View Full Version : Play in the steering...
sefton
26-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I've got a slight concern about my B4 stealth. It seems to have play/slop in the steering and front wheels. Is there any common ways of improving this like extra shims etc...?
Craig.
MechanicalUnsymphony
27-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Don't know if this helps or is even correct but according to Team Associated, there should be some slop in the steering to allow the car to track straight:
http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/techhelp/tech_b4.htm#38
I guess there must be a point where the slop becomes too much, but I don't know how you would guage it:confused:
You are always going to get a bit of movement in the bearings and also through the servo horn. I just make sure there is no slop in the turnbuckles.
jimmy
28-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Have a look at mine mate, im sure its worse than yours, the more slop the better it seems to go for me also.
usual weakness is the servo saver spring on the steering assembly, buy the HD one, tightens up the steering no end.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.