PDA

View Full Version : over gearing on the flash?


notfastwes
24-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Why is it over geared, surely a smaller spur gear and larger pinion(hope thats the right way round:blush:) will make it shift quicker.

Wes:confused:

bigred5765
24-02-2011, 08:26 PM
depends on how high you have gone, have u ever tried to set of in 4th gear ??

notfastwes
24-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I am only using the stock kit with the 62 tooth gear. but have seen the brushless upgrade that has i think a 74 tooth gear.

bigred5765
24-02-2011, 08:52 PM
a smaller spur and a larger pinion will higher the gear ration making top end faster bottom end slower but depends on what gear your running need to no motor and battery set up and how your running ie bashing or racing

kaylon
24-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I think the brushless might use a different Module then the brushed. The brushless might be 0.6 or 0.8 instead of 42dp.

A lot of recent brushless kits are now all 0.8 module..like all the Maverick Evo's. The old Mav's were 48dp.

Im not sure what that all means, but I'm sure it makes some difference :D

J