PDA

View Full Version : Any decent Mad Rat motor guards available?


damselfly
24-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I went out with my MR today and scuffed the exposed part of my motor slightly.

On this note; are there any decent motor guards out there that actually protect the motor properly? Or has anybody got any tips and tricks that I could try with my stock one?


Thanks in advance,

Damian

minke
24-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Masking tape will do, but can leave a residue when taking off. I usually get grit and scuffs under the motor, usually dont bother going to the effort.

damselfly
26-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks Minke. I've followed your advice and done that. Would be nice to source a wider cover though.

bigred5765
26-02-2011, 12:09 AM
that part should really never be on the floor but as already stated dont worry about it,

Bazzokajoe
26-02-2011, 12:30 AM
T bone racing do a rear bumper for the macnum, you could possiblly mount it onto a mad rat,

Was it a rear impact or done during a roll? I scratched the edge of my motor on my macnum doIng a High speed cartwheel, knocked the mesh off slightly as well... So the t bone is definatly the way to go for a more solid rear
end ;)

damselfly
26-02-2011, 02:56 PM
T bone racing do a rear bumper for the macnum, you could possiblly mount it onto a mad rat,

Was it a rear impact or done during a roll? I scratched the edge of my motor on my macnum doIng a High speed cartwheel, knocked the mesh off slightly as well... So the t bone is definatly the way to go for a more solid rear
end ;)

I accidentally drove over some gravel ( that sandstone rock stuff ). Luckily it's only a tiny bit of the motor that's been scuffed.
With me using a sensored motor i'm quite concerned that I may damage it as about 1/3rd of the back end is hanging out.
That t bone component looks the business, and i'm in the process of seeking a UK source.