View Full Version : XX-4 WE still worth buying?? or is this car pretty much done
I've heard the body mold was broken and they are going to stop producing replacement parts...
So is it really still worth buying?
ashleyb4
22-11-2007, 10:40 PM
the chassis mould was broken but losi are still producing the rest of the parts and its a top car defently still very competative.
A
Slimboyfat
22-11-2007, 10:51 PM
i will be using one for next season. parts situation is ok, no more chassis though apparently.
Dan-0ward
28-11-2007, 05:56 PM
i will be using one for next season. parts situation is ok, no more chassis though apparently.
Just keep running them till parts dry up! :rolleyes:
fnymn
20-12-2007, 05:50 AM
the XX-4WE is still woth buying even though some parts will be hard to get. it is the best 4wd in my opion cause it handles everything you throw at it.
tyreman
20-12-2007, 09:17 AM
The only thing that will become harder to get over time will be a chassis, every other part is still readily avaliable. The only thing I would look out for, is if you buy a used car check that the chassis has no dammage or cracks around where the white bulkhead mounts.
markwilliamson2001
20-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I will be selling mine sometime soon in the new year, as I am going back to 2wd (B4). If you are inline for a XX4, send me a PM. It has the metal motor clamp, metal servo mount, and atomic carbon rear brace. I also fitted some Outdrive savers to the rear diff. I also have a DC Racing one-way.
Thanks
Mark
Slimboyfat
20-12-2007, 12:01 PM
The only thing that will become harder to get over time will be a chassis, every other part is still readily avaliable. The only thing I would look out for, is if you buy a used car check that the chassis has no dammage or cracks around where the white bulkhead mounts.
Also the very back of the chassis where the rear bumper attaches to.
Southwell
20-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I got a gooden then, if i sell it soon the new chassis has only done 1 meeting :P
Slimboyfat
20-12-2007, 12:11 PM
i have a an unbuilt one sitting here. I believe that makes me better than you....lol
Southwell
20-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Gettoff showoff ;)
losixxx
20-12-2007, 01:36 PM
2 bnib, plus i had the 1 you got OJ ready on ebay snipe but couldnt be that cruel to you ;)
Also the very back of the chassis where the rear bumper attaches to.
Ideally it would be not broken there, but if it is just bargain the price down, you should get a good bargain - don't dismiss the car. It's an easy fix to use shock shafts & E-clips to keep the brace on - the bumper is not then critical.
Like Brian says the lugs at the front are critical, if they are damaged the chassis is bummed.
Slimboyfat
20-12-2007, 07:38 PM
2 bnib, plus i had the 1 you got OJ ready on ebay snipe but couldnt be that cruel to you ;)
ebay??
which one was that I dont remember...you mean the one I sold you about 2 years ago ish?
Al3xis007
31-12-2007, 03:14 PM
go to
http://www.facebook.com/share_redirect.php?h=12c4b2e2bc37398db8d8a6b1a49c1 c50&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.horizonhobby.com%2FProducts%2 FDefault.aspx%3FProdID%3DLOSA9914&sid=8047799873
they didn't break the mold
xx4's still good.
join my 'save the xx4' group on face arse......
www.facebook.com (http://www.facebook.com)
ashleyb4
31-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Yea im ont the only one who loves xx4's i would sign up but facebook wont let me :(
A
Al3xis007
31-12-2007, 03:57 PM
i tried many 4wd's, the worst change was the xxx4g+ to a bj4.
xxx4 aint that bad. Tiv was a really good national with it.
why is there loads of hype for the b44 when its just a bj4?
send me pic's of xx4's ill put them on my face arse group
ashleyb4
31-12-2007, 04:07 PM
you have a pm :)
A
JustMe
31-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Another outlet for Losi XX4 parts and pieces;
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-LOSI-XX-dsh-4-WCE-cln-Chassis-Parts/Categories
Fast shipping and good people to deal with.
Fiddybux
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
This is solved by going the X-5 route! :)
All the handling of the XX4 with all speed of a single belt drive-train. :D:D
i will be using one for next season. parts situation is ok, no more chassis though apparently.
Al3xis007
08-01-2008, 02:59 PM
no love for the x5 sorry, its a bit messy inside and out... y-no?
go to the x5 thread mate
http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16
lol
CraigM2610
16-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Another outlet for Losi XX4 parts and pieces;
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-LOSI-XX-dsh-4-WCE-cln-Chassis-Parts/Categories
Fast shipping and good people to deal with.
i took AGES for some stuff to come from losi parts house for me unless u live in america
ashleyb4
16-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I bought a micro baja from losipartshouse std delivery a week and it was here.
A
ME too Ash, everything I've ever ordered has taken 6 days to arrive
CraigM2610
17-01-2008, 08:20 PM
the stuff i bought took 3 weeks :eh?::wtf:
ashleyb4
17-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe they didnt have the tiem in stock. But losi partshouse has the fastest delivery from america ive knows.
A
Mike Hudson
18-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Back on topic i'd definately say the xx4 is still worth buying just make sure you have a spare chassis incase the wrst happens because of losi breaking the mold and not making them anymore, other than that the car seem to be great although i'm not much of a losi fan :p
Cockerill
18-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Are you sure they are not making chassis's anymore, or is that just what you've heard. Considering there were very few available just a few weeks ago and now there are quite a few about I think they are still making the chassis's, they are just not selling kits.
Mike Hudson
18-01-2008, 12:44 AM
O right, Vast majority say they arn't making anymore but i have heard a few saying they are still in production but i would still be curious to keep a spare incase i didn't know they wern't making the kits anymore though.
tyreman
18-01-2008, 06:46 AM
I was at Horizon last week and they had just had a shipment of xx4 chassis in.
Slimboyfat
18-01-2008, 12:45 PM
good news for those still running the car. Life in the old dog yet!
ashleyb4
18-01-2008, 05:12 PM
So true Matt.
A
losidriver70
01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Car is fine Mates! Preddy how you doin,i bought those lunsford axles from you for my CR last year via paypal whats up!:thumbsup:
The xx4we is a well engineered (Jukka) and well balanced car, it is still worth getting even if it is a 10yr old car
The only problem I see is the graphite/plastic parts are very brittle especially if you live in warm weather
I have 2 xx4we and will be racing in the Cactus Classic this year
This is why I have 2 if something breaks I will use the other car, if that breaks I'm screwed :lol:
You can still get alot of parts from losiparts house and yes they are making xx4 chassis and rear shock towers, the new ones have the new losi logo
just my 2 cents
Anyone know where I can get setups for the cactus classic
bigred5765
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
anyone noticed the new colours on the parts cards
just got some front towers the packets are gray and red
losixxx
05-02-2008, 08:43 PM
been like that for at least 6 months if not longer m8, keep up:lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.