View Full Version : Losi XX4 Improvements...
markwilliamson2001
21-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Seeing as this car is still around, I am wondering what improvements people have done to their cars for UK tracks...
I have mentioned on here about the bevillve washers for the diffs, which can be replaced by the monster diff spring set..
I also have Chris Long outdrive savers for the rear diff, and have tried a one-way diff in the front. At the last indoor meeting, I tried a diff in the front with a tightish clicker and preferrred it a lot more.
I also have an Atomic Carbon rear brace instead of the flappy one!
Mark
Southwell
21-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Flipping the rear anti squat blocks over from left to right, dremel down the nobbly bits and put a anti squat washer at the front of them.
Dremel a hole in the bottom shock tower from the bottom and run a screw in there to stop as many breakages.
markwilliamson2001
21-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Forgot to mention the flipped blocks, I have already done that mod.
Mark
markwilliamson2001
21-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Dremel a hole in the bottom shock tower from the bottom and run a screw in there to stop as many breakages.
WTF!! that makes no sense, do you mean rear shock tower?
I have also looked into the B2/B3 Front Brace for the front wishbones...
Mark
Southwell
21-11-2007, 10:56 AM
WTF!! that makes no sense, do you mean rear shock tower?
I have also looked into the B2/B3 Front Brace for the front wishbones...
Mark
either. where the tower goes up you dremel from underneath to strengthen it. It's not simple as if your off you will ruin the tower. I have only seen the front done, I have it done on mine too.
I have been using a b3 front brace for ages, works well.
super__dan
21-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Carbon fibre front and rear shock tower braces.
Front DVD's
X Factory front king pins screws (wishbone savers).
CR back end though personally haven't tried it yet.
X5 conversion ;)
Southwell
21-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Carbon fibre front and rear shock tower braces.
Front DVD's :confused::p Do they play blueray?
CR back end though personally haven't tried it yet.
Works well, i really like it.
Blah blah, needed extra words....
I recomend the front CR brace being put on, saved me a snapped shassis! but then i just kept mullering it, so it kinda helped for a while :P I forgot to add that it held the front of my xx-4 when the bulkhead was snapped in 2places completely and the shassis was snapped in like 3places too haha
super__dan
21-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Lol, my bad :)
mayhem
22-11-2007, 08:55 AM
leave the front brace off as bulk heads are cheaper than wish bones
ok prob a stupid question, what front brace?
Any pics of the show tower strengthening?
cheers
Southwell
22-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Like you get on a b4, across the front wishbones. You have to do some bulkhead 'shaving' though to get it on properly, unless you have longer hinge pins as they dont quite go all the way through the rear wishbone holes.
losixxx
22-11-2007, 12:19 PM
old shock shafts work a treat and they already have the e-clip slots to secure the brace, jp, ive got a new spare front brace if you need 1 but won't be racing again till jan:mad:
ok, I had not heard about that mod!
I think I have a spare one Chris as I swapped the B4 for a FT one.
Looks like I am going to run the XX4 next season got too many spares now to just swap to a B44 :)
losixxx
22-11-2007, 01:05 PM
jas its a b3 front brace not b4!
Markoxx4
22-11-2007, 10:27 PM
The best xx4 improvement.........x5 conversion kit!!! (no hate mail please!)
KevLee
22-11-2007, 10:33 PM
jas its a b3 front brace not b4!
XXX front braces fit aswell :)
jas its a b3 front brace not b4!
LOL, oops I wonder if I still have my B3 about?
matdodd
24-11-2007, 12:46 AM
If your at cov on sunday mate ill show you how to do the mod ;)
I'm not there Mat, out at a mates party sat night so I wont be up sunday morn :) hehe
tyreman
24-11-2007, 03:31 PM
leave the front brace off as bulk heads are cheaper than wish bones
Totally agree with you.
Here's a pictue anyway.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/tyreman/brace1.jpg
MattADH
24-11-2007, 10:12 PM
If you remove some of the material at the front of the bulkhead where the brace hits, you can get it to sit square.
Use some longer pins and a spacer and there is less chance of the bent plate potentially causing the pins to bind!
MattW
24-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I've done it the way Matt describes. As luck would have it, Schumacher Fireblade front pins are a good fit. They are a little long, but with an extra spacer it's good.
ashleyb4
24-11-2007, 11:41 PM
So far i havent done any of these mods to the my xx4 and i dont really break that much. Personsally i dont see the point its amazing as it is.
A
Southwell
24-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Because it makes it better lol. The CR mod is definately worth it, makes the rear end feel much better imo. Much more controllable when it's pushed hard.
super__dan
25-11-2007, 06:13 PM
leave the front brace off as bulk heads are cheaper than wish bones
But you can normally finish a run with a damaged bulkhead (or forget and do about 3 meetings as I once did) but that's more difficult with a wishbone hanging off.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.