here and verified the shell is the best thing since sliced bread, the 'why did Graham make that comment' will remain
footey
14-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Agreed Kev, a genuine human mistake, and I apologise, I've clarified above that: "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal".
this is off Gs post number 35 of this thread and he says a human mistake
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Agreed Kev, a genuine human mistake, and I apologise, I've clarified above that: "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal".
this is off Gs post number 35 of this thread and he says a human mistake
I hate to say this but I am beginning to think that some of the earlier suggestions in this thread are looking more and more favorite for the reasons of Grahams post in the first place.......that comment is like the word 'might' above........leaves everything to the imagination and the doubt of many.......
Since when did Graham need all of you posting for him anyways.....
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 07:03 PM
It's pretty simple now to me. If:
1. Vega have discussed with BRCA and it's been confirmed legal, Vega can easily tell us on here. That's their job, not the BRCA's.
2. As 1 but confirmed illegal, exactly the same thing
The only reason to then demand northy come on and explain is to tell him he's either right or wrong, which is unimportant anyway once we know it's 1 or 2.
The other possibility:
3. It's still in discussion and nothings confirmed.
In which case there's no point knowing the detail as we could debate it until the cows come home and still wouldn't know for sure, as it's clearly then open to interpretation.
In any of those 3 scenario's, it adds nothing for Northy to come on here and discuss it. Your only demanding he do so in order for people to have a go at him again, there's no point.
All that's needed is for Vega to answer whether it's legal once they get a decision from the BRCA, nothing more than that!
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Since when did Graham need all of you posting for him anyways.....
Because, yet again, he's not here...you/I/anyone else don't know if he can access the net enough to keep replying to being slatted off.
Also, maybe, just maybe, the brca have asked him no to comment....
Tony, seriously, in what way is my last post wrong, Northy isn't needed for this, Vega can clarify if/once they know. Take a deep breath and pause, them tell me how I'm wrong!
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Sorry footehave I missed something as I don't understand the last post
Cheers
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Because, yet again, he's not here...you/I/anyone else don't know if he can access the net enough to keep replying to being slatted off.
Also, maybe, just maybe, the brca have asked him no to comment....
Tony, seriously, in what way is my last post wrong, Northy isn't needed for this, Vega can clarify if/once they know. Take a deep breath and pause, them tell me how I'm wrong!
Dave,
I have read your post twice and taken that deap breath because with all the jokes aside you talk some logic.
You then please answer why should Vega HAVE to justify themselves for something they did not start.
Why should many manufacturers suffer because of this comment.
Why in fact should the BRCA not answer the question that one of their officials posted.
Why should in fact many drivers be unsure whether to buy or not based on that comment.
And lastly but certainly not least why shouldn't Graham just come on here and say it himself.
If you can aswer all of the above then I will not post on this thead again.
Now Dave, please take a minute and a deap breath before you answer the above. :) Also think outside the box and the people that read all this and so on. I repeat over and over again, i have nothing against Graham but the more he doesn't come on here and tell us what's what and why and the more the silence goes on, the worse people think and that includes me!
I actually now think it's a BRCA problem and not a Graham problem - their offcial - they should sort this out
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I second the above:thumbsup:
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Dude, not a lot of what's happened on this thread is ideal. The fact that I think at this point that it's for Vega to tell us what's going on doesn't mean I think it's their "fault" or anything like that.
For what it's worth, I think if the brca or a brca official has an issue with a car, they should discuss it in private with the manufacturer rather than say something publicly before they know for sure. Then it's for the manufacturer to to communicate as necessary with us customers.
FOR THE SAME REASON though, I think that's still what the brca should do, and therefore that it's still for vega to tell us. I just don't see how it would help for someone from the brca to post that it's illegal for example, let vega deal with it, so they could simultaneously announce what they're doing to fix it...hopefully it's legal anyway though!
With G, even he's admitted it was an error to post originally, I don't think anyone is saying it was done well, and IF he can post on here (which we don't know) you can argue either way whether he should say more. None of that justifies attacking his integrity though, sorry, in my view anyway, it just winds me up to see that part of it!
Remember, I'm a customer here, I have a spare shell so may lose money on 2, so if despite all that I think it's gone too far against him, maybe that should give everyone pause for thought!:blush:
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 07:59 PM
OK Dave, your points are valid to a degree but then answer this simple question.
Why does it take the BRCA so long to make a decision on this.
I know for a fact that Graham has had photos of every angle you can imagine of the car and shell.
This is why my last commnet says it is a BRCA problem now ans we all know all the committee reads the post so why not speak out
Maybe they are debating to ban me!!
mark christopher
14-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Dave,
I have read your post twice and taken that deap breath because with all the jokes aside you talk some logic.
You then please answer why should Vega HAVE to justify themselves for something they did not start.
Why should many manufacturers suffer because of this comment.
Why in fact should the BRCA not answer the question that one of their officials posted.
Why should in fact many drivers be unsure whether to buy or not based on that comment.
And lastly but certainly not least why shouldn't Graham just come on here and say it himself.
If you can aswer all of the above then I will not post on this thead again.
Now Dave, please take a minute and a deap breath before you answer the above. :) Also think outside the box and the people that read all this and so on. I repeat over and over again, i have nothing against Graham but the more he doesn't come on here and tell us what's what and why and the more the silence goes on, the worse people think and that includes me!
I actually now think it's a BRCA problem and not a Graham problem - their offcial - they should sort this out
tony
im pretty sure if somone or a brca official came on here and said rude bits weights are not brass there anodised coke tins, YOU would be on here saying it was bollox as the manufacture, you would not wait for manchester universitys metalist bofin to post for you.
ive read all this and agree with dave, all vega need to do is post yes the body fits the brca rules...................simples
kyoshozx5 kid
14-03-2011, 08:13 PM
for those who know G and are on his fb friend list it is very hard to not bite on some of the comments against his integrety especially when we know his work patterns and also know he is without internet at the moment weather at home or away ;).
as said in the comments above the brca are more than aware of what is happening and are in direct contact with xtreme as to weather the shell is legal or not. asking G to come on here and justify what he has openly said should of been discussed more discretly is only going to envoke a thread full of i was right you were wrong either way so witch hunting him is not the correct way (imho)
im not fussed weather the brca or xtreme come on here once it is decided eitherway as to the legaity of the shell to tell us al about it but for the love of god stop harping on that G should come on here to answer. i know that if i were in his position and saw reaction like this on a forum that i would probably quit my volentary positon and tell you all to "£$% off and be well within my on rights to do so.....
i know i wouldnt want his job with all the grief that goes with it and doubt rebel or rude tony would eiher and if everyone like G did get fed up and quit we wouldnt have a brca national/regional series to race at as there would be no one here to do the thankless tasks that are done by the few for the many.... with all due respect lads wind the necks in a bit and let the powers that be get it sorted :thumbdown:
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 09:42 PM
if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions
Zx5 kid take the advise above
How do you know me? I didn't see you on my face book friends list
How do you know what I would and wouldn't want?
Why are you questioning my integrity?
I have not questioned G's integrity so I suggest you read the whole thread:woot:
All I have seen are people asking questions no nastiness
Just want a man up answer:confused:
The suspence is killing lots of people, my club are all talking about it
Why name me and Tony there are others that have expressed the same interests as us
The vega range are fantastic products the best there is! (statement):wub
basey
14-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Vega rule end of
RudeTony
14-03-2011, 10:12 PM
tony
im pretty sure if somone or a brca official came on here and said rude bits weights are not brass there anodised coke tins, YOU would be on here saying it was bollox as the manufacture, you would not wait for manchester universitys metalist bofin to post for you.
ive read all this and agree with dave, all vega need to do is post yes the body fits the brca rules...................simples
Eh!!!
What the hell has brass got to do with a shell....your principal is not the same at all......if they don't know brass, they simply need help.
Also, Manchester hasn't got any boffins (2 fs by the way) dude and nor does the BRCA by the sound of it
Facts in case you didn't get them
Graham (and signature) posted the punishing comment
Graham adjusted but still left doubt
Graham said he will address the problem publicly and still hasn’t
Everyone was asking nicely till you lot come on here defending G as if he was a child and making comments about no internet irrelevant to G posting 7500 times on oOple that give an average of over 6 posts a week over a 5 year period.
He has a signature that holds power to the average person and refusing to post in over 2 weeks since the original comment, makes everyone frustrated
BRCA won't post although have done in the past on other issues
Meanwhile we just wait for what?
Paul to have a chat to Graham - about what?
Is the bloody shell legal or not?
It is the simplest question for the BRCA to answer. They made the rules and the comments!!
And for the last time I repeat, this is not against Graham ........ it is against the decision to drag out what could of been solved within hours and I mean hours........
So gents, with all the respect in the world to all of you, don’t come on here and insult peoples intelligence, have a go at me and others for just stating facts and asking a simple questions like Kev Lee originally posted 'how come'
All he had to do was answer than simple question and all this would not have been .............
mark christopher
14-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Eh!!!
What the hell has brass got to do with a shell....your principal is not the same at all......if they don't know brass, they simply need help.
Also, Manchester hasn't got any boffins (2 fs by the way) dude and nor does the BRCA by the sound of it
Facts in case you didn't get them
Graham (and signature) posted the punishing comment
Graham adjusted but still left doubt
Graham said he will address the problem publicly and still hasn’t
Everyone was asking nicely till you lot come on here defending G as if he was a child and making comments about no internet irrelevant to G posting 7500 times on oOple that give an average of over 6 posts a week over a 5 year period.
He has a signature that holds power to the average person and refusing to post in over 2 weeks since the original comment, makes everyone frustrated
BRCA won't post although have done in the past on other issues
Meanwhile we just wait for what?
Paul to have a chat to Graham - about what?
Is the bloody shell legal or not?
It is the simplest question for the BRCA to answer. They made the rules and the comments!!
And for the last time I repeat, this is not against Graham ........ it is against the decision to drag out what could of been solved within hours and I mean hours........
So gents, with all the respect in the world to all of you, don’t come on here and insult peoples intelligence, have a go at me and others for just stating facts and asking a simple questions like Kev Lee originally posted 'how come'
All he had to do was answer than simple question and all this would not have been .............
incorrect the members made the rules, the brca action them.......;)
c0sie
14-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Graham (and signature) posted the punishing comment
Punishing?
Really?..... :confused:
This thread is a-ma-zing.
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Lol
Hey mark if that's the case then how come non of the members know The rules :lol:
Boy i would love to be a fly on the wall to see G's face when he reads all this
Bet his ears have been burning lol
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Punishing?
Really?..... :confused:
This thread is a-ma-zing.
Yes punishing!
Read the whole thread
c0sie
14-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I have! Its awesome :)
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Really Tony, it's our fault for defending him?
After G's comment but before any of "us lot" wonder along for a chat...
To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!
Then the first one of "us lot" come along...
if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions
Obviously that was well out of order, so...
It is legal!!!
END OF!
Could your statement Graham have been because you sell atomic carbon cars by any chance?
We all say silly things sometimes lol
Me usually the most lol
And I admit it:p
Then I rock up to defend G, anyone can read the below and tell me if it's unreasonable...
Ok guys, think some of these posts overdo it, and I say that as someone who has a Vega shell and therefore am interested in if it's legal!!
I am sure G didn't say something due to being involved with Atomic, I can't see him doing that and if you don't know him you shouldn't suggest it either!
He made a comment, has clarified it and asked for pictures to help him form a view, why not let him do that!!
Random query though, not sure I know of any other cars with a 100% vertical front facing element like the Vega (just behind the nose?), air vent bumps etc are normally always leaning back, might that be a problem, is there anything in the rules about that??
Followed by manufacturer/distributor number 2 having a try...
Just to let you know that as far as we are concerned it is BRCA legal. We have not been given any reason to think otherwise.
As as an official/professional etc etc it should have been discussed in private. This way it could have been dealt with in a calmer manner. We all know what forums are like - they can sometimes stir things up.
Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first.:confused:
Luckily none of our Team members need do anything like that on other Manufacturers forum's! :p:p
Rest assured guys that your Vega's are just fine and dandy and if for whatever reason they are not - you know we will come up with something just as quick and unique!:thumbsup:
And while I'm here I might add that the Vega Elite RB5/ Vega-Elite 201 and the Vega-Elite RT5 are now available:thumbsup:
(Thanks to our Team Drivers who have really tried to clarify this thread - you a good bunch of guys) :lol:
At this point I admit I went postal, and sadly contributed to this being an even bigger farce...sorry everyone:blush:
I know this won't stop the next flame war against me, but...to be fair, rebel posted plenty of other things so sorry if you feel it's unfair to pick on your post above, but it is very suggestive, also have quoted the extreme post as again to be fair in-between the snide insinuation was some good points, but...do you think, just maybe, if everyone had posted more in the way Kev Lee did, that maybe this thread wouldn't have descended. I am not to all convinced it was all so nice and it's the fault of "us lot" for daring defend G from accusations.
I don't understand why people can't accept he made an error, as he's already stated!
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry Dave
I am not sure I understood the last post and why I was quoted ? If you look at that post it has not been edited, after the atomic question it clearly has a question mark (not an accusation mark)
When you said I had said alot of other things what did you mean?
Cheers
No flames
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Can't see any thing wrong with any of the above quoted posts
DaveG28
14-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Sorry Dave
I am not sure I understood the last post and why I was quoted ? If you look at that post it has not been edited, after the atomic question it clearly has a question mark (not an accusation mark)
When you said I had said alot of other things what did you mean?
Cheers
No flames
Should have clarified sorry, when I said you posted a lot of other things I meant I just took the one most extreme question, you'd said plenty of things before/after which weren't about G and were about slipper holes, different shell ideas etc, so it might be unfair to pick on that one single comment you made!
Rebelrc
14-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Cheers dave
But as has already been said ,question! Not comment as you said
And this question was asked of Graham (when he was still here) so that's really for him to decide (I have often ribbed G in private that I can't share secrets now as he is the opposition lol (AC)) that should have been answered by him and no one else really
Cheers
peetbee
14-03-2011, 11:56 PM
....
Being an outsider I must say it's pretty unwise to take the time to post that you think the shell is not legal. Without any factual reasons why.
Then dissapear...
Just to come back days later to tell he does not have the time to answer...
Then dissapear again...
As I see it this is a perfect recipe as to how you can piss people of! :lol:
We all have work, travels, children... but it's all excuses. You find the time to do whatever you like, it's just a matter of prioritizing. And if you still don't have the time. And know it... why take part in a discussion like this in the first place???
C'mon Graham, you seem like a reasonable guy! Have some from your fan club do a post on your behalf it you can't post from anywhere, and end this meaningless discussion! And if you were wrong, just admit it and go on!... we all make mistakes, all the time! :D
I've spent so much time myself on my local club and the national organization... but you can't use that as an excuse for anything. We all know we need voulenteers, and we all appreaciate them. But you still have to stand for what you've said! There's no "political immunity"! :D
the man from delmonte
15-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal ;)
Looks nice though.
G
So few words have genarated one of the best threads ever:thumbsup:. Keep it up guys i have more popcorn to consume.
P.s Did Stevie Wonder design the shell.
Neil Skull
15-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Dave G,
Firstly i think Mr Shy has summed it up perfectly!!!
I decided to keep out of this a while ago but as you qouted me here!
Originally Posted by Neil Skull http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=470404#post470404)
"To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!"
regarding my post!
If someone makes a statement without any evidence then you have naturally have to ask why?
If you are a tall person and i say you are tall you dont need me to measure you do you? If we was both rally drivers (but i was an official) competing in the same series and i said your Ford escort is dangerous and could cause an accident you would want to know why wouldnt you? if i then cleared off and gave you no answer as to why i made that comment what would you do?
Would you A, Assume i was talking rubbish as i am an idiot?
Would you B, Assume as a competing driver i am trying to mess with your head.
Would you C, Assume there must be some fact in this and stop racing and demand some answers?
Or would you assume something else?
If you read carefully i did not give my own conclusions but actually offered that "maybe" it was one of two reasons.
These being the most likely and indeed one being rather damaging but what other conclusion can you give please that i may have missed??
I think we are all getting tired of this now,
:thumbdown:
PaulUpton
15-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry :thumbsup: or should that be Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy :woot:
MattW
15-03-2011, 12:09 PM
It's done a good job of entertaining me for a few days, keep it up guys.
grelland
15-03-2011, 02:18 PM
You guys have waaaaaay too much time on your hands....
entertaining, though
mikeyscott
20-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Is the vega shell the same for the 201/rbi kit?
DaveG28
20-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Yep!
simoncrabb
22-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Can Vega do a Cougar rear-motor conversion please?! :woot:
*duck* *run*
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.